• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Thinking about trading in my s3 for this, the bigger screen and battery is just too good.

Anyone recently trade in their s3? Want to know just about how much difference I have to pay.

Is there any easy way to convert my music/movies that I purchased from Itunes to my note II?

There are apps for syncing to iTunes. For music, it shouldn't be copy protected and you can also just copy them right onto the phone. For movies there is still DRM and I don't think you can play them on anything other than iDevices. Dat ecosystem lock-in, it's why I only buy movies on shiny round discs. Content you can only play on certain devices is never good.

Emily Chu

Banned
Anyone else have this case ? Otterbox Defender was also my case for my Gnex
using this case now with a belt clip attachment as well + a SPG Screen protector

xE3nT.jpg

GrWBV.jpg

it feels retro

like something I used to carry a long ass time ago

Emily Chu

Banned
^^^ Holy shit that is huge!

yeah used to have the same series case for my gnex and it gets dropped on concrete and just everywhere.
I've just picked up and dusted it off and kept going, zero reaction from me.

you could probably go to war with this case + the belt clip

not water or weather proof though.

but fuck it feels like a BATTLE TANK

Lemonte

I'm starting to regret buying note 2. I can't use this onehanded. I thought that wouldn't be a big deal but it is. My previous phone was zte blade and I didn't game on it because it couldn't run any games. So I thought if I had good phone I would play a lot but I really don't. And what's up with all games running quite poorly? Like rayman jungle run, jetpack joy ride and beach buggy blitz. They run ok but definitely little choppy frame rate. I thought they would run better on 2 months old phone.

Thinking of trying lumia 920 next...

SUPARSTARX

Anyone else have this case ? Otterbox Defender was also my case for my Gnex
using this case now with a belt clip attachment as well + a SPG Screen protector

[://i.imgur.com/xE3nT.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://i.imgur.com/GrWBV.jpg[/IMG]

it feels retro

like something I used to carry a long ass time ago

Thought about getting it but it's adds way too much bulk for my tastes although I do want something with a belt clip.

goldenpp72

Is there a nice, reasonably sized case for this that has a kickstand? I came from an EVO and while I adore this phone, the size of it makes the need for a kickstand even greater.

SUPARSTARX

Is there a nice, reasonably sized case for this that has a kickstand? I came from an EVO and while I adore this phone, the size of it makes the need for a kickstand even greater.

Seideo has a nice one from what I've researched. Metal kick stand and a good thick case.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My cousin purchased this phone in white and it looks absolutely sexy. It was my first time seeing the Note 2 in person and god damn what a great looking phone. The screen is huge. It made my S3 look so tiny next to it. hahaha.

KillGore

Alright guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on this.

This next question is important, White or Titanium?

I went with white. 90%+ of the phones on the market are black/grey. My last three phones were black and the one before that was grey, so going to white was amazing. Pretty Classy

wildfire

Banned
So I'm seriously about to pull the trigger on this thing. I almost bought it on contract with Tmobile today. Should I just get the thing on contract for $369 or whatever and pay the extra $15 or so dollars a month over buying it full price ($649) and going month to month on Solavei or some other provider? I'm also trying to get my wife off of Sprint (hate the molasses slow 3g and no 4G or even plans for 4G in our area) with a new S3. I could move us both to Tmobile and get her phone for pretty cheap as well. I've been pretty dead set on getting off contracts for a while, but if the benefits are minimal, idk?

Do the math for the monthly plan you were interested in. Even with the Note 2 on contract with ATT for $180 I found buying the phone off contract to be cheaper (once I got a modest discount through eBay) and using T-mobiles $40 monthly plan (after taxes and fees).

cubanb

Banned
Do the math for the monthly plan you were interested in. Even with the Note 2 on contract with ATT for $180 I found buying the phone off contract to be cheaper (once I got a modest discount through eBay) and using T-mobiles $40 monthly plan (after taxes and fees).

Is that the 100 minute wal mart one? Are you using google voice for extra minutes?

chrislowe

my white Note II is the best phone i have ever used. Its much faster then my Nexus 7 also, and still its got better batterylife. awesome phone :)

only complaint is that ive never used screen protectors on any phone ive owned.. but the Note 2 has 2 scratches on the screen.. :/

Forearms

I worked from home yesterday and spent about 6 to 6.5 hours on the phone. I was receiving e-mail from the company Exchange server as usual, and doing some light texting between the longer calls I had.

At the end of my work day (4pm) the thing still had 55% battery left. From there I had a couple phone calls with the wife, played a couple non-graphic intense games (Townsmen, Words with Friends, etc), surfed the web, and poked around on Facebook. When I finally turned in for the night (11pm) it was only down to 40%.

This phone is fucking fantastic...

my white Note II is the best phone i have ever used. Its much faster then my Nexus 7 also, and still its got better batterylife. awesome phone :)

only complaint is that ive never used screen protectors on any phone ive owned.. but the Note 2 has 2 scratches on the screen.. :/

:/ on the scratches.

i dunno about this Gorilla Glass 2... shenanigans afoot

Mesoian

So I'm getting a new phone next week. It's between the S3 or the Note 2. My plan is to get the Note 2, try it for 30 days, and if it works out, keep it, else return it and get an s3.

Now if I were to do this, I'd assume that going to a verizon store is out of the question, yes?

if you register your phone on here http://smgm.us/69V

they'll send out a care package in 6-8 weeks. which includes 6 tec tiles and a flip cover color of your choice.

works for Note 2 also!

Choice of Orange, Lime and Pink for the flip cover... I don't even remember if I chose Orange or Lime...

So I'm getting a new phone next week. It's between the S3 or the Note 2. My plan is to get the Note 2, try it for 30 days, and if it works out, keep it, else return it and get an s3.

Now if I were to do this, I'd assume that going to a verizon store is out of the question, yes?
yeah, return policy is 14 days iirc @ verizon stores.

kmfdmpig

Set up a few emulators + Sixaxis on this and it's very fun for games.

In the mail I have a OTG cable coming and a MHL - HDMI cable as well. It'll be nice to be able to hook it up directly to my TV as the quality of the recorded video was too high for my wi-fi to stream. At 1GB for ~ 9 minutes I wasn't surprised about that.

Top Bottom