• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Sober

Yeah, I am the worst, any tips for Insurance Fraud other than get in the zone, build up adrenaline and bounce off cars? I know it's like a fan favourite or something but I am just completely shitty at it and just hitting bronze is usually already down to the timer for me, even back in SR3 (my first SR).

Dawg

Yeah, I am the worst, any tips for Insurance Fraud other than get in the zone, build up adrenaline and bounce off cars? I know it's like a fan favourite or something but I am just completely shitty at it and just hitting bronze is usually already down to the timer for me, even back in SR3 (my first SR).

I just use superspeed and click the mouse right when I hit a car. This makes my character bounce waaaaay high and every car I hit after that gets me a lot of money.

When done, correctly... this happens:

2013-08-20_00006zeypk.jpg

Don't forget its not just cars that give you money (although they give you the most). Do a super jump, hit the trigger (or mouse, depending on your control input) to initiate ragdoll, and just move your character into buildings and cars. Don't forget you have control over some of the movement of the character throughout the whole ragdoll sequence. Use it to bounce off the street in a straight line and build up speed to slam into cars.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thought the Nolan North voice option would be a novelty, but it's the only way to play as far as I'm concerned.

A couple hours in, jumping around and wondering what guns and cars are for. Speed running into hand-to-hand kill animation = the best. Can't wait to get back to it.

I usually use the Cockney accent, but had to go with The North.

Wonder how different it is from the others. There was a moment (in the beginning, going to the giant Artillery Gun), North/Boss says something like "I'm just an actor" which makes me wonder if that's a 4th wall moment.

Welp it looks like good instruction booklets will be the exception going into next gen:(

Used to love coming home with a new game and flipping through the booklet.

A couple hours in, jumping around and wondering what guns and cars are for. Speed running into hand-to-hand kill animation = the best. Can't wait to get back to it.

Yeah, after doing a couple of them as boring gunfights, I realized last night that the best way to clear those alien strongholds was just to dash around and use melee grab kills to take each alien out one-by-one. Kinda took the challenge out of it, but it was still damn fun.

I can see all the Crackdown comparisons people are making with this game, but so far, it seems like this game cribs a whole lot more from Prototype, to the point of flirting dangerously close to plagiarism in some instances. The upgrades I unlocked in the few hours I played last night (running up walls, gliding, doing dashes/double dashes in midair) are all straight out of Prototype. Not to mention side activities that have bronze, silver, and gold tier levels of success. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game so far, but to me, it seems very noticeable.

Wonder how different it is from the others. There was a moment (in the beginning, going to the giant Artillery Gun), North/Boss says something like "I'm just an actor" which makes me wonder if that's a 4th wall moment.

Nobody but Troy Baker is the leader of the Saints, to me. Any other voice just feels wrong lol.

Speaking of the bronze, silver, and gold activity completion tiers, is bronze good enough to count towards the completion rate? I assume silver and gold simply award the player with more cache?

Yes, it is. They said Nolan would be self-referential (some of his taunts and compliments even have him say, "I'm Nolan!"), and that's why it isn't labeled as Male Voice 4, but as Nolan North.

avelle

Neo Member
Go into Nvidia Inspector and use the SLI profile from Saint's Row The Third. They use the same engine so they should work... in theory. I won't be able to test til I get home tonight and have my 2nd GTX 760 ready to install. Plus I need to find an SLI bridge somewhere...

Hey thanks, I was able to get it working. I had the same thought last night but it was super late and I think I failed to copy over all the settings so this time I opened up Nvidia Inspector and added the SR4 game to the SR3 profile and both 580s are working and the game is running smooth as butter.

No Love

Banned

Nolan's voice has specific 4th wall breaks written into the script. In addition to the "I'm just an actor" line, when told to "Just be yourself" (or something along those lines), he replies "You mean myself, Nolan?" LOL

Hey thanks, I was able to get it working. I had the same thought last night but it was super late and I think I failed to copy over all the settings so this time I opened up Nvidia Inspector and added the SR4 game to the SR3 profile and both 580s are working and the game is running smooth as butter.

No problem! Now add in some downsampling and enjoy the game. :)

Sober

Haven't gotten to far into the game (just finished I guess the intro and got ice blast) but is it me or are the stores missing some clothes? Or do I have to hop across to the west end of the map. The Inauguration Station had something like a basic t-shirt but I can't seem to find it at any Planet Zin/Nobody Likes Me/Let's Play Pretend just yet.

notworksafe

Is anyone else having issues with ATI cards? I've got a 6870 and a good PC otherwise (Phenom II X4 3.0 Quad Core, 8GB RAM) but I can't get this game to run at above 40FPS even on low with all the settings turned off. My drivers were up to date and I even tried the beta Catalyst and it helped but only a tiny amount.

Is anyone else having issues with ATI cards? I've got a 6870 (Phenom II X4 3.0 Quad Core, 8GB RAM) and a good PC otherwise but I can't get this game to run at above 40FPS even on low with all the settings turned off. My drivers were up to date and I even tried the beta Catalyst and it helped but only a tiny amount.

I'm having no issues with my card at all. I'm getting 40-45 FPS on ultra with no serious drops.

Dead

well not really...yet
the slight pause every time the game autosaves when you pick up clusters really kind of ruin the flow :(

Hope that is fixed with a patch...

Ok. I had no reason at all to buy this game... but now I think I will buy this game. It seems too ludicrous to pass up. Wasn't a huge fan of the other SR games, but this one looks zany-fun. How's the PS3 version?

Okay, they're just throwing in more references than I can handle. As an film enthusiast, there was more than like 5 references in a 10 minute period than my mind could handle.

Dawg

That NeoGAF poster who works at Volition did not lie, the game has a lot of moments where the music perfectly fits the situation.

Aerosmith rocket scene and What Is Love spaceship scene come to mind

Fletcher

anyone else having problems with the game not starting up on steam? it says its running but crashing to desktop. ran smooth last night.

Sober

Wow I am a giant baby, had to turn combat difficulty back to normal. I must've died like 5 times trying to do the diversion/flush system side mission I got. Holy fuck those toilets are tough as hell.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Troy Baker is good, but Laura Bailey is the leader of the Saints for me.
High five!

Laura Bailey's voice was the only one i liked to be honest, i find male models and all the other voices to be not likable, so a female with Laura Bailey's voice was the only real choice to me.

GamerSoul

I'm loving this game, there's so much shit to do! lolol insurance fraud us ridiculous, I was cartwheeling on the highway for a minute straight. there's a few little issues but so far its been great.

Mononoke

Banned
Restarting my steam fixed the executable error.

Is it just me, or are the graphics in this game really rough compared to SR3?

I have everything set to max and it just doesn't look polished. Super blurry textures, AA doesn't seem to work well (if at all -- I'm getting white outlines around characters when they move), etc.

Was going to say, the textures are really muddy on the PC version. Everything is maxed out of course. Was wondering if this was a case where the resolution of the textures wasn't being saved properly in the settings, or if the textures really look that bad. =/

Hmmmm.

Going through my display setting txt now, and there seems to be some contradictions to the in game settings and the actual settings. Interestingly, what is this?

# TextureDetailLevel toggles the use of high res textures. Currently ignored.
TextureDetailLevel = 0

Top Bottom