• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Bruiserk

If they are crappy third party bookmarks that you didn't add that cannot be deleted, you can try this: -

Settings - Applications manager - All

Then force stop this and disable it: -

com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks

Any other all do this? The process is not in the default app manager.

I know this has nothing to do with the S3 but I have a S2 (can't find any official threads for it) and I just got a 4.0.4 update for it and ever since then my battery has been draining much faster. Nothing has changed settings wise. I double checked and all of them are the same. No syncing or "push" updates are enabled, nor is GPS. Regardless the battery drains about 1% every 30 mins, doing absolutely nothing with 4G in ZzZ mode.

I could go over 24 hours before with moderate use and now its already hitting 20% after about just 8-10 hours.

surly

Banned
Any other all do this? The process is not in the default app manager.
And you definitely went to "All"?

In my case, that process only appeared with the most recent update to 4.1.2, which is also when a folder of bookmarks added by Samsung appeared that could not be deleted. Disabling that process got rid of the folder of bookmarks.

If your phone is branded, the bookmarks may have been added through some other means. Mine's unbranded, which made me somewhat pissed off at Samsung for forcing those bookmarks on me.

Bruiserk

And you definitely went to "All"?

In my case, that process only appeared with the most recent update to 4.1.2, which is also when a folder of bookmarks added by Samsung appeared that could not be deleted. Disabling that process got rid of the folder of bookmarks.

If your phone is branded, the bookmarks may have been added through some other means. Mine's unbranded, which made me somewhat pissed off at Samsung for forcing those bookmarks on me.

I went to all, got mine through Rogers (canada). Thanks for the help dude, I'll keep trying.

teiresias

Can anyone suggest a good TW-based ROM for the Sprint variant of the GS3? I've been running CM10 and now CM10.1, but the bugs in the bluetooth support are really starting to annoy me so I'm thinking of going back to a TW-based ROM that may have less issues in that area until CM10.1 gets a bit more mature (and CM10 suffered from many of the same issues so going back to that version isn't really an option either).

I use Apex Launcher so it being TW isn't that much of a problem, but I wouldn't mind a ROM that's skinned to look a bit more stock in the contacts and dialer and stuff like that if at all possible.

So I shattered the screen on my s3. Took it to a local repair shop ans they asked for 130 bucks. I said no way and left. Anyone had to have theirs replaced? If so how much were you charged?

saunderez

So I shattered the screen on my s3. Took it to a local repair shop ans they asked for 130 bucks. I said no way and left. Anyone had to have theirs replaced? If so how much were you charged?
$130 is a steal, the screen itself was over $200 when I had to replace mine and I did it myself.

Linkhero1

Haha that's so fucking cheap. All the local repair shops in the Bay Area are asking for $300. I sent it to Samsung and got it fixed for $180.

For those of us on Sprint, there is a new rom/radio leak for the phone on xda. I've only installed the radio, but it appears to have strengthened my signal some by the difference in db readings.

Raine

For those of us on Sprint, there is a new rom/radio leak for the phone on xda. I've only installed the radio, but it appears to have strengthened my signal some by the difference in db readings.

I hope that rom leak isn't final for 4.1.2. If so, it means no Premium Suite :(

I hope that rom leak isn't final for 4.1.2. If so, it means no Premium Suite :(

Yeah it's not, there have been some later rdf files which means new builds are coming, but these are encrypted so people don't know what's in them. 4.1.2 is pretty pointless anyway. I would assume at this point Samsung would give us 4.2 atleast.

Raine

Yeah it's not, there have been some later rdf files which means new builds are coming, but these are encrypted so people don't know what's in them. 4.1.2 is pretty pointless anyway. I would assume at this point Samsung would give us 4.2 atleast.

Oh nice. Yeah I really want to try multi-window though. Even if I have a feeling I'll use it once and never use it again lol.

What cases are you guys rocking? Almost all of the ones on Amazon are pure hideousness.

Rearth Slim.

On the same note of repairs, has anyone ever got a replacement device from ATT and shipped back their defective device?

I ask because my phone has been acting up and I received the replacement and will be shipping back my defective one but it has a slight, tiny, tiny knick at the top of the device on the silver bezel, how picky do you think they will be when inspecting the device??

MNC

Are the official Samsung Flip covers good for screen shattering protection or am I going to need something else?

Zoe

Suddenly today for some reason my texts to the bf's Google Voice number are being sent by my GV number. Anybody run into this?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Are the official Samsung Flip covers good for screen shattering protection or am I going to need something else?

Should be fine. I've been using my phone without a screen protector and just the Samsung Galaxy SIII Protective Case (blue), it's been fine.

notsol337

marked forever
I just wanted to say that I got to activate a red galaxy s3 today, and it's sexy as all hell.

*edit* I sold it to someone at a RadioShack, I use a Galaxy Note II! Sorry for the poor choice in wording.

kaskade

I just ordered a rearth case. I have a cimo one now in clear but my jeans basically dyed it blueish. It looked really nice beforehand.

Just ordered one of these for the wife. Any recommendations for a protective case? She has MS and is prone to dropping things..would like to keep the thing from breaking in the first week.

kwheaties

Can anyone suggest a good TW-based ROM for the Sprint variant of the GS3? I've been running CM10 and now CM10.1, but the bugs in the bluetooth support are really starting to annoy me so I'm thinking of going back to a TW-based ROM that may have less issues in that area until CM10.1 gets a bit more mature (and CM10 suffered from many of the same issues so going back to that version isn't really an option either).

I use Apex Launcher so it being TW isn't that much of a problem, but I wouldn't mind a ROM that's skinned to look a bit more stock in the contacts and dialer and stuff like that if at all possible.

I'm on sprint rocking wicked sensations with Nova Prime launcher. You get a nice blue themed rom with all the stock TW features along with tons of customization options...

BIGWORM

So, apparently a company on Amazon called ZeroLemon has a 6300maH extended battery. So big, in fact, it overlaps the microSD and SIM card placements. A reviewer posted up screenies of use for the weekened: 2d, 16h off one charge, almost 14 hours screen on time! I'm like 3 seconds away from ordering that bad boy!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:O :O

Oh man, I already get a shitload of use out of the 4000 one, god damn that is insane.

Edit: Just looked it up...god damn it is huge. Makes the anker one look like a baby. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

So yesterday my Nexus stopped taking any charge whatsoever and I also accidentally cracked the glass on it later so I need a new phone.

The SIV will be out in a few months, if rumor is to be believed. The damn thing will have an octa-core processor and two gigs of RAM supposedly.. I don't really need that but it would undeniably be cool to have.

Or I can just get an SIII now?

What would you guys do?

moojito

When people are making apps for phones, they're probably going on the assumption that a lot of people are using single core phones, still. My understanding is the dual core phones like the s2 are still doing pretty well, and there are only a couple of quad core ones even now. Is there anything that really taxes an s3? I certainly haven't seen anything slow mine down. I really don't think getting anything faster would be worth it right now.

So yesterday my Nexus stopped taking any charge whatsoever and I also accidentally cracked the glass on it later so I need a new phone.

The SIV will be out in a few months, if rumor is to be believed. The damn thing will have an octa-core processor and two gigs of RAM supposedly.. I don't really need that but it would undeniably be cool to have.

Or I can just get an SIII now?

What would you guys do?

Is that the Nexus One? I'm an S3 owner but I'd recommend going for the Nexus 4 or one of Sony's new phones. Touch Wiz skin sucks arse.

Here's a question: About twice a day it asks me to select my input method even though I select the Samsung keyboard repeatedly.

Is there any way to get it to stop asking me?

Zoe

This is really bothering me that texts are coming from my Google Voice number (at least when going to another GV number). Does that happen to anyone else?

RuGalz

This is really bothering me that texts are coming from my Google Voice number (at least when going to another GV number). Does that happen to anyone else?

Never seen that happen. I assume you tried clear defaults on Google Voice.

What is your favorite firmware (for the American variant)? I am currently using Cyanogen 10.1 nightly, but because Epic Citadel ran much worse for me than people on stock (~37 fps vs ~47 fps), I am considering changing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
What is your favorite firmware (for the American variant)? I am currently using Cyanogen 10.1 nightly, but because Epic Citadel ran much worse for me than people on stock (~37 fps vs ~47 fps), I am considering changing.

has cynaogenmod been good for you otherwise? nothing really taxes the s3 graphically so i might still be tempted to switch.

Top Bottom