• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

LM4sure

Banned
I LOVE Amazon.com!!

I ordered the s iii a week ago for $150. Saw they dropped the price to $100 so I called and they just agreed to refund $50 to me!

JB needs to hurry up.

oh and sprint is finally cracking down on the 4G LTE network. i'm glad i'm part of the list but they need to hurry up. i need that 4G speed. or at least 3G speed D:

Anyone else feel the system sound volume is to low? Cant use the alarm on it because its so low I wont even wake up. Any way to boost the the sound volume?

Ricky_R

After a week and three days, I can say that I'm extremely satisfied with my SIII. I had some issues with the reception/signal, but they seem to have gone away. Maybe it was an issue with my carrier.

Loving it a lot and coming from the G2, it's a major difference in every single aspect. Only thing I thought I was gonna miss was the qwerty keyboard, but I'm having no issues typing thanks to this awesome big ass screen. I won't go back in screen size, I'll tell you that right now.

Slizz

Is there a decent chance that AT&T won't sit on the JB update forever and actually put it out around the same time as other providers?

Also I really want one of those Draco cases.... too sexy.

kinggroin

Banned
Just an FYI for owners. My wife has an s3; do NOT enable power saving without going through the list first.

One of the options drops CPU performance drastically to save battery causing things like the multi tasking window and quick toggles to scroll choppy and perform sluggishly.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
QUESTION:

White or Blue?

Let me make this decision harder for you:

4121-samsung-galaxy-s3-colors-color-options-choices-release-date.jpg

Titanium Grey? Sapphire Black? Garnet Red? Amber Brown?

ha ha HA

So after the iPhone 5 unveiling I think im done with iPhone.

Does the S3 have something similar to Facetime, I use it all the time with my brother, he is also looking for a new phone.

Swag

Does the S3 have something similar to Facetime, I use it all the time with my brother, he is also looking for a new phone.
Has video calling, but if you're hoping to call someone on a PC, you're probably going to have to stick to skype for that.

kinggroin

Banned

Has video calling, but if you're hoping to call someone on a PC, you're probably going to have to stick to skype for that.

i would like to know this as well

Skype?

I know touchwiz can be imposing, but did you guys forget you're using android devices?

Install google plus (you're already a member) and now you can video call anyone else with the app. You can even do it with a few people at once...over the cell network

kaskade

Well the Iphone announcement pretty much sold me on the s3. I'm gonna head to best buy in a bit to get one. There didn't seem to be anything too crazy new.

I've had an iPhone 3G for four years now, and I'm finally ready to upgrade to a new phone. The new iPhone isn't doing it for me, but this interests me greatly. It'll be my first Android phone, though, and from what I hear that operating system can be a pain in the ass, so that's made me kind of wary. The simple, easy-to-use nature of the iPhone was something I'm very comfortable with.

Is Android as intimidating as I hear, or it is so simple my mom can use it?

Kyoufu

I've had an iPhone 3G for four years now, and I'm finally ready to upgrade to a new phone. The new iPhone isn't doing it for me, but this interests me greatly. It'll be my first Android phone, though, and from what I hear that operating system can be a pain in the ass, so that's made me kind of wary. The simple, easy-to-use nature of the iPhone was something I'm very comfortable with.

I don't see why your mom couldn't use it. You touch an icon, the app loads. It's not rocket surgery.

Izick

This and the Lumia 920 are the main two phones vying for my attention. Whichever I pick will end up being my first smart phone, so it's kind of hard without any real experience.

kehs

Banned

The intimidation/pain in the ass allusions are overstated. The OS is a little more complex and abstract, but it's not like you're using command line linux.

my mom uses Android. it's been over a year and i haven't had any tech support call nightmares.

spring last year when she mentioned she wanted one and was ditching her Blackberry i was like "why!?!" and thought back to the time when i had to help her set up a wireless router over the phone, but over a year later and i gotta say i've not had any long tech support calls!

my brother has an iPhone and we use Tango all the time. and we also used fring, but it's not as good...

snacknuts

we all knew her

Another vote for G+. I use it all the time and it works really well. Pleasantly platform agnostic.

kinggroin

Banned

It appears intimidating, sure.

But its not. Its easy to use for sure. The GS3 UI may be ugly as sin, but it adds a lot of nice little touches to what's already the most functionally advanced mobile OS available.

Couple things to note:

In android, if you don't like an app (even a system one), you can change it to something else as default.

Holding the home button brings up multitasking

Enjoy!

Wait for the upcoming Nexus reveal and decide THEN, which phone to get. Trust me

Izick

I was using Jellybean on the Nexus 7 for as long as I had it, and I never really found it that intimidating. That was my first touch device, and I felt the OS was fairly easy to figure out and navigate.

suplex

So how do I get this phone to stop randomly auto dimming the screen?

I've turned off auto brightness but it seems to turn itself back on.

Top Bottom