• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is there still the option to enable or disable v-sync on the 360 version like SR3 ? because if the giantbomb guys were put off by the frame rate, you can always trade it in for a little more tearing :p

yatesl

On topic: How awkward is Steam with redeeming foreign Steam codes? I can get Saint's Row IV for £28 on Amazon.com, but that'll obviously give me American codes (for a UK account).

I assume they're universal, but then there's the case of it being released on Tuesday in America, and Friday in England...

Edit: Bought it, but I'm getting a "Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled." Anyone want to buy it from me...? :(

winstano

You get betrayed by your VP(Keith David) and when you go into the simulation to save him he is fighting with Roddy Piper. Reenacting the scene from They Live. When you finally emerge from the simulation in the final assault on Zinyak you acquire a power suit that gives you powers in the real world it starts to play You got the touch. Theres a multitude of other references but I let you see them for yourself. I mean the beginning of the Game is a cool conan reference.

I for one am enjoying it thus far.

That first bit you mention is the bit I'm stunned hasn't leaked. Loved it.

I nearly fell out off couch the next part after the intro.
A supporter running toward the president and the brute goes this is sparta.
was fucking awesome.

DukeBobby

You get betrayed by your VP(Keith David) and when you go into the simulation to save him he is fighting with Roddy Piper. Reenacting the scene from They Live. When you finally emerge from the simulation in the final assault on Zinyak you acquire a power suit that gives you powers in the real world it starts to play You got the touch. Theres a multitude of other references but I let you see them for yourself. I mean the beginning of the Game is a cool conan reference.

I for one am enjoying it thus far.

I had no intention of buying this game, but after reading that spoiler, I might have to now.

I climbed a tower and I love the fact that the game has the dynamic music like during the scene in SR3 with Power playing when you parachute to the power. Well in SR4 I climbed the first tower and don't know if it was random but when I slammed down and completed the tower song 2 started playing. Nothing like hearing Woo Hop after you complete it. Yeah the game has its faults but the fact that it is in my opinion a thank you from volition is amazing. I for one wanna say to them that they are welcome.

Ploid 3.0

On topic: How awkward is Steam with redeeming foreign Steam codes? I can get Saint's Row IV for £28 on Amazon.com, but that'll obviously give me American codes (for a UK account).

I assume they're universal, but then there's the case of it being released on Tuesday in America, and Friday in England...

Edit: Bought it, but I'm getting a "Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled." Anyone want to buy it from me...? :(

Chat with Amazon customer service. They can probably hook you up, or let you have it for free, or hook you up and let you have it for free. Those are the worst case scenarios from my experience. It can't hurt to talk with them.

Have you tried using a VPN? That's what I've done with foreign codes in the past when getting that error.

nateeasy

Banned
My gamestop is doing a midnight opening for this. Do gamestops usually have giveaways and stuff at midnight openings? Trying to decide If I want to go to it.

My gamestop is doing a midnight opening for this. Do gamestops usually have giveaways and stuff at midnight openings? Trying to decide If I want to go to it.

Not in my experience. You basically just wait in line until 12:01 and then they let you check out.

Spazznid

at usually an hour or so after they normally close, they give tickets/numbers to people in line in the order they are waiting. Then they say go away till 12, and at 12 they call in the numbers/tickets a few at a time in order, so first in line is still first in line. Giveaways and events are decided usually by the fellows working at the gamestop, so usually no, unless you have some nice people there.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Anybody else thinking of bailing out due to all the not-so-awesome reviews?

Eh were you even a fan of either of the last two games in the series? Because they both reviewed lower than that. So unless your entirely new and interested you shouldn't be having any issue with the meta critic score unless you have a a particular reviewer who generally lines up with your tastes and didn't like it then fair enough.

But this sort of game was never going into the 90's in metacritic, not cinematic enough or entirely gameplay driven without potentially offensive peripheral stuff. The games just not built that way and will likely be divisive..

Ploid 3.0

Amazon was $39.99 for me, and I got the Steam key and have it preloaded on my PC already.

When I checked the game out it applied a promotion to it that took $5 off. I don't think I had any saved promotions so I think it was just for SR4.

I climbed a tower and I love the fact that the game has the dynamic music like during the scene in SR3 with Power playing when you parachute to the power. Well in SR4 I climbed the first tower and don't know if it was random but when I slammed down and completed the tower song 2 started playing. Nothing like hearing Woo Hop after you complete it. Yeah the game has its faults but the fact that it is in my opinion a thank you from volition is amazing. I for one wanna say to them that they are welcome.

Me and my girl where speculating that the reason so many 80's tracks are in the game is because the rights for said music is cheaper. Even still, some of the stuff is amazingly thought out.

Well, if anyone in Central Illinois is in or willing to drive to Champaign, we'll (Volition) be at the Gamestop on Prospect for their midnight launch signing stuff and whatnot.

Glad that the people that have received it already seem to be enjoying themselves.

Mononoke

Banned
Amazon was $39.99 for me, and I got the Steam key and have it preloaded on my PC already.

When I checked the game out it applied a promotion to it that took $5 off. I don't think I had any saved promotions so I think it was just for SR4.

Ugh. Wish I would have done this instead of GMG. =/

Ploid 3.0

Well, if anyone in Central Illinois is in or willing to drive to Champaign, we'll (Volition) be at the Gamestop on Prospect for their midnight launch signing stuff and whatnot.

Glad that the people that have received it already seem to be enjoying themselves.

I'm not even close. Sound like it will be a good time over there. I wonder if people will be dressed up.

did anyone order the LE with the Dubstep gun? lol

Ummm, maybe me :p I had to get a PS3 version - which I'll just trade back for one of my other pre-orders, as you already know that I'm getting the US version :p

On a side note, I haven't played any of the other saints - I played a little of 3, but haven't progressed far - I wonder if I should still play it. IV to me looks awesome because it's like a super version of crackdown - and I'm hearing good things.

Top Bottom