• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Mook1e

I want to start a petition to have an Android version of Homeworld made!
It would be so perfect to have on the Note 2.

Gambit61

Set up a few emulators + Sixaxis on this and it's very fun for games.

In the mail I have a OTG cable coming and a MHL - HDMI cable as well. It'll be nice to be able to hook it up directly to my TV as the quality of the recorded video was too high for my wi-fi to stream. At 1GB for ~ 9 minutes I wasn't surprised about that.

Where did you order the MHL cable from?

kmfdmpig

Where did you order the MHL cable from?
Ebay had it for $11. Amazon has it for about $30. The one that works is the S3 one, not the S2 one.

Also, there is a new PSP emulator on the market. Ppsspp or something. Only a few games are playable, however, and none that I own.

PPSSPP might be the funniest name for an emulator ever.
http://www.ppsspp.org/

Seems like progress is going fast right now on it, I hope it will be in a pretty decent state in 2013. The PSP can't be as hard to emulate as the PS2 was because of a much simpler design.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey guys!

165838_456021141122905_415893480_n.jpg

I got one! My first cellphone, in fact.

What should I do first?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was jotting down some notes while on the train, then called up multi window to cut out a specific image from google image search and paste into S Note so I wouldnt forget a specific detail.

I suddenly realised I am their fucking promotional video usage segments personified. I am become Note.

Enron

Banned
I did it this morning and it seemed to work.

I did it around 1pm eastern today and it still worked. Only 1 flipcover case was no longer available (blue) - but the other 4 were. My buddy did it at 2pm and they were all gone except for the pink cover. Im guessing the SIII ones were gone almost instantly.

adelante

Invested hours of Vice City already on this thing. I can't imagine myself doing the same had I stuck with an iPhone, due to its much smaller screen.. Playing games on a 5.5" AMOLED screen is freaking glorious!

I'll take your word on it :p

I'd been pulled a bit by the Nexus 4 but it sounds pretty dreadful with everything in; the battery just isn't there.

Note II...I'm keeping my eyes on those prices.
Still kicking myself for missing the O2 deal :/

Nexus 4 has good battery life tho. of course, it's not in the Note/MAXX league, but it's legit all day battery life.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wowow

I just love carrying this thing. I'm 6'5" and the size fits absolutely perfectly in my hand, despite my earlier misgivings. The far superior design compared to the original Note definitely plays a role. Im starting to think how did I ever live with a screen smaller than this.

Slap a flip case cover on it + the steel finish and its just so...sophisticated looking! (lol)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Found this cheap at a local market before leaving my fam at Christmas as the damn SUPERIOR GREY thing felt too fragile/preciousssssss to wait the month its going to take for my Seidio Surface case to arrive:
Is good enough, but the flip cover adds too much width to the thing when using it. Definitely looking forward to going flip cover-less and getting this bad-boy:

CSR3SSGT2K-RB-4.jpg

dudeguy24

Bare with me for a moment here

Dis fucking phone
[IG]http://www.i.imgur.com/Znt4v.png[/IMG]

Work around stutter and slow down on some flash sites

And it gives me a choice to either download or view it with the stick it app

Works with multi view too I can prolly have up to 4-5 vids up wirh super video and xscope browser

[IM]http://www.i.imgur.com/6XaJP.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://www.i.imgur.com/cD1uy.png[/IMG]

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get GAF to show up as black?

Emily Chu

Banned
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get GAF to show up as black?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sui.mRelease&hl=en

xscope browser well worth the 2.99 I've paid 2 years ago with my shitty LG ally (first android phone)

You can toggle it for every site (darken)

Great for amoled screens and night time browsing

My default browser for over 4 android phones.
If it had quick controls it would be perfect

Ally
Droid X
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7

Note mother fucking II

Can't reccomend it enuff

Plus supports the latest flash apk

Mesoian

So I've been doing my pricing homework over the last few days.

If I pay more than 200 bucks, I'm essentially being taken for a ride, right?

Mesoian

Huh isn't it 299$ everywhere? On contract anyways

AmazonWireless and LetsTalk have it for 200 with a new contract or upgrade. The annoying thing about that is you have to do all the activation stuff on the phone and wait for it be shipped. I'd rather just walk into a verizon store, slap my money on the table and walk out with a new phone, but if they're going to charge an extra hundo, it's not worth it.

::Sigh:: I just want to try it for a week of normal use and see if I like it.

Top Bottom