• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

pahamrick

Browsed through the thread, and didn't see any mention so apologies if I missed it.

Anyone with similar specs to mine (i7 920, currently O/C'd to 3.67) and HD5870 crossfire have any comments on performance?

Wow. This game. Incredible. Played for three hours straight, but now I need some sleep.

I foresee many, many hours with this wonderful game.

Damn, this game so good. Totally scratches the Crackdown itch too.

"Okay, I'll go to next mission way point. Oh wate, a data cluster, I'll get that right quick. Oh, there's another. And another. And another And another..."

Salsa

need more performance reports, wanna know if im the odd one out or NoLoveForFailWheelDrive is

again im with:

GTX680 2GB
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz
8 gigs of RAM
2040x1152
everything on Ultra, AAx8

it runs fine, but its not buttery 60fps, specially not when speeding through the city with shit going down. Drops go to 52 and such

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it looks like the international keys from Nuuvem won't be available till next Friday:
I'm not going to complain considering it's half price and these guys are going out of their way to provide a solution and they've been communicating pretty well about it.

NIN90

So it's still not unlocked when I connect through Spotflux (says it unlocks on the 23rd on the Store page aswell). There's no way around this, right?

EDIT: Now it's working :O!

RustyRobot

Neo Member
Yeah, it's a nice game so far. But I miss some cool effects when you make these high jumps and then land on the ground. It should crack or something.
I jump like 50 meters high and land on a car and the car doesn't even go an inch down.
Lack of polish imho.

Would be much appreciated to see the PS3 impressions as they roll in, still on the fence - considering the reported issues.

I had some awful things to say last page.

Waiting till I get to the superpowers, but right now I just keep wondering if SR3 was really this ugly with this much screen tearing. Like, I'm considering putting SR3 in just to compare, it's that distracting.

If PC is an option, don't hesitate.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Crackdown movement was way more satisfying for me so far. But I haven't maxed everything out so I will withhold final opinions. Game is ok so far.

Drazgul

Crackdown movement was way more satisfying for me so far. But I haven't maxed everything out so I will withhold final opinions. Game is ok so far.

Is it available instantly, then? No point driving around with cars anymore? Is car modding scrapped as well?

Xyrmellon

I am so aggravated right now. Got off work at 1 AM, go to Walmart 1 mile from home..

"Saints Row? Oh, that's the one we didn't get for some reason"...

Drive to another Walmart 20 minutes away...ask for game, guy goes in back...15 minutes later..

"Sorry buddy, I can't find it"..

Gvaz

Banned
I just learned this has DX10 as a minimum and not DX9.

My HD4890 is not a good dx10 card at 1080p. It's ok at dx10 if you're on 720p.

Milamber

I am so aggravated right now. Got off work at 1 AM, go to Walmart 1 mile from home..

"Saints Row? Oh, that's the one we didn't get for some reason"...

Drive to another Walmart 20 minutes away...ask for game, guy goes in back...15 minutes later..

"Sorry buddy, I can't find it"..

"Did you Pre-order it? Should've pre-ordered it, dude."

GamerSoul

the weirder thing is that when I get into a car there's no sound to that animation

like I break through glass and hear nothin

they might be able to add those little things in small updates.

So far im just exploring and running around, it's so much fun. And getting headshots with the pistol is VERY satisfying imo.

ALso, I haven't been able to carry over my characters but I think that's because I saved them in a different device compared to where my SR4 save is. I'll need to check that out again.

Mesoian

need more performance reports, wanna know if im the odd one out or NoLoveForFailWheelDrive is

again im with:

GTX680 2GB
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz
8 gigs of RAM
2040x1152

it runs fine, but its not buttery 60fps, specially not when speeding through the city with shit going down. Drops go to 52 and such

Same. My rig is comparable to yours and it does the same. Still fine, but not solid 60 all the time.

Salsa

I just learned this has DX10 as a minimum and not DX9.

My HD4890 is not a good dx10 card at 1080p. It's ok at dx10 if you're on 720p.

honestly the engine seems fairly improved. Lighting is much better. Its clearly not a looker but the added effects make it look considerably better than Saints Row The Third

Same. My rig is comparable to yours and it does the same. Still fine, but not solid 60 all the time.

thanks, that's reassuring

also card running at 80°c with this (stock fan with no custom profile)

hawtness

Gvaz

Banned
I need to replace my card soon or something. I use a custom profile now for my fan to keep it cold but 80C is this card's "safe" limit. Playing Metro LL in DX10, DS3, or SR3 in DX10 makes this card flash red and blue spots all over the fucking place at 70C~.

I don't have the money for this shit.

Salsa

also I think the in-game Vsync might be borked. It gets stuttery even when FRAPS shows 60. Every time that happened forcing Vsync through drivers or D3Doverrider fixed it but apparently neither work with SRIV.

AlStrong

Is anyone else getting this? this is just a small area, it's happening quite a lot on all objects/characters when they move around.

That's a symptom of how their rendering engine handles lighting & transparencies & MSAA IIRC. Can you check if there is a difference with MSAA off?

edit: Anyways, the way they handle lighting & main scene rendering isn't particularly straightforward, and they did have a solution to fix up those lighting errors (since RF:A), so it may just be a bug on nV's side. Or maybe they've done other tweaking in the engine that accidentally broke something. *shrug*

Salsa

I need to replace my card soon or something. I use a custom profile now for my fan to keep it cold but 80C is this card's "safe" limit. Playing Metro LL in DX10, DS3, or SR3 in DX10 makes this card flash red and blue spots all over the fucking place at 70C~.

I don't have the money for this shit.

what card is it?

6xx series and forward should be fine under 98°C or so, they're built to get hotter

Addnan

again im with:

GTX680 2GB
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz
8 gigs of RAM
2040x1152

Bring some of the Ultra down to high or whatever the next level is. Most of the time ultra is just pointless and adds very little, but has a big performance hit. My game hasn't unlocked yet so I can't see, but pretty much all games are like that.

also I think the in-game Vsync might be borked. It gets stuttery even when FRAPS shows 60. Every time that happened forcing Vsync through drivers or D3Doverrider fixed it but apparently neither work with SRIV.
On my brother's computer with a Nvidia 680MX GPU, forcing VSync from the driver worked fine. We also turned the in-game VSync off.

Kabuto

ib2lKQo0Ivy6wI.PNG

yay

NIN90

Is there any way for me to unlock this game on Steam and play it today even though I'm in the UK?

Yes, use a VPN. I used Spotflux myself.
What you want to do is:
1. Put Steam into offline mode
2. Turn on VPN
3. Go online with Steam and unlock the game (and maybe start the game once to be safe)
4. Turn on offline mode and turn off VPN

Yoiu'll need to stay in offline mode to play the game, though.

GamerSoul

YES. I got the download function to work. It was freezing my 360 every attempt. It was probably because I had too many characters queue'd up. I deleted some and it worked.

Cronen

Yes, use a VPN. I used Spotflux myself.
What you want to do is:
1. Put Steam into offline mode
2. Turn on VPN
3. Go online with Steam and unlock the game (and maybe start the game once to be safe)
4. Turn on offline mode and turn off VPN

Yoiu'll need to stay in offline mode to play the game, though.

If I were to then go back online the game would re-lock itself yes? Could I then say, use the VPN and offline mode to play it some more?

Browsed through the thread, and didn't see any mention so apologies if I missed it.

Anyone with similar specs to mine (i7 920, currently O/C'd to 3.67) and HD5870 crossfire have any comments on performance?

I have an i7-920 OC'd to 4Ghz and a 680 and I get a constant 60 fps. Take that for what it is. .

NIN90

If I were to then go back online the game would re-lock itself yes? Could I then say, use the VPN and offline mode to play it some more?

That's how it used to work, yes. I'm not sure if they changed it by now. Last time I did this was with Borderlands 2.

Top Bottom