• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 8 & 9
iotWco7EcjEhy.gif

A voodoo doll of Chibi-Chibi is made to control her, but it doesn't go as well as expected. You can't troll Chibi-Chibi, that is trying to beat her at her own game. Episode 9 has the students making their own school uniform, and Minako wears a similar outfit in this episode to the one she wore in that SuperS episode she shared with Minako.

Bladenic

The Nurse Minako episode is seriously the funniest in the whole show. I was dying during the entire scene at Rei's. I have a gif of Minako causing the music player to blow up, need one of her serving Rei her rice.

Too bad poor Venus couldn't take a droid on by herself :(

MikeMyers

I was looking forward to seeing Minako as the leader of the Senshi since the 90's anime shafted her, and then Crystal did too. :/

I was looking forward to seeing Minako as the leader of the Senshi since the 90's anime shafted her, and then Crystal did too. :/

My view of the '90s anime is that, while it spent far more time "fleshing out" most characters than the manga did, it also had inferior characterizations of basically every single protagonist (Ami and Makoto may be debatable). And Crystal obviously is Crystal. *coughs*

That was a great little read. I'd totally watch Goldfish Warning.

You should, it's a great little comedy series and if you liked Sailor Moon's comedy you'll probably like this too.

Looking at the website of the fansubbers it seems that they will be resuming work on Goldfish Warning! again. I can't wait to watch the last eight episodes of it!

MikeMyers

I think it is worth watching. It is very GIFable, even more so than 90s Sailor Moon.

My view of the '90s anime is that, while it spent far more time "fleshing out" most characters than the manga did, it also had inferior characterizations of basically every single protagonist (Ami and Makoto may be debatable). And Crystal obviously is Crystal. *coughs*
Hmm, when they say "fleshing out" they I think they mean the sub-bosses like the Shitennou. I agree that the main protagonists were handled better in the comic, and I generally prefer the big bads in the manga.

I think it is worth watching. It is very GIFable, even more so than 90s Sailor Moon.

Hmm, when they say "fleshing out" they I think they mean the sub-bosses like the Shitennou. I agree that the main protagonists were handled better in the comic, and I generally prefer the big bads in the manga.

Well, the senshi and the like get way more screen time as well, it's just that much of that time isn't used very well. And yeah, it's the lesser villains that mainly benefit from all this, especially since many of them were given less characterization than even a monster-of-the-day would expect to get.

MikeMyers

Yeah, but I do like how in the manga the lesser villains actually get killed, and how they seem to be legit threats instead of gag villains most of the time.

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 10
ibidZ2iUhOZFhf.gif

Minako has a fallout with her goldfish, and then later, tries to find a way to coy Chibi-Chibi into being her bathroom buddy so she doesn't look like a loner when she goes there.

I guess Minako isn't really good at looking after any form of pet :p. Anyone else find it weird that Luna lives with Usagi, Artemis with Minako, and Diana with Mamoru?

Cheerilee

Luna is Spanish for moon so I guess that kinda makes sense. Not sure about the others.

They all come from Latin (which is the root of Spanish, among others).

Artemis (Greek) aka Diana (Roman) was the goddess of hunting, virgins, babymaking, and protecting young girls.

In Sailor V, Artemis introduces himself to Minako (who thinks he's a crossdressing pervert) and tells her that she's the reincarnation of Venus (Roman) aka Aphrodite (Greek), the goddess of love and beauty.

The goddess Venus is associated with the planet Venus (obviously), and Artemis is associated with the Moon.

Luna (Roman) aka Selene (Greek) was also a goddess of the Moon, and got it on with Endymion, a human. Sailor Moon suggests that Selene Serenity, not Luna, was responsible for that last part.

In Sailor Moon, Luna and Artemis have a child, and Selene is already taken, so... her name gets to be Diana.

John Blade

Did anyone got the Sailor Moon Season 1, Set 2 blu ray yet and any impression right now?

Just asking as I kinda want to buy the new collection but is on hold right now. Watch the american version and like it and want to put it in my anime collection but is on hold for now.

MikeMyers

Wait, in that picture I just posted, aren't Rei's shoes wrong?

Usually it is just high heels. Nothing that goes up to the knees.

MikeMyers

Huh. Didn't even realize that.

Also, I swear there was a panel once where Haruka reached one of her arms in the air and it looked like she had another arm on on top of her actual arm.

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 11
inB8xMM6NnSr4.gif

The students have to clean the school, and come up with creative ways to make cleaning fun. Later, Minako is asked on a date but it becomes a disaster when her friends tag along. The fact that this Minako is obsessed with her own beauty but is unlucky in love is only an admission of confirmation that it is indeed the same character. :p

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 12
isQUXbCKRFLTL.gif

Minako goes to a picnic, but Queen Beryl is there. Later, a fair is held to help Minako's financial situation. Chibi-Chibi has some great troll moments here, I decided she is my favourite character.

Goldfish Warning! 12
isQUXbCKRFLTL.gif

Minako goes to a picnic, but Queen Beryl is there. Later, a fair is held to help Minako's financial situation. Chibi-Chibi has some great troll moments here, I decided she is my favourite character.

Either Wapiko or Bad Ox is the best for me. Hard to decide between the two.

If the image on that page is a valid representation, it will look MUCH better than Viz's Blu-rays.

oxyirBE.jpg

vs
YIkX4dz.png

I also enlarged the new picture, so it can compare at Viz's size. Linked, because PNG.

http://i4.minus.com/i7FNPIPJRD7yK.png
http://i6.minus.com/iwjX57vjirR7Q.png

Viz, publicly apologize and cancel Sailor Moon for Blu-Ray or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Nah, Viz will continue to sell its vastly inferior product to people that don't know or don't care that they're being screwed over hard. And they'll continue to say how much love and care they put into it and how it's the best possible result.

Ayumi

Nah, Viz will continue to sell its vastly inferior product to people that don't know or don't care that they're being screwed over hard. And they'll continue to say how much love and care they put into it and how it's the best possible result.

Well, it's not like VIZ knows better either.

Cheerilee

Guess I should hunt those Japanese DVDs or Italian ones if I ever have the income for it.
(at least the dub is good for the Viz releases?)

I would wait two months before making a decision. They just announced that an "HD remaster" is going to be airing on Japanese TV in two months, and there's a chance that it's a real HD remaster, because Toei magically found that film which Viz said didn't exist.

There's also a chance that Toei is trolling us and they're going to air Viz's shitty upscale.

Top Bottom