• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Tess3ract

Banned
I was playing with my friend and I was driving the car, and suddenly the car hit another one just right and we went flying into the sky and perched precariously on a bridge above us, before slowly falling down.

The fuck

benjipwns

Banned
I can't get this game to run decently at all. Does it run badly on AMD cards or something or is it just a bad port ?
Fantastic port. But I've seen AMD users having issues.

I was playing with my friend and I was driving the car, and suddenly the car hit another one just right and we went flying into the sky and perched precariously on a bridge above us, before slowly falling down.

The fuck
Just wait until you can drive into the gas tanks ala SR2 via IdolNinja's mod.

Shaneus

I can't get this game to run decently at all. Does it run badly on AMD cards or something or is it just a bad port ?
Bad port. If a game bears an "AMD: Gaming Evolved" splash screen and performs woefully on almost all but the most basic configurations for said brand, it's a bad port. When solutions involve changing the number of cores the executable uses, you know there's a problem.

I believe most nVidia users are fine, though.

Got this on the sale deciding to give it another chance after I tried it out at release and didn't care for it.

Is it ever daytime? I've only played like 2 missions but I haven't seen the sun yet.

Shaneus

I can't remember exactly whether it was my GPUs or the CPU were maxing out to cause the slowness, but it doesn't sound right that a 2500K running at 4.9GHz would be the sort of bottleneck in any kind of current game.

dokish

Banned
Bad port. If a game bears an "AMD: Gaming Evolved" splash screen and performs woefully on almost all but the most basic configurations for said brand, it's a bad port. When solutions involve changing the number of cores the executable uses, you know there's a problem.

I believe most nVidia users are fine, though.

Bad port for AMD users, then?

I have and nVidia and it runs smoothly, no problems at all, start to finish.

Riggs

Banned
Just bought the game and season pass for 17 bucks and some odd cents. Having so much fun. My dude is a fat white nerd with combat boots and a penchant for getting pussy. 1080p graphics maxd with a 360 controller on my couch. Having so much fun!!!

stabwound

Neo Member
I just noticed that the PC version of the game game is on sale (digital download) on Amazon (link here) for $10, cheaper than the Steam sale. I bought it and you get a Steam key with it too. Great deal for a pretty fun game, just thought some people might appreciate the heads up.

BTW it says US only, but it works even outside of USA if you add a fake US payment address.

Shaneus

Game runs perfect on my 7850. They said it affects mostly 5xxx and 6xxx cards.
Handy to know. Doesn't explain *why*, but it does mean I can pull back my efforts on tinkering with drivers until it improves. Despite running three GPUs, being 5xxx series (5850+5970) doesn't help my cause :/

HoosTrax

How do I permanently unlock cars to do be able to retrieve a copy anytime? Do I need to drive it into a Crib garage (doesn't work when I drive it into Rim Jobs).

HoosTrax

Ah good to know. I've lost some nice looking cars by driving them into the Rim Jobs maintenance garage and assuming they'd be saved that way.

Sagitario

How long do I have to wait to be able to retrieve again a tank|car|helicopter|volt|gang member?

Sometimes I want to call for help, but because I already used a gang member in the current playing session, the option is unavailable. I was wondering if I have to wait a particular amount of time to call them again or it's just one call per session? The same goes for notoriety wipe calls.

HoosTrax

Why is there a partially capsized container ship in the harbor near the star shaped island? (not talking about the Thermopylae wreckage)

bjork

I forgot about having Trouble with Clones until the other day, so I went back and finished that off. Is that the last DLC for sure, or does anyone think they'll spring a surprise on us in the future?

Hey You

I forgot about having Trouble with Clones until the other day, so I went back and finished that off. Is that the last DLC for sure, or does anyone think they'll spring a surprise on us in the future?

Nah, I'm sure they are full out on Saints Row 4 and inSane.

Orlandu84

I bought the game during the Steam Sale, and I have really enjoyed it! The over the top plot and game play (I love you Tank Mayhem!) have made this a really fun game to play. What has surprised me the most is how enjoyable the combat has been. By "enjoyable" you should read "full of explosions, mayhem, and absurdity" :)

Petrie

Banned
So I caved on the SR:3 Franchise pack, since I adored the game on 360. What I'm curious about though, is there some mods/content that make the PC experience even more worthwhile, or will it just be prettier and therefor I should wait a bit longer to play it again?

Reposting from the Steam thread.

HoosTrax

Is the setting pure urban like GTA IV? I like some variety a la San Andreas
Yes the setting is purely urban (downtown, slums, etc) -- no countryside like in San Andreas. There are various minigames that spices things up though, including ones that take place in a Japanese gameshow, cyberspace, and Mars, etc.

GamerSoul

I've been pretty sad since I messed up my copy of this game. I miss it so...I'm probably gonna have to fork out the money to buy it used for my 360 but it's price value is hardly going down lol.
:(

LQX

Just finished the SRTT today. Man this game blew me away. It was almost as good as GTA:SA. So damn good and I've never seen so much crazy shit in one game.

Also its addicting as hell. Clocked in at 32 hours and I have not yet redeemed the season pass.

GamerSoul

Glad you enjoyed it! Don't forget to beat the alt ending. I felt the same way after I beat it my first time, it's a crazy action packed experience full of randomness.

PC version is where is at.
It was $10 on Amazon a few days ago.

My Laptop can't handle anything lol. But yeah Amazon is what I'm going to use to repurchase it. thanks.

Got this game in the Steam sale, and I can't stop playing it. It's utterly fantastic. The first day I got it, I clocked in at just over 7 hours. And really early on, I found an Attrazione. Maxed that thing out as soon as possible.

I also have an AMD card, an XFX 6770 with 1GB GDDR5, and my card surprisingly doesn't cause me problems. It's just my lowly Pentium Dual Core that can bog the game down, or in some instances, cause it to crash.

HoosTrax

I love this game overall, but this is the first game I've played where if the 360 controller turns off due to inactivity, the game will immediately crash, every single time.

Is there any way to fix the god awful frame rate I'm getting with my 560 ti? I'm running the game at the lowest setting across the board and I get only 40 FPS max.

HoosTrax

Is there any way to fix the god awful frame rate I'm getting with my 560 ti? I'm running the game at the lowest setting across the board and I get only 40 FPS max.
Hmm that doesn't sound right. I have a 570 and I got decent framerates at 1080p by bumping it down one step below Ultra. I'm able to maintain 60fps in most cases, although some areas will still dip into the 50s.

This game sure does make my 570 run toasty though, even with the massive ASUS triple slot cooler on it. Are you sure you 560Ti isn't overheating and throttling?

Hmm that doesn't sound right. I have a 570 and I got decent framerates at 1080p by bumping it down one step below Ultra. I'm able to maintain 60fps in most cases, although some areas will still dip into the 50s.

This game sure does make my 570 run toasty though, even with the massive ASUS triple slot cooler on it. Are you sure you 560Ti isn't overheating and throttling?

Nope its sitting at 50 C with the game running. I grabbed the newest beta drivers and that helped allowing me to turn up the resolution to 1080p, but this is fucking ridiculous.

Hey You

I love this game overall, but this is the first game I've played where if the 360 controller turns off due to inactivity, the game will immediately crash, every single time.

That's weird, it never did that for me.

Are you playing on PC or 360? (I don't know if the PC version supports the game or not)

Off screen pic of my Alt-Olivia.

IMG_0015.JPG

On my 7850 and everything at high the game does not drop below 43 FPS and usually stays around 54.

Xux

Does anyone have a recording of the commercial where the guy talks about the cream resistant pants?

HoosTrax

Off screen pic of my Alt-Olivia.

IMG_0015.JPG

On my 7850 and everything at high the game does not drop below 43 FPS and usually stays around 54.
I asked about this earlier, but got no response - what's the deal with the partially capsized container vessel next to Magarac Island that you can see in the background of your image there.

Top Bottom