• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

CRS

so if Sprint's JB leak has been out for a while now, safe to say Verizon's should push their official update soon as well?

Rad Agast

Quick question, what's the deal with Kies? Started using it more lately hoping for a Jelly Bean update (international S3) but have been facing some connection bugs.

Anyone knows of a fix?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Just get Apex or Nova and then you can make the folders look amazing :(

I'm actually tired of the vanilla ics folder layout. I see it everyday on the tf300. TW folders actually expand once you click it and icons fly out. I can't make this shit up!

Argyle

I'm actually tired of the vanilla ics folder layout. I see it everyday on the tf300. TW folders actually expand once you click it and icons fly out. I can't make this shit up!

Not sure I like how the folder stays open after you tap home to get back to your homescreens, though.

Nakazato

anyone with a galaxy s3 on att know how to change from 4gLTe to hspa+/3g the lte killed my battery yesterday i was on the road with my gps i had only got 5hr and 25 mins

I think Poland is the only place that has got it so far, if I'm not mistaken. So in other worlds, it could be awhile :( I have Verizon, too. I would love to see the update soon, but it's not looking good for the near future at least.

i think korea or china is getting it next.

Just got a Galaxy S3 today at Verizon. Was able to get it price matched down to $150 instead of paying the $200 they charge at there store. But anyways I'm loving the phone. it's a huge, and I mean HUGE upgrade from my Samsung Captivate which is a ancient now by Smartphone standards. I've spent the last two hours just going through settings, testing stuff, and downloading apps. It's very nice and I'm very happy with my purchase. My neck actually hurts because I've spent so much time looking downward at the phone lol. But I look forward to seeing what else to get on my new S3 and hopefully Jellybean will be available later this month.

Joates

Banned
Does the s3 use Swype keyboard?

I've only had motorola phones that have used it and I tend to prefer it.

Might be a deciding factor between the s3 or razr m.

Does the s3 use Swype keyboard?

I've only had motorola phones that have used it and I tend to prefer it.

Might be a deciding factor between the s3 or razr m.

I believe it comes installed already (I don't actually own the phone) but you can get Swype on any android phone just download it from the Play Store.

edit: I guess it's not, it's only on their website.

clav

What would you recommend for a person who doesn't plan to root and install ROMs: Galaxy S3 or the Google Play Store's Galaxy Nexus?

nib95

Banned
What would you recommend for a person who doesn't plan to root and install ROMs: Galaxy S3 or the Google Play Store's Galaxy Nexus?

Personally I'm thinking of sticking to Samsung now. Their unique software features are awesome, and I actually found ICS Touvhwiz quicker on the S3 than stock ICS on the Galaxy Nexus. Post Jelly Bean, things are smooth enough that speed isn't an issue. It's whether you prefer earlier updates and vanilla layout vs Touvhwiz layout (almost the same, but slightly more iPhone esque) and additional Samsung unique features (Smart stay Smart share etc).

clav

Personally I'm thinking of sticking to Samsung now. Their unique software features are awesome, and I actually found ICS Touvhwiz quicker on the S3 than stock ICS on the Galaxy Nexus. Post Jelly Bean, things are smooth enough that speed isn't an issue. It's whether you prefer earlier updates and vanilla layout vs Touvhwiz layout (almost the same, but slightly more iPhone esque) and additional Samsung unique features (Smart stay Smart share etc).

I've heard a lot of terrible things regarding the Samsung iTunes-clone management software known as KIES.

Think I'll stay with my plan to Nexus experiences.

I want to upgrade my phone experience by not having to go through the trouble of installing ROMs that my current phone went through (Windows Mobile 6). I'm willing to deal with it on the HP TouchPad since it's an unofficial port, but for something new, I want something that feels like an upgrade.

zedge

Anyone have one of these?

Look pretty sweet.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-case-ultra-bumper-lumi-series.html

galaxy_s3_lumi_bumper_0000__.jpg

Which do you think would go best with a blue S3? Was thinking the green one or the blue one.

Ended up getting Galaxy S 3 on Sprint. T-Mobile screwed me over so stayed on my current contract. Love this phone. Gonna root it after the official Jelly Bean rom comes out. Guaranteed to have a long life on xda with how many are being sold. Now just to wait for LTE.....

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Anyone have one of these?

Look pretty sweet.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-case-ultra-bumper-lumi-series.html

galaxy_s3_lumi_bumper_0000__.jpg

Which do you think would go best with a blue S3? Was thinking the green one or the blue one.

Yep, I have one of those. The power button might take some time to get used to as it's hard to sometime press it to power it on. Over time, the button will become easier to access. It also comes with a front and back protector for your S3

zedge

Yep, I have one of those. The power button might take some time to get used to as it's hard to sometime press it to power it on. Over time, the button will become easier to access. It also comes with a front and back protector for your S3

Sweet, ordered the blue one from ebay as shipping was free there and the same price. :D

Swag

Sweet, ordered the blue one from ebay as shipping was free there and the same price. :D
I also have that case, really excellent, adds some needed weight to the phone, as well as making the back feel a lot better. Have only dropped my phone a single time since I got it, during a night drinking and it had no visible damage on it.

Ixian

I've heard a lot of terrible things regarding the Samsung iTunes-clone management software known as KIES.

Think I'll stay with my plan to Nexus experiences.

I want to upgrade my phone experience by not having to go through the trouble of installing ROMs that my current phone went through (Windows Mobile 6). I'm willing to deal with it on the HP TouchPad since it's an unofficial port, but for something new, I want something that feels like an upgrade.
You don't have to use KIES, though. I haven't touched it.

mclem

Which UK company is offering a free galaxy tab with it?!

Phones4U, via Orange. I don't think it's just them, either.

That said, I think the total bill is too high; I think it'd be cheaper to just buy a separate phone contract and then use the savings on a tab... and still have money to spare!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else seem to be getting worse reception with their GSIII than they were getting before? Seems like my Evo got better reception in a lot more places.

CRS

Is there an option outside of the camera/camcorder app where I can mess with my flash?

It doesn't seem to work and I even tried using a standalone flashlight app with no success. :(

Top Bottom