• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Principate

Saint Titanfall
There are a handful of moments that come close to the opening, but definitely nothing that tops it.

Eh I found the majority of the game non crappy side quest included better than it. It was decent but I prefer exploring with super powers more than QTE fests. Though the president section was awesome.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thanks. I liked the look of Noir from the screenshot but when I went to use it in-game it made everything black and white. I went with Reunited.

I looked into it and apparently it depends on if you have Post Processing on or not. Whether its on or not causes a HUGE difference in the visuals.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This is good news if I can do things at my own pace. I'm usually just not in the mood for some of these even though many activities are better than 3. I actually really enjoy several of the activities (Fraud and Mayhem are great), but after the 9th Virus Injection or Blazin, I'm ready to stop.

Yeah, you can start a side quest and then once you get the list of what needs to be done on the quest screen choose to switch to something else if you don't want to do those particular activities at the time.

sunnz

It's probably going to feel weird and disappointing when I play GTA V next month and have zero super powers. I'll actually have to use vehicles again...

Difference is vehicles will be actually fun to drive in that game ( if IV/ previous GTA games are anything to go by)

Having these super powers are cool and fun but I would still take high quality physics over it though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

GIF of the end part:

sr4k0zv5.gif

I think it was just an issue with Radeon cards mostly - I believe people with AMD CPUs with Nvidia cards were fine with SR3. Which was amusing given the AMD logo in one of the splash screens.

well, changing the graphical settings has no effect on the framerate, so I guessed that it was a processing power issue (even though the 8320 should be enough for 60fps)

foladar

There are a handful of moments that come close to the opening, but definitely nothing that tops it.

I feel this way too. Similar to the Power scene in SR3, nothing really lives up to that further in the game, and the side missions are lame at best (outside of the loyalty ones). A solid game, but definitely better on PC.

I just want everyone to know that earlier, I kicked an alien in the balls while listening to the first chapter of Pride and Prejudice on the radio.

NIN90

Just finished the game with all side stuff done (only a few collectibles and challenges remaining). Some of the stuff that happens in this game... holy shit.

Nokterian

GIF of the end part:

sr4k0zv5.gif

Brilliant! Man when i heard "you got the touch". They nailed it with the soundtrack i love it those super powers ah man,what have i been doing? Orb..uh clustere hunting! 1255 of them are there and i will find them all,just like crackdown. Oh boy that crackdown addiction is back for sure!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey guys, I just made this mod that lets you control a giant mech suit in the open world. It's significantly larger than the normal one.

giant_mech_mod_by_alo81-d6jeo0s.gif

Full video here

Download

Just place the xtbl files in the root of the games install (the folder with the games .exe file) and you're golden.

Im going to sound like a heathen for this but....

This game Is more fun when you use superpowers sparingly. I try to always play as normal as possible until im really close to being killed. With the increase enemy counts and crazy shit going on, this really makes the game a good challenge.

Holy fuck at some of these missions. Voiltion knocked it out the park with the fan service

Saints of rage
Needs to be spun off into a larger DLC.

The super sprint is basically my dream character speedester game. I hope someone mods some more interesting tracks into the game. Most fun ive had since sonic unleashed.
Speed rifts would have been amazing if they weren't automatic runners. Just having to hold down the sprint button down would of made them infinitely more interesting.

So far one of my personal GOTYs.

I don't really agree with the message, but this gif is incredible
Its easily better than Bioshock at least.

Hey guys, I just made this mod that lets you control a giant mech suit in the open world. It's significantly larger than the normal one.

Full video here

Download

Just place the xtbl files in the root of the games install (the folder with the games .exe file) and you're golden.

How easy would it be to mod the speed powers/ Create new speed run areas? I really think this game can be the base of an amazing Flash mod.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How easy would it be to mod the speed powers/ Create new speed run areas? I really think this game can be the base of an amazing Flash mod.

I haven't done anything with the speed running challenges, but I don't think it would be easy with the current tools. Maybe after the SDK is released.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
I think I had significantly more laughs in this game than Saints Row 3. The game got me to say out loud, "Oh FUCK YOU" in response to how great some of their queues are.

In particular during the last mission of the game.
When You've got the Touch came on and I unintentionally sang, "You got the Power (Armor)!". Then I realized how they set me up and had such a huge grin on my face.

Ploid 3.0

http

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQ7TfMk0fs]Full video here[/url]

[url=https://mega.co.nz/#!GNl0BbjD!fuiBlza6uhy44ioWK-fLnTjtLxxFWIcSzd2AxkK4lJ0]Download[/url]

Just place the xtbl files in the root of the games install (the folder with the games .exe file) and you're golden.[/QUOTE]

Ohh oh ooooh my gawd. THANKS!

Edit: I just noticed your name, you did the 1 call for all homies to show up mod too. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Good stuff!

dubq

Want to play this so BADLY but the audio issues are too disturbing. Will wait for a patch before I continue. Blacklist here I come.

Which audio issues? Is it the volume levels? I'm noticing that some voices are way too loud and others way too quiet. Same with some of the radio stations.

Its easily better than Bioshock at least.

I actually liked the combat in BI, but yeah, I was actually just thinking this. The thing that's really sad in a way is that I think the dialog and characterization might even be better in this. The main missions aren't all fantastic gameplay-wise (most are), but as a successful realization of gaming parody, this has raised the bar. I guess what I'm saying is, it accomplishes what it sets out to do far better than BI did.

It's not better than TLoU though, and GTAV isn't out yet :p

Which audio issues? Is it the volume levels? I'm noticing that some voices are way too loud and others way too quiet. Same with some of the radio stations.

No car sounds etc. But as I stated above, I managed to fix it by not skipping the startup videos!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ohh oh ooooh my gawd. THANKS!

Edit: I just noticed your name, you did the 1 call for all homies to show up mod too. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Good stuff!

Yep, that was me! I barely consider that a mod though. You just add them all onto a list and it works.

I put a lot more work into this one. Had to modify cameras, edit guns properties, configure the actual mech attributes like how fast he moves and making him fly at really high speeds.

I've also done some Saints Row The Third stuff that is really, really fun.

You can see the SRTT video here.

So...,fans of Crackdown. Is this scratching your CD itch? How's the platforming? At all comparable to that in Crackdown?

As I said in another thread. This is more crackdown than crackdown 2.

Basically, the same way some people consider Bayonetta to basically be DMC5 with a female protagionist, SR4 is crackdown 3 with a funnier storyline and customizable agent. You even have the same massive building in the centre of the map to scale.

Because that's the RED mech, and RED mechs are only for communist nazi hippie ZIN lovers! True American patriots like the Saints only have BLUE mechs!

Full video here

Download

What ana amazing thing, I also said OMG loud with the video of the multiple air strike video in the third :O
Cant wait to see more of this.

How hard would be putting The Third radio stations into IV or even your own muisc as a radio station?

bryanee

I have a problem when it comes to side quests and it seems to be because I climbed all the towers beforehand so on the Kenzie and Keith David side missions that you get off of them when ever I get the Clear Out the Zin Troops obejective there are no Zin to kill. Every other objective is crossed off including the Ascend the Tower ones which are last on the list.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a way to fix it? I've tired rebooting the game with no luck.

Can't finish the game because it gets stuck loading during (I assume) one of the final missions. Such a bummer. Seems like a pretty common problem, at the exact same point in the game
upon trying to enter the office during The Girl Who Hates the 50s
on both console and PC. I've pretty much done everything else I plan on doing in the game already, so this is a pretty bad way to end it.

TheBez

My game keeps freezing during the intro cinematic, right after the Saint's drop down the hole and the visor is supposed to turn on. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Sats

Banned
Just started the game and I have a really bad problem where the sound comes a few seconds behind all the visuals, including gameplay.

How do I fix this, if I can? :/

Top Bottom