• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

gcubed

Yeah it is. Just as the x2 looks worse than the original. Again a fine example [url]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/05/galaxy-s-iii-microscope-one-x.jpg[/url][/i1mg]

Even tho there are more pixels, It still looks off. Sure technically it's better but to the eyes of some there's a difference[/QUOTE]

the droid X and the one X are two WILDLY different phones.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah it is. Just as the x2 looks worse than the original. Again a fine example
galaxy-s-iii-microscope-one-x.jpg

Even tho there are more pixels, It still looks off. Sure technically it's better but to the eyes of some there's a difference

Holy shit, yeah maybe if you zoom in to that degree you can see it, but jesus you are out of your mind if you think you can see it in normal use.

EDIT:

Uhhhh so what was their "one last thing" surprise?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Yeah it is. Just as the x2 looks worse than the original. Again a fine example
galaxy-s-iii-microscope-one-x.jpg

Even tho there are more pixels, It still looks off. Sure technically it's better but to the eyes of some there's a difference

honestly though, if no one talked about it or saw that picture how many people would notice it for themselves? id wager not many.

a 15% increase in battery size can be instantly appreciated however

Cipherr

"Today everything changes."

Until the iPhone 5, which will change everything. Again. Agian.

In roughly 5 or 6 months, so yeah... I mean thats how these go, the S4 and HTC Two will be there 5 or 6 months after the iP5. And round and round we go.

Ashhong

Pentile at these resolutions is a relatively minor thing. But its still a thing. The truth of the matter is there is a phone out with a better screen that the one in the S3. Theres is a phone out with a much more lovely design than the S3. And in the US, that very same phone will be out soon/now, and will use the same SoC making them all the same speed.

I agree, it's definitely a thing. But in this case, it such a minor thing. Phone choices at this point should be made based on software. If you prefered Sense over Touchwiz, I wouldn't say anything. That's a valid argument.

What is the Samsung Pin? Epic music and buildup but I missed the reveal..

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Holy shit, yeah maybe if you zoom in to that degree you can see it, but jesus you are out of your mind if you think you can see it in normal use.

EDIT:

Uhhhh so what was their "one last thing" surprise?

free pizza on the way out

SimleuqiR

do they? Last I read it was LG in the running *shudder*. Why would Samsung even want to do it again? Link me to where you've seen this rumour, I must see it as well.

Seems like something HTC/Sony would want to do at this point to re-establish themselves.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120425PD205.html

Since Samsung has become the top vendor of Android smartphones, Google will continue to have Samsung develop its next-generation Nexus models, leveraging Samsung's innovation ability with regard to the Android platform, and its ability to control the supply of key components, said sources.

nib95

Banned
Sold. Basically the perfect phone. And all this who ha about Pentile, when I used the Galaxy Nexus I couldn't even pick out the pixels. It's much a do about nothing.

Bonus points, Micro SD, removable battery, 2100mAh battery. Dayum.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I agree, it's definitely a thing. But in this case, it such a minor thing. Phone choices at this point should be made based on software. If you prefered Sense over Touchwiz, I wouldn't say anything. That's a valid argument.

What is the Samsung Pin? Epic music and buildup but I missed the reveal..

A kind of mini-store

d[-_-]b

Banned
Sold. Basically the perfect phone. And all this who ha about Pentile, when I used the Galaxy Nexus I couldn't even pick out the pixels. It's much a do about nothing.

Seconded...

reKon

Banned

This phone is almost guaranteed to have a better radio compared to the Nexus in terms of power efficiency right?

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(

agreed, 64GB model with a 32GB SD.....hell yeah.

Top Bottom