• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Lima

So this pack is 560 points again right? So the last pack should be 800 and have a little more content cause otherwise we season pass owners would have saved nothing.

Hey You

Beat it.

I wish the DLC missions were longer, I need more Saints Row!

It was worth the 560 MS points. I don't know if it was a glitch or intentional, but when I first started (After DL'ing the DLC), I couldn't use my garage or heliport.

Didn't go back to my crib after that, was able to use the vehicle delivery though.

I missed some of the achievements, but I can't go back and do the missions again :/ I wonder if I delete the DLC and re-download it? Or will my save affect it?

Edit: Found this post on the official Saints Row forums:
V-Singular said:
Now, one part of that patch which will make all of you happy will be the inclusion of Mission Replay for the DLC Missions. Essentially, once you've completed the DLC arc, you will have the option to replay it from the beginning again. This is to help with those players that want to earn all of the achievements, or replay it through again. Please note that this replay is ONLY for DLC Missions, and not the main game.

We hope to get the patch out ASAP, but we're waiting on some final certification before it goes live on the various platforms. Once it is ready to go live, I'll provide the list of usual patch notes, as this will also have a few other bug fixes in it as well.

:D
So this pack is 560 points again right? So the last pack should be 800 and have a little more content cause otherwise we season pass owners would have saved nothing.

Did they say they were only doing one more DLC?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Pretty much everything I love about this game was in this particular dlc. The humor was there, I believe they had new music, new characters, and the story arc was great.

But most importantly, my saint was talking in my voice throughout the adventure.

But be warned... if you play this with your maxed out character, you will blast through it. Maybe for the third dlc they should do some wizard shit and take away some of our invincibility and infinite ammo until we finish it the first time? Actually, I could see how that would be a programming and qa nightmare for what's supposed to be a little bit of dlc.

The jackhammer with the fist on the end had me laughing pretty damned hard.

Anyways, great job Volition!

iBuzz7S

Banned
Agreed, it's too short. I was able to complete it in 55 minutes, then had to go back and spend roughly 20 minutes for the final 2 achievements.

Worth 560 MS Points? Yes. Better than Genkibowl? HELL YEAH! Sad thing is that you can't replay the missions, unless you have a second save or play it on a second profile.

How about a patch to add a "no cheat" co-op filter for online co-op? Tons of people have been asking for it and it doesn't sound like it would be that hard to implement. Many want to play co-op online but when they make a game 9 times out of 10 a person with cheats enabled joins.

iBuzz7S

Banned
How about a patch to add a "no cheat" co-op filter for online co-op? Tons of people have been asking for it and it doesn't sound like it would be that hard to implement. Many want to play co-op online but when they make a game 9 times out of 10 a person with cheats enabled joins.
A lot of the complaints on the official forums get looked over. I doubt they would implement a filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5mWW-ms0i4

55 minutes of Gangstas in Space. Took me almost4 hours to upload. =[

A patch is coming to let us replay DLC missions.

I wish they'd let us replay any mission whenever we wanted, once we beat the game. Also, yeah, as others have said, the ability to disable cheats would be great. It's fun for a while being a stupid jackass that can't die, but then it grows old.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Boy I didn't like that at all.

I thought the set pieces were lame, the vehicles were lame, the weapons were lame, the humor was bad, the characters were uninteresting. Really really bad DLC.

I haven't played Genki Bowl yet, but the Gangstas From Space was just bad. Nowhere near the quality of the missions in the base game.

iBuzz7S

Banned
A patch is coming to let us replay DLC missions.
Yeah, I'd like confirmation on that.

The only update is something to do with the freezing of both add-ons. Still waiting for Microsoft to pass it and make it available.

I wish they'd let us replay any mission whenever we wanted, once we beat the game. Also, yeah, as others have said, the ability to disable cheats would be great. It's fun for a while being a stupid jackass that can't die, but then it grows old.
You can disable cheats, but it's too late. If you're playing for achievements/trophies, you have to reload the game.

As for replaying missions, I hope it happens. I really do. Not for the sake of completing a specific task, but it's actually fun. This is one thing that pissed me off about the game, when compared to SR2.

Edit.
I haven't played Genki Bowl yet, but the Gangstas From Space was just bad. Nowhere near the quality of the missions in the base game.
Then you probably won't like Genkibowl.

Edgeward

I like the set-up, locations and scenes. I didn't like any of the combat scenarios, just real dry, generic stuff. The middle part is just corridors with a bunch of enemies packed together. And the final mission is irritating because you have to stick in one spot waiting for a meter to fill up as missiles come for you. It should've been better. But it isn't. Also under an hour to complete.

Even
the gangstas in space end mission of the main game
was better put together than this

Hey You

Yeah, I'd like confirmation on that.

Posted (the quote)earlier today in this thread:

Now, one part of that patch which will make all of you happy will be the inclusion of Mission Replay for the DLC Missions. Essentially, once you've completed the DLC arc, you will have the option to replay it from the beginning again. This is to help with those players that want to earn all of the achievements, or replay it through again. Please note that this replay is ONLY for DLC Missions, and not the main game.

We hope to get the patch out ASAP, but we're waiting on some final certification before it goes live on the various platforms. Once it is ready to go live, I'll provide the list of usual patch notes, as this will also have a few other bug fixes in it as well.

I'll head over to the Official forums and grab the link.

Edit: Keep getting maintenance errors on the Saints Row forums, I'll post the link tomorrow morning if someone else hasn't been able to get to it.

StuBurns

Banned
How do you get the DLC on the UK PSN Store? It says not to buy it, because I have the pass, but it doesn't appear to offer it in any other way, and it's no on the in-game DLC store either.

OneLetter

How do you get the DLC on the UK PSN Store? It says not to buy it, because I have the pass, but it doesn't appear to offer it in any other way, and it's no on the in-game DLC store either.

You had to wait for PSN EU to prop all of the correct files. As of about 2 hours ago, everything should be there now.

StuBurns

Banned
Thanks, that worked. I never understood why the description of the last DLC said "don't buy here" or whatever, because when I first saw it, it was impossible to buy it anyway, I guess it's just a warning to stop people buying before Sony get everything sorted, pretty cool.

iNvid02

everything is working fine now on PC, finished gangstas in space and loved it.

this whole game is just amazing, looks great and plays even better.

ready for the clones

Hey You

Would be awesome if Volition made Free Roam (maybe 16 people?) and released it as free DLC or real cheap (500 MS points). Sucks it wasn't in the game.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Just found some trophies in the list for SR3, seems like they relate to some upcoming DLC. There was a trophy for killing x number of enemies with a weapon called the Swarmitron, for killing x number of enemies under the influence of Saints Flow, and for completing all missions in 'The Trouble with Clones...'. So, when's this coming?

Edit: Durrr, wasn't aware this had been announced a long time ago.

Hey You

Man, I just can't seem to beat Sexy Kitty Yarngasm on Medium. Sometimes I get so damn close within 2000-5000 points and time runs out. Trying my best to do combos and such :/

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
How is the framerate on the PC version? 60fps? 30fps?

PowerK

Saints Row 3 for PC is a good port.

In the display/graphic option everything maxed runs good. (DX11)
However, if you go to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third" directory, there is a display.ini file. This allows you to tweak further.

For example, from in-game display/graphic option, maximum lighting detail you can set is "HIGH". But in the display.ini file, it says...
# Lighting detail can be 1, 2, or 3 for low, high, and ultra-high.
LightingDetail = 3
You can set it to 3 for Ultra-high lighting detail. If you set this to 3 and go to in-game display/graphic option, it says "ULTRA". This halved my frame-rate though although it looked very good. Can anyone chime in and shed some light on this ? (eg. what exactly is the technical difference between high and ultra for lighting detail)

And if you add the following line in the display.ini file,
Code:
SkipIntroVideo = true
the game skips the intro vid and goes straight to main menu whenever you launch the game.

PowerK

For example, from in-game display/graphic option, maximum lighting detail you can set is "HIGH". But in the display.ini file, it says...

You can set it to 3 for Ultra-high lighting detail. If you set this to 3 and go to in-game display/graphic option, it says "ULTRA". This halved my frame-rate though although it looked very good. Can anyone chime in and shed some light on this ? (eg. what exactly is the technical difference between high and ultra for lighting detail)
Ok. According to the display.ini file:
"DDoF is incompatible with lighting details other than 3.
# If DDoF is enabled, bokeh DoF will come on automatically on DX11 level cards"

It seems it's the bokeh DoF that tanks the frame rate. It essentially halves the frame rate. If my memory serves correctly, Metro 2033 had similar behavor with my GTX580. (Advanced DoF = tanked frame rate in DX11)
I guess current gen DX11 cards (GTX5xx) aren't good enough for prime DX11 rendering.
Kepler can't come soon enough..

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of pop-in ?

Hey You

Some new achievements popped up recently :
  • B.A.M.F.
    Defeat 15 enemies at Technically Legal using only melee attacks.
  • Public Enemy #1
    Destroy 45 Police and Swat Vehicles while protecting Jimmy's car.
  • Weird Science
    Complete mission 'Weird Science'.

• Eye of the Bee-Holder
    Spray 25 rabid fans with the Swarmitron.
  • Sting Operation
    Destroy 5 Steelport Guard vehicles during mission 'Tour de Farce'.
  • Tour de Farce
    Complete mission 'Tour de Farce'.
  • Supaa-Excellent!
    Shoot down a helicopter with a Saints Flow fireball.
  • Send in the Clones
    Kill a Brute using only melee damage while under the influence of Saints Flow.
  • The Johnnyguard
    Prevent Johnny Tag from taking damage on the Magarac Bridge.
  • My Pet, Monster
    Complete all missions for "The Trouble With Clones..."

Hope this DLC drops soon.

Give me DLC with:

* Ammo drops
* A mode that turns all max Gang/Cop Aggro into wave-based horde modes so that if you decide to stop and take them all on you can win the encounter and clear your aggro.
* Space Marine Armor, jump jets and Thunder Hammer
* Heat/Four Leaf Clover Bank Heist missions.

... and you can have all my monies.

I got some points from bing rewards yesterday and bought Gangstas in Space last night. Part of me wishes I waited for Trouble with Clones instead.

Oh well here's a crappy collage of my romp
SJo8b.jpg

EYEL1NER

Well. Shit was fucked up again after downloading the new pack, just like last time.
Download Trouble with Clones and load up my save. It wanted me to do the GiS missions again but never gave me a TwC mission. So I exited and downloaded it again, then booted it up. I then had none of the dlc available, like homies from previous packs. Try it a third time and GiS is still there, but now I have the option to do TwC.

Ramma2

Clones sounds like an insta purchase with the classic nerd voice work, but I'll take some first impressions from you guys too before dropping my 560 pts.

EYEL1NER

Clones sounds like an insta purchase with the classic nerd voice work, but I'll take some first impressions from you guys too before dropping my 560 pts.

I just ran through it twice. Had to do it a second time because I missed an achievement. There are three missions and it took me about 50 mins the first time and 45 the second time.

The missions are okay. They are good enough story missions. Shooting, driving, same shit.
The final mission is the cool one, but it is also kind of a let down afterwards. You get cool powers from the Saint's Flow, but it's only for that mission. You only get two homies and a useless vehicle as reward, the powers only get used for 10 minutes or so. So I have to assume the Saint's Flow powers will be coming out in a DLC pack.

I don't know what I think. Overall I liked this and would recommend it to a Saint's Row fan (though if you thought GiS wasn't worth it, this is just as short). But now that all the season pass content is out, I'm pretty disappointed overall. A season pass that started out weak as shit and didn't even contain all the dlc coming out (why try to hype up 42 weeks or pieces or whatever number of DLC before launch and then piece it out and have a gimped season pass)?

The content we got was the best DLC they have made for a Saint's Row game, but the bar was pretty low to begin with.

I've completed the game now and had a blast with it. So hopefully THQ can stay alive long enough for us to get a SR4. Good job again Volition.

Hey You

Finished the new DLC pack in just over an hour. Not very happy with it, the missions weren't as entertaining as Gangsta's in Space.

I wish we would get DLC that doesn't take less than 2 hours to finish, give us some meaty mission DLC.

Aselith

Biggest disappointment with these packs is that they're adding vehicles and weapons but not allowing you to take them back into the main game like the UFO's and weapons in GiS.

Yaska

This indeed is the best one of the dlcs (IMO). But lack of the bee gun and saints powers after finishing the missions really sux.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, Saints' Flow power not being available after the DLC was pretty lame. Should be an available option for like 200k cash each.

I admit I was expecting a bit more out of the season pass content. I don't regret purchasing it (the season pass), but like what was said above, was expecting a wee bit more than the repeat of the genki games with one new addition (parachute diving), or missions that were basically "blow up X number of enemies while waiting for the next sequence." Especially with introducing weapons that then aren't made available for the rest of the game.

I guess I was expecting a little more aimed at potential post-story content rather than 'anytime' content, but I suppose that'd be much harder to do with the two different endings. Saints Row 2 DLC felt tied into the overall game. Saints row the third DLC just seems random.

Top Bottom