• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

I had some awful things to say last page.

Waiting till I get to the superpowers, but right now I just keep wondering if SR3 was really this ugly with this much screen tearing. Like, I'm considering putting SR3 in just to compare, it's that distracting.

If PC is an option, don't hesitate.

Thats really depressing to hear.... unfortunately, moving into a new flat meant no room for a desktop....

Shahadan

Yes, use a VPN. I used Spotflux myself.
What you want to do is:
1. Put Steam into offline mode
2. Turn on VPN
3. Go online with Steam and unlock the game (and maybe start the game once to be safe)
4. Turn on offline mode and turn off VPN

Yoiu'll need to stay in offline mode to play the game, though.

So if a friend use a vpn to unlock his key, he can't play co op with me? Even if he waits for the EU release?

Salsa

Bring some of the Ultra down to high or whatever the next level is. Most of the time ultra is just pointless and adds very little, but has a big performance hit. My game hasn't unlocked yet so I can't see, but pretty much all games are like that.

not much of a performance difference between settings tbh

I think we need new drivers or a patch

On my brother's computer with a Nvidia 680MX GPU, forcing VSync from the driver worked fine. We also turned the in-game VSync off.

:/ weird

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If I were to then go back online the game would re-lock itself yes? Could I then say, use the VPN and offline mode to play it some more?

That's how it used to work, yes. I'm not sure if they changed it by now. Last time I did this was with Borderlands 2.

With Borderlands 2 and a few others, I've been able to turn off the VPN once in-game and continue playing online on my regular connection without being booted back to Steam. Seems to depend on how games authenticate once you're past the Steam-gate so-to-speak. No idea if it'll work for SR4 (yet).

sonicmj1

I got mine in the order confirmation email they sent me right after I purchased the game.

I had nothing in my confirmation email. I got another email a few hours after my prepurchase that had the preorder DLC, but it didn't have a code for the base game.

Weird.

Savitar

Playing on Ultra and having a good time of it, occasionally there will be these pauses but I got faith they will iron those out. The start of the game I felt was weaker than the previous game but when you get your super powers the game really does open up. Granted it does make vehicles and some other stuff feel a bit less needed in the end.

I'm not going to complain considering it's half price and these guys are going out of their way to provide a solution and they've been communicating pretty well about it.

Yeah, I'm happy to wait as well given the UK prices despite this being the game I'm most hyped for this year. I'm sure they'd still be happy to refund you if you really want to buy it for day one, the customer support has been really on the ball so far.

If I buy a US key through the US version of greenmangaming in the UK and use a VPN to unlock the game, will it stay unlocked?

As long as you keep Steam in offline mode after you've downloaded and started it at least once, yes it will stay unlocked until your countries official release. After your countriofficial release it won't matter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No fake commercials? Why? It's like the world itself has lost all character. Which I guess was the intention? I don't know.

Classical station's awesome though.

Dawg

There's nothing better than punching aliens with super speed while safety dance is playing.

I really love being able to listen to music outside your car. I haven't yet found how to disable it though :p

Syril

Is this supposed to be playable right now? I started the preload last night and it got stuck at 47.9% complete, but it has the PLAY button working, but it gives me a "Failed to start game (missing excecutable)" error. I did the whole verify integrity of game cache too.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
X9LLCku.png

My body is ready.

styl3s

Played for about an hour last night and kind of bummed at how it runs shittier than SR3 since it doesn't really look that much better. It's not a huge deal, i get 45-50fps on no AA, low lighting/shadows but on SR3 i play with almost everything maxed out and never dip under 60. Maybe i have a setting wrong thats bogging it down and will play around later, i just fear that the 45-50 i am getting now is gonna plummet to like 20 when i get my powers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Played a few hours. Other than weapon skins and the fact that it runs a little faster(PC port), this feels like a step down from 3. Or ... a step sideways with an attempt to do things that other games already do better. Also, feels like a lot of busy work missions instead of unique ones, even for the story mode.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man, I've been playing this for hours all night...I just couldn't stop playing, messing around in the city with the powers, and taking over certain areas. Haven't done a lot of the missions yet, but I was just enjoying myself too much to stop playing. My eyes are probably like a zombie right now, lol 730 am

TxdoHawk

Watched the game unlock on Steam last night, launched it to make sure it ran, hit "Quit to desktop", went back to sleep.

I envy you guys who can just stay up all night playing with little to no consequences. Pesky responsibilities...

Laws00

Not going to lie, I think I could rock that a
pleasant day
mission outfit real life. I wonder if that's a vest, sweater or a cardigan he's wearing.

avelle

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked before but is anyone else having issues with SLI not working? I'm thinking there isn't a SLI profile provided by Nvidia yet as I don't see anything in the beta driver notes that indicate they have added anything.

Addnan

Runs really well so far, just over an hour in. Everything set to the highest, can't say I have seen it dip below 60fps. 3570K @4.5, GTX 770.

Keasar

Why is there a Notice that says the release is on the 23rd?

Why has we, the cradle of modern civilization, been abandoned?

Why?

Steam Europe lies. :(

I can't tell what's funnier:
The Starfox reference during the escape of the massive Zin ship or the old 50s throwback where The Boss just acts so....not himself.

Kolgar

GLORIOUS! This kind of silliness is what I love best about video games.

For anyone still rocking a laptop with an i7-720QM (1.6 GHz) and an nVidia GT 330m, I think you're good to go. I'm playing on Medium-ish with a frame rate that's at least as good as The Third was on Xbox 360.

Haven't got super powers yet, so maybe have to adjust. But for now, loving the game and very happy I impulse-purchased for PC an hour before midnight last night.

Long live the Saints!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not going to lie, I think I could rock that a
pleasant day
mission outfit real life. I wonder if that's a vest, sweater or a cardigan he's wearing.

ALL OF THEM AT ONCE

Maybe I just caught the station at the right moment, but The Touch started on the radio not 30 seconds after getting Super Jump for the 1st time. Was an "AHH YISSSSS" moment.

noomi

So is there any actual ultra settings? I have everything on high, seems the only thing ultra does is add change MSAA to 8x.

Am I missing something?

*edit*

would someone be kind enough to post their ultra settings please ;)

AkuMifune

Banned
Thought the Nolan North voice option would be a novelty, but it's the only way to play as far as I'm concerned.

A couple hours in, jumping around and wondering what guns and cars are for. Speed running into hand-to-hand kill animation = the best. Can't wait to get back to it.

No Love

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before but is anyone else having issues with SLI not working? I'm thinking there isn't a SLI profile provided by Nvidia yet as I don't see anything in the beta driver notes that indicate they have added anything.

Go into Nvidia Inspector and use the SLI profile from Saint's Row The Third. They use the same engine so they should work... in theory. I won't be able to test til I get home tonight and have my 2nd GTX 760 ready to install. Plus I need to find an SLI bridge somewhere...

Top Bottom