• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Kurdel

Banned
Unmasking? Incidental collection?

giphy.gif

I'm done. I'll read the GAF comments later about this shit, I can't stand sitting here watching Republican's try to cover this up talking about shit that is irrelevant to the hearing.

The problem is, how can we force an independent investigation to be formed? I haven't heard of any ideas.

Speaker of the House can do it I think, AKA not a chance in fucking hell it happens as long as the GOP is in charge. 2018 would be the earliest that could happen if the Dems retake the house.

rec0ded1

I wish this would happen:

Clapper clicks button "unmasking aint shit with regard to this so stop asking you traitorous scum"

Thanks for the answers guys, last question. Is there anyone in the hearing that we don't expect to try and use distraction tactics and actually ask worthwhile questions?

jstripes

Banned
I get this but is it not possible to bypass the compromised parties completely and have a hearing focus on the treason?

The Republicans are in charge of the House and the Senate, so everything goes by their rules unfortunately. So, it's impossible to avoid this clown show.

As someone else, the FBI is the best bet, and they're keeping their lips sealed until they have everything nailed down.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I love that they're so worried about privacy right now when they're the ones dismantling consumer privacy on the internet

shoplifter

I'm done. I'll read the GAF comments later about this shit, I can't stand sitting here watching Republican's try to cover this up talking about shit that is irrelevant to the hearing.

Have you never watched a congressional hearing? Both parties do this shit all the time to divert from whatever it is they don't want discussed.

It's amazing...

Instead of congress interviewing Trump administration officials about Russia, they're interviewing the investigators, trying to make them look guilty of something and completely ignoring the fact that Trump's administration was compromised by a foreign power.

When does congress start grilling Trump administration officials about the fact that they were either blackmailed or that they made secret deals to promote Russian interests with the US election?

Does that happen soon?

Or do we have to wait for 2020?

Why isn't Flynn up there being grilled?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Have you never watched a congressional hearing? Both parties do this shit all the time to divert from whatever it is they don't want discussed.

Yes but usually our democracy is not at risk. Usually it's some stupid funding bullshit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It's amazing...

Instead of congress interviewing Trump administration officials about Russia, they're interviewing the investigators, trying to make them look guilty of something and completely ignoring the fact that Trump's administration was compromised by a foreign power.

When does congress start grilling Trump administration officials about the fact that they were either blackmailed or that they made secret deals to promote Russian interests with the US election?

Does that happen soon?

Page and crew will be next.

"This hearing is important for the American people to learn about Russian Interference. Now for my questions on a completely unrelated topic..."

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wait, now he's asking about Yates' refusal to obey the executive order?

LMAO.

Gotta throw some dirt on Yates to make the Flynn stuff not look as bad, I guess.

jstripes

Banned
It's amazing...

Does that happen soon?

The GOP aren't going to score on their own goal, so 2018 is the soonest.

At this rate they need to build a prison just to hold all of these corrupt GOP pieces of shit together. Then we can see how happy they are with choosing party over country when that is literally all they have left.

Top Bottom