• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Cornyn: I can't believe you would overrule the president even though you yourself said the executive order was lawful.
Yates: Um..no, I said it was unlawful. UNlawful.
Cornyn: *sadly mumbles baba-booey to himself*

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Cornyn says he finds it "enormously disappointing" that Yates overruled Office of Legal Counsel's determination that travel ban was lawful

Un fucking believable.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Are Republicans really trying to defend the Muslim Ban

Really?

Really?!

YUP. They really, really REALLY do not care about collusion or working with the Russians, as long as they can ban Muslims and make life for minorities terrible. That's the goal. That's their platform.

For the love of God what did she say guys?!

Asshole was trying to say she should have defended the EO as a member of the executive branch and not the judicial branch.

She reminded them, that during her confirmation hearing, that the GOP asked her if she would oppose an unlawful EO written by the President (then Obama) and she assured them she would.

Swass

They picked a terrible D to do this.. Feinstein seems like she has very little clue or interest in this meeting.

Deflection. Trying to make this about Yates instead of Russia/Trump

Very similar to the house session where they tried to make it about anything but..

Cornyn: I can't believe you would overrule the president even though you yourself said the executive order was lawful.
Yates: Um..no, I said it was unlawful. UNlawful.
Cornyn: *sadly mumbles baba-booey to himself*

Yeah, she really cut his nuts off there lol

Crosseyes

Banned
Just went right after her credibility to paint her as a partisan. And continue to undermine the intelligence community's credibility whenever given the opportunity.

Leakers are the only hope for truth continuing to come out. After Yates was fired in that 18 days that's when the cover up would be happening. Until leaks revealed the truth and Flynn got revealed.

RDreamer

Republicans nowadays are nothing short of fucking mind-blowing. They're going off on Yates for not wanting to defend something that ultimately got knocked down by a bunch of courts anyway? Fuck off.

They pretend to worry about leaks when the specific leak we're talking about very well could be the only reason a possibly compromised National Security Advisor was even fired. Fuck off.

Trying to make 'unmasking' sound so sinister. Fuck off there too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
crazy, that the travel ban came up, as it was also mentioned earlier that it was the same day she tried to let the WH send people to review evidence collected on Flynn at the DOJ/Pentagon, but was fired before she ever knew if they ever showed up to review that evidence.

Top Bottom