• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

What's the difference with that one?

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. What's the first thing I should do with it? Coming from the iphone, first android phone.

STAY FREE VERIZON

also... lol @:

Samsung For Enterprise
With SAFE™, Samsung layers extra features on top of native Android™ to make devices more secure and easier for your employer's IT department to manage.
NOT SO SAFE WITH THAT KERNEL EXPLOIT

What's the difference with that one?

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. What's the first thing I should do with it? Coming from the iphone, first android phone.

unlocked bootloader... like every other model except the stock Verizon model.

Verizon bootloader was hacked last week. useless edition.

Emily Chu

Banned
STAY FREE VERIZON

also... lol @:

NOT SO SAFE WITH THAT KERNEL EXPLOIT

unlocked bootloader... like every other model except the stock Verizon model.

Verizon bootloader was hacked last week. useless edition.

fuck man if it wasn't for my grandfathered 4G unlimited I would just tell V to fuck off... and buy note II from another carrier

maybe when note III rolls along they will kill off the grandfathered plans

and hopefully Google will offer a wireless service with 4G unlimited for a decent price by then

Did they wait for the bootloader to be unlocked to announce this? I seriously don't get the point of releasing this.
They released a developer edition of the GSIII too. It's actually nice they are even releasing unlocked phones at all, way different from how Verizon used to be. The bootloader unlock is irrelevant here, this was planned all along.

Enron

Banned
Does anyone else have the problem where audio streams cut out when the screen turns off and goes into screen-lock?

Is there an app that's forcing powersave settings on the radio?

Is there a setting somewhere to stop this? I've looked all over and can't find anything. Please halp!

can you unmount/remount from the storage settings?

i used the microsd-sd adapter when i was transferring the bulk of stuff to my 64GB card. no phone involved!

i actually *was* gonna try SGS3 Easy UMS out, but then i saw that UPnP was built in and decided on using that to copy images from my phone to my PS3.

Nope, it says "mount card, insert sd card" doesn't even recognise that it's inserted. Yeah i should have used the adapter but didn't even think to hey

It seems like it's completely borked my microsd card if my phone and computer won't recognise it when inserted. And since they both don't recognise it I have no idea how to fix it. Considered restoring my phone but don't really figure how that will help unruin my sd card.

SpringPad update is up, fixes the blackscreen/whitescreen issue on the Galaxy Note II and some other JellyBean devices.

Nope, it says "mount card, insert sd card" doesn't even recognise that it's inserted. Yeah i should have used the adapter but didn't even think to hey

It seems like it's completely borked my microsd card if my phone and computer won't recognise it when inserted. And since they both don't recognise it I have no idea how to fix it. Considered restoring my phone but don't really figure how that will help unruin my sd card.

try putting it in a Camera or something else to see if you can format it from there.

Just got the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for my girl.

1.) Is Jelly Bean out for this yet? I'm in the U.S.

2.) Any must-have APPS specifically for the 10.1, including preferred apps that take advantage of the stylus (writing)?

3.) Is there an intuitive way to use the stylus and the apps that utilize it in conjunction with standard apps that don't? For example, she wants to be able to write e-mails and text, and while a lot of her favorite apps don't allow for her to "write" on them, what is the best way for her to harmonize the apps that fully support stylus writing and the ones that don't?

Thanks, GAF.

PS: First time Android user, btw. It rocks.

JoseDFrog

Banned
They released a developer edition of the GSIII too. It's actually nice they are even releasing unlocked phones at all, way different from how Verizon used to be. The bootloader unlock is irrelevant here, this was planned all along.

I know that. It's just their timing for these developer phones has be brutal. I don't think there is phone that wasn't unlocked before they got their developer edition out. My honest question, because I don't know, is what benefit does this phone have over the regular one? I'm just a regular joe and I was able to unlock my phone thanks to the dev community. Will they honor the warranty of these developer editions phones if I somehow brick my phone from flashing? Cuz that would be useful.

Emily Chu

Banned
my otterbox defender came in today

Jesus.... the phone so friggin Beast mode now + a 64GB SD card.

IKebL.jpg

fubarduck

In the developer options, right? Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Instead of the "keep screen on while charging" option, download StayAwake free from the Play store.

Why: If you're charging your phone over night and an incoming message wakes up your screen, your screen now stays on all night

With the StayAwake app, it will go back to sleep properly when waking up the screen from a lock state, but you still get the convenience of a lit screen when mounted in a car while charging the device, etc.

I got a call from the loan agent working with me on refinancing my mortgage. She left me a voicemail with a phone number to call, so I pulled my S-Pen out and jotted it down. Then I called the number and spoke with someone who handles document processing, she emailed me a link so I put it on speaker and opened it up to reach the site I was directed to. There, I filled a form out while still on the call and submitted it. She got the form back and that was that. Later on in the day the loan agent emailed me a PDF file with another form so I opened it up and looked at it with QuickOffice. I had to check some boxes and sign the bottom, which I did by drawing directly on the PDF with the S-Pen and then I sent the PDF of the signed form back.

Just another day in the life of the Galaxy Note II Master Race.

I got a call from the loan agent working with me on refinancing my mortgage. She left me a voicemail with a phone number to call, so I pulled my S-Pen out and jotted it down. Then I called the number and spoke with someone who handles document processing, she emailed me a link so I put it on speaker and opened it up to reach the site I was directed to. There, I filled a form out while still on the call and submitted it. She got the form back and that was that. Later on in the day the loan agent emailed me a PDF file with another form so I opened it up and looked at it with QuickOffice. I had to check some boxes and sign the bottom, which I did by drawing directly on the PDF with the S-Pen and then I sent the PDF of the signed form back.

Just another day in the life of the Galaxy Note II Master Race.

sounds like a script for a commercial. sell that shit to Samsung yo!

Coverly

Instead of the "keep screen on while charging" option, download StayAwake free from the Play store.

Why: If you're charging your phone over night and an incoming message wakes up your screen, your screen now stays on all night

With the StayAwake app, it will go back to sleep properly when waking up the screen from a lock state, but you still get the convenience of a lit screen when mounted in a car while charging the device, etc.

Yeah you're right, I resorted to apps to do this and they are great. Right now I'm using No Screen Off since I can just turn the on/off switch when I'm driving and problem solved.

Is there an android friendly skin for xbmc? The default has tiny selections, not that easy to pick stuff.

only thing is he's got a t-mobile version and I need to use it on AT&T... I know they're both GSM but am I gonna run into any hassles unlocking?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Getting close to Christmas, Superior Galaxy kids. Fam is alluding that my gift is gadgety. I hope to fuck they havent got me a WiiU as I'd feel really bad for them what with the inevitable massive UK price drop next year.

My current phone is an HTC Wildfire. Do you understand. Do you.

Gunsmithx

quick question since I plan on getting one fairly soon on T-mobile, should I just get the normal tmobile version or should I try to get an international one? don't know if there's any difference at all(I'll be paying full price for either) except maybe faster updates on the international one? cause I thought these were mostly the same across the board.

nope, some random guy on craigslist. seems legit (i think) too, he said he just prefers the stock google experience with the nexuses

It's so tempting!

I would then sell it for 350-400 and rebuy the nexus! The nexus goes for quite a bit now no? Goes for over retail here since it's sold out.

EDIT: yeah I woudln't do it, your phone is worth more.

I would then sell it for 350-400 and rebuy the nexus! The nexus goes for quite a bit now no? Goes for over retail here since it's sold out.

retail on the Note 2 with no contract is like 700 bucks.. I paid half that for my nexus

ebay search: completed auctions

Nexus 4:
finishing at $450-500. one with a reserve of $540 didn't get met. $525, reserve not met. some crazy person with a buy it now of $700? ... ain't nobody buying that shit, LOL!
currently; new from $488.88, used from $449

T-Mobile Galaxy Note II:
finishing at around $600-650. one with a $660 reserve didn't get met. one with a cracked screen sold for $530. one sold for $780.
currently; new from $600, used from $550

Emily Chu

Banned
everyone with a note II or a HTC one X or just a Android phone above 2.2 - 4.12 do a test

install flash 11.1.115.34 at this site

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

the legit adobe flash site latest apk

>security enable off market installs

then go to here

xhamster.com

watch a HD video or non HD video is it smooth or stuttery ?

I just don't understand how a single core shitty tablet my friend has with ICS 4.0 runs xhamster HD fine but my Note II with the same APK runs the HD videos on that site like shit.... and my galaxy nexus runs it perfect too.... : /

hope an update fixes that and yes they are still updating flash for android... stealthly

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

it just bothers me that a quad core can't run HD flash videos while a single core runs it fine

NX4bs.png

TeegsD

Just picked up this sexy piece of tech but want to get it rooted ASAP. Any good 4.2 ROMs out there that allow S Pen support?

everyone with a note II or a HTC one X or just a Android phone above 2.2 - 4.12 do a test

install flash 11.1.115.34 at this site

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

the legit adobe flash site latest apk

>security enable off market installs

then go to here

xhamster.com

watch a HD video or non HD video is it smooth or stuttery ?

I just don't understand how a single core shitty tablet my friend has with ICS 4.0 runs xhamster HD fine but my Note II with the same APK runs the HD videos on that site like shit.... and my galaxy nexus runs it perfect too.... : /

hope an update fixes that and yes they are still updating flash for android... stealthly

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

it just bothers me that a quad core can't run HD flash videos while a single core runs it fine

NX4bs.png
That xhamster site was stuttery. It was also sluttery. Tee hee. Why don't you just watch the mp4 versions of the videos?

Try the main Ingress site: www.ingress.com
There is a 1080p version of the game trailer, it runs smooth for me.

Top Bottom