• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Edgeward

This indeed is the best one of the dlcs (IMO). But lack of the bee gun and saints powers after finishing the missions really sux.

I hope idol ninja finds a way to mod it so that it's a permanent power to choose from in the weapon wheel. The power was the part that made the DLC all the worthwhile. I would want to play the whole game again with those powers.

hahah that was the best dlc thus far. Bounced like my checks did back in the day!

But it was dissapointingly short and a real bummer that the super powers arent unlockable. Im lvl50 and have like $5mill with nothing to spend it on.

Im not sure if im feeling satisfied with my season pass purchase, really hope that wasnt all we get.

Dead Man

Base game was amazing, but the DLC has been a bit disappointing so far. Screw DLC next time Volition, just give us a bigger city with more variety, I will buy it twice instead of DLC.

Just finished the Clones DLC, terrible. I loved this game but the DLC has pretty much soured me on it. Well other than the shark gun, that's always fun to use.

Shaneus

Right now, I'd kill for some decent performance in this. AMD GPU user, still can't get a flat 60fps out of this. I struggle to think of another game where three GPUs and a 2500K isn't enough.

Although rest assured, they ARE working on a fix (according to their official forums). Never mind the fact that it's an AMD "Gaming Evolved"-endorsed game :/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally got around to playing this again. I was having a great time until this Three Way mission...it's seriously atrocious design, what a clusterfuck. I keep having to retry because Pierce gets killed. Is there much more after this? I might just drop it if it's the last mission.

edit - Rage uninstalled, but now I regret it so I'm installing again lol. I haven't been so aggravated by a game in a long time, but I'll probably just enable God mode and get it over with so Stag will fuck off and let me do other stuff.

Finally got around to playing this again. I was having a great time until this Three Way mission...it's seriously atrocious design, what a clusterfuck. I keep having to retry because Pierce gets killed. Is there much more after this? I might just drop it if it's the last mission.

edit - Rage uninstalled, but now I regret it so I'm installing again lol. I haven't been so aggravated by a game in a long time, but I'll probably just enable God mode and get it over with so Stag will fuck off and let me do other stuff.
What difficulty are you playing it on? There's some pretty amazing stuff afterwards so fight through the pain.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What difficulty are you playing it on? There's some pretty amazing stuff afterwards so fight through the pain.

Just normal. This is the only part of the game I've had any difficulty with. I made it to the second battlezone with the dude in the tank, but I didn't have any heavy weapons to use against him and his super lazers would either kill me or one of my homies in a couple hits. It's a bitch because the checkpoint is set before the 6000ft drive to the battlezone, so it takes forever to get up to that part.

Now I'm waiting like an idiot for it to reinstall, I could have beaten it by now. I would just ignore it and do activities but the constant attacks from Stag are annoying :(. Oh well, switching to easy or cheats will do the trick.

Just normal. This is the only part of the game I've had any difficulty with. I made it to the second battlezone with the dude in the tank, but I didn't have any heavy weapons to use against him and his super lazers would either kill me or one of my homies in a couple hits. It's a bitch because the checkpoint is set before the 6000ft drive to the battlezone, so it takes forever to get up to that part.

Now I'm waiting like an idiot for it to reinstall, I could have beaten it by now. I would just ignore it and do activities but the constant attacks from Stag are annoying :(. Oh well, switching to easy or cheats will do the trick.
Good luck duder, it'll be worth it. Unfortunately it's been quite some time since I played that part so I have no advice to give.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the game. Conclusion: I want to fuck Shaundi.

Marco1

I bought this as a bargain on the 360 and I am trying to like it but for me it pales in comparison to GTA so much.
It started great in the bank robbery but the car and bike controls suck so much.
I am sure it gets better but I think I'll pass and wait for GTA5.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Oh see I thought she was way hotter in SR2.

Just google image search 'shaundi saints row playboy' and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Talking about Shaundi..

Shaundi_is_a_whore_close_up.jpg

WTF :lol

MMaRsu

I bought this as a bargain on the 360 and I am trying to like it but for me it pales in comparison to GTA so much.
It started great in the bank robbery but the car and bike controls suck so much.
I am sure it gets better but I think I'll pass and wait for GTA5.

Lol wtf sucks about the driving controls? They are responsive, just enough arcade feeling etc.. This isnt "serious business GTAIV with boat cars".

Also goddamnit Volition, how about some free fucking DLC or something? A few outfits here and there? Some goodwill for the fans?

I havent bought a single DLC pack for Saints Row 3, sadly I dont see any free DLC coming like for SR1 ( Unkut clothing? Remember? ). Sucks.

Lingitiz

Is there known performance issues with this game? I'm running 720p maxed out and the framerate is fine until I start driving. It constantly dips below 30 and sometimes gets into single digits.

Amd Athlon X3 455
460 GTX 1GB Superclocked

butsomuch

http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1691304&highlight=
The Dominatrix Has You. THQ Confirms Development of Saints Row: The Third – Enter The Dominatrix
All science, just a little fiction. Seriously.

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 3, 2012-- The real world may be a lie… but this announcement isn’t. THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Volition, Inc.® are proud to announce the development of Saints Row®: The ThirdTM – Enter The Dominatrix™, the groundbreaking standalone expansion to Saints Row: The Third. No longer an April Fool’s dream, the outrageous game concept will be reality this fall. It’s really happening.

Slated for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, for a suggested retail price of $29.99, Saints Row: The Third – Enter The Dominatrix takes the award-winning, over-the-top action of Saints Row: The Third and adds the most requested gameplay features from the Saints Row community: freaking super powers.

“Faster than a speeding cyber jetbike, more powerful than a roided-out Luchadore, able to leap flying aircraft carriers in a single bound… That’s the power you’ll find inside the Dominatrix. Use it for good. Use it for evil. Use it for whatever you want. As always in Saints Row, it’s up to you,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Game Production, THQ Inc. “With a franchise with more than 11 million units shipped globally, it’s incredibly gratifying to have the flexibility to give Saints Row fans the features they want most.”

He later added, “Freaking super powers.”

About Saints Row: The Third – Enter the Dominatrix

Saints Row: The Third - Enter the Dominatrix picks up immediately following the events of Saints Row: The Third. For centuries, alien warlord Zinyak has eyed Earth and its precious natural resources and females with a watchful eye. As he prepares an armada for invasion, he has only one worry: the Third Street Saints.

Once a simple street gang from Stilwater, the Saints have evolved into a global empire, replete with bombastic TV advertising and tasteful consumer products, the kind of TV advertising and consumer products that would give any alien warlord pause. Clearly, the Saints are the biggest badasses on Earth.

Now, in order to prepare his forces for domination, Zinyak captures the leader of the Saints and imprisons him in an elaborate virtual reality simulation. This simulation program looks and feels like Steelport, but it is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. Here, you are a slave. Welcome… to the Dominatrix.

More details and a first look at Saints Row: The Third – Enter the Dominatrix will be available this summer.

MMaRsu

I m getting a lot of frame rate drops on ps3.

is everyone is getting it on ps3???

I thought the framerate was great on Ps3.

But I traded it today for Kingdoms of Amalur. I wasn't gonna replay this since they forgot to add a mission select screen, or were to obnoxious to add it.

Let's just hope Saints Row 4 can be to SR3 what SR2 was to SR1.

Also, freaking superpowers?

Meh. Is this game gonna be like InFamous or Crackdown now?

JB1981

just downloaded the game trial on ps3 and this game is nuts! runs really well on ps3 too. it is on sale on psn $47.99. tempted to pick this up. gameplay is really tight and the game runs well. the mayhem you can create is amazing.

one_kill

So I only started playing the game and I think it's good. The on-foot controls took a while to get used to. I think the shooting in this game, apart from stationary weapons, is loose. The camera needs a lot of work as it's often disorienting. I also dislike the way the aircrafts, especially helicopters, are controlled in this game.

Apart from those gripes, I'm having a lot of fun in the silly missions, weapon variety, and utter chaos during fights.

I'm only in the middle (?) of the second act. I'll try to finish the story soon and then start doing the challenges.

Yuripaw

Banned
I really like how crazy and funny Saints Row the third is. For those of you that visit Giantbomb, you could say I have the same type or appreciation for this game that those guys do. Never played the first 2 saints games...well I did try the first one a long time ago, but remember feeling like it was so janky and not fun to play, that I had no interest. Never gave the second one a try for sure though. Is either one worth going back to and playing?

I really like how crazy and funny Saints Row the third is. For those of you that visit Giantbomb, you could say I have the same type or appreciation for this game that those guys do. Never played the first 2 saints games...well I did try the first one a long time ago, but remember feeling like it was so janky and not fun to play, that I had no interest. Never gave the second one a try for sure though. Is either one worth going back to and playing?
Saints Row 2 is an amazing game, if you can get past the graphics that are dated now you'll have a lot of fun.

SR1 on the other hand, while good at the time, I just can't imagine holds up on any level.

Calcaneus

Wow. This game is really, really fun. I'm not really good at gushing, but I'll try.

I really did enjoy GTAIV, but this game is scratching the itches that game neglected. Its doing it so well, that I really hope GTAV keeps going in a more serious direction because I don't think they can top what Volition is doing. They got the classic open world sandbox style down. A lot of great moments so far.

One thing I hope is that the missions keep their variety, because its been really good about that so far.

After playing so much Just Cause 2, I'm really missing the ability to just zip back to my vehicle once I fall off of it. That's not really this game's fault though.

I'm playing through the game a 2nd time and my only real complaint is its a big hassle having to do all the introductory activity missions again. They should let you opt out of those.

Man, I played this game the other day. Big fan of SR2 but last year's holiday season was packed for me so it went on the backburner.

God DAMN that was a lot of fun. I think the activities are mostly disappointing rehashes of SR2(outside Genki, which is brilliant), but the missions are just fantastic in all their wacky ideas and execution. The licensed music bits like "Power" and "I Need a Hero" were incredibly inspired choices.

I also have to comment on how enjoyable the story is. I picked regular white guy voice #1, and he was REALLY good. He nails all his lines with the right mix of smug awesomeness, rage, sardonic off-hand comments, everything. Keep that guy around. In fact, pretty much all the characters are a lot of fun. Why I wasn't a big fan of Johnny Gat being killed off-screen, I think it was an inspired, bold choice by the developers to get rid of him early on. His death drives a lot of drama in the story later on, and the absence of Gat's huge persona is filled with fun, interesting characters to help the Saints out. I even enjoyed the old crew of Shaundi and Pierce, and I love the running gags with both of them(Shaundi can't stand Berk/Nyte Blade, and Pierce NEVER got to finish that damn chess game with Oleg). The only clunker was autotune pimp guy, who I felt was really one-note, and his shtick/missions got old pretty fast.

Absolutely love big finale mission with
the city going crazy and all the space the developers gave you to work with however you like. The choice at the end seemed tough for a second, but really going to the monument was the only way to go. You already beat Killbane at his own game, took his mask, ruined his rep, and now he's runnin' like a bitch out of the city. Like Angel said, beating him that way is worse then death. One of the recurring themes in the Saints Row series is how many friends you lose among your way to the top, most of all being Johnny that drives so much of the story. There's no way I was gonna let my friends die if I can help it, especially with that music playing, lol.

Just a shitload of fun, through and through. Well done, Volition.

Calcaneus

Just finished it, great great game. Fun all the way through and I already feel like screwing around in the world again.

I was playing on PC and did anyone else notice some odd glitches? Like voices suddenly changing and stuff?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wow. This game is really, really fun. I'm not really good at gushing, but I'll try.

I really did enjoy GTAIV, but this game is scratching the itches that game neglected. Its doing it so well, that I really hope GTAV keeps going in a more serious direction because I don't think they can top what Volition is doing. They got the classic open world sandbox style down. A lot of great moments so far.

One thing I hope is that the missions keep their variety, because its been really good about that so far.

After playing so much Just Cause 2, I'm really missing the ability to just zip back to my vehicle once I fall off of it. That's not really this game's fault though.

After finishing this, I really really hope SR4 borrows a lot from JC2. Maybe have that grapple an item or something.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Asked in the official Steam sale thread but I thought I'd put this here as well since that one moves so quick -

If I haven't played Saint's Row the Third before would it still be a good idea to just go wild on DLC purchases? I see a lot of stuff about new vehicles and weapons and such and I'm wondering if any of it is overpowered for somebody going through a first runthrough.

Sagitario

Thanks for letting me know. Really enjoying Saints Row so I though maybe the DLC was worth it.

The shark gun does look kind of fun!

Quick question: if I buy, for example, the Invincible Pack.
The description says "More cheats than you'll know what to do with. Never worry about dying or running out of ammo! Unlock the Get Down Cheat that makes you ultra limber."

So, cheats? But those disable automatic saving and achievements, right? Why would they sell those?

Top Bottom