• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

KiNeSiS

Banned
Even though I just beat it last night, I just now found out the Hulk Hogan voiced Angel.

What.

Odd that you didn't notice until the credits rolled.
I thought it was obvious upon his characters first appearance.
Fun over the top game, something seems rushed, could have benefited from a little more time in the oven....

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game doesn't really have oscar worthy gameplay. I just had to do like four missions in a row with Zimos that were all atrocious. Drive him around, protect him while he stands there and does nothing, get in car again.

Nothing has been like the first mission.

This game doesn't really have oscar worthy gameplay. I just had to do like four missions in a row with Zimos that were all atrocious. Drive him around, protect him while he stands there and does nothing, get in car again.

Nothing has been like the first mission.

Yeah some of that mid game stuff isn't great but don't worry, it picks up again. You are just doing story missions and not activities, right?

Hey You

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this thread, but I'll ask again:

Why are there
still zombies and the "zombie" island is still blocked off? I would have thought things would go back to normal after the zombie mission

Why are there
still zombies and the "zombie" island is still blocked off? I would have thought things would go back to normal after the zombie mission
I don't know but
the green gas is still in the air in that area
so that might be the only reason. I was hoping it would go back to normal after too.

_woLf

Why are there

I think the bridges that are up count as jumps you need for 100% completion? I could be wrong though.

Finally wiped out all the gangs and hit 100%. As a last hurrah, I dressed up as Killbane and flew a jet to the highest altitude possible then jumped out.

I did not survive.

I think the bridges that are up count as jumps you need for 100% completion? I could be wrong though.

"Big air" jumps, as well as barnstorming, do not count towards percentage but they are activities you can do if you want to go beyond 100% completion.

Why are there

That mission - which never comes back again - was the only one that felt too over-the-top to me. It was all "really?".

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
has anyone played this with a keyboard on the pc? Does it work out ok?

RealMeat

Banned
has anyone played this with a keyboard on the pc? Does it work out ok?
I tried with a 360 controller and a mouse/keyboard and I like mouse/keyboard better. The driving's forgiving enough that I didn't miss the analog sticks too much, and the shooting is much better with a mouse.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The use of licensed music in this game easily tops anything else out there.

You're the best! Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

jet1911

The use of licensed music in this game easily tops anything else out there.

You're the best! Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

Yep. More games should do that. As overused as it is when Power started to play during the second or third mission it just put a big smile on my face.

Airan

This fucking game

Just finished it, it definitely has terribad moments (the activities filling in for missions) but when the missions shine, they fucking shine. I played co-op and even the bugs made me laugh, especially when my teammate parachuted as we both ejected from the helicopter at the same time and I got knocked on his 'chute, causing a death and a hilarious slow descent with a still as a rock body that outlasted the death timer :D

Now I may need to rerun it to see the alternative cutscenes... or just hit Youtube I suppose. The Apoca-Fist is godlike <3

so I want this game ASAP for some reason. Where is it cheapest in Australia? Greenmangaming have it for $40USD. Do they do steam code downloads or retail copy delivery?

Ferrio

Banned
My char. Boobs are a bit too much, should really get them reduced.

0OEuX.png

Favorite choice of music has to be the penultimate mission when
I Need A Hero started playing. I ran through the STAG and Luchadore gunfire, shrugging that shit off like a boss jumped into the water and swam to the statue to save my homies. It was some heroic, Superman type shit.

Also the freefall in Air Steelport when Just For Today plays

STAGs theme is also really good. It plays the first time you get pursued by them.

I Need A Hero started playing. I ran through the STAG and Luchadore gunfire, shrugging that shit off like a boss jumped into the water and swam to the statue to save my homies. It was some heroic, Superman type shit.

Also the freefall in Air Steelport when Just For Today plays

STAGs theme is also really good. It plays the first time you get pursued by them.

One of my favorite parts in the game. THAT SONG MAKES THAT SEQUENCE.

As much as I want to continue upgrading my character, there's really nothing left in the game. I NEED MOAR. AJLDkm;baklfgnmgfkl;sdkl;gnjio

Acidote

I'm almost done with challenges and achievements in this game, 100%, characters and all weapons fully upgraded, and I want MORE.

Is there any way to complete the 50 taunt challenge after you've completed the game? I kept meaning to go for it while there were some gangs around, but I flew through the story instead. This is like the only challenge I'm not close to finishing.

I'm pretty sure you can taunt Saints gang members and it counts for it, just like the Love/Hate relationship trophy?

clockpunk

According to Major Nelson's blog, Genkibowl shall arrive on the 360 on the 17th Jan! Priced 560 MSP.

Don't forget, Season Pass owner, to donload therough the ingame Store - NOT the external marketplace, for your respective platform of choice.

Cannot wait!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It felt like something out of a John Candy movie, I loved it.

Fitz

I'm pretty sure you can taunt Saints gang members and it counts for it, just like the Love/Hate relationship trophy?

Just tried it, unless it only works with specific NPCs, taunting unfortunately doesn't count towards the challenge. I would have been able to finish the challenge long ago myself but the thing is that if you find a group of enemy gang members and taunt one of them, they all become hostile, after that taunting doesn't work on the rest.

Ferrio

Banned
So how many of these activities muddle up missions? Can you just skip them or do you have to do them? Getting tired of them already.

For some reason I've recently started getting this song stuck in my head whenever I'm flying through Steelport at night or driving in the rain. :p

Any chance we'll ever get an option to allow custom soundtracks on PS3?

[Dr.Zoidberg] What is? [/Dr.Zoidberg]

Cheapy D won an auction for charity to be put in the game, and apparently it got fleshed out into a full homie rather than just a random pedestrian and was not ready for the initial release. He will be released for free in the future (as is the CAG way) and it was mentioned on the CAGcast roughly a month ago? No one seems to have any details though, and this is the first time I've even heard it mentioned.

So how many of these activities muddle up missions? Can you just skip them or do you have to do them? Getting tired of them already.

You have to do each activity once as part of the main campaign. I think there are 9 or 10 total? Just get through them, the rest is definitely worth it.

Top Bottom