• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

gibut

Anyone know when the Red will be available for ATT? Last i heard they said end of summer, so i'm guessing at least another 2 months?

isn't vellamo a qualcomm benchmark though?

I only really posted the other one because of the huge jump over the 4S in graphical capabilities hahaha. I really doubt there will be a difference in performance with any apps available today, but both versions have unique variations for futureproofing.

yep. that's the joke.

Lucario

Preordered the blue one (32GB) to replace an iPhone 4 with a dead speaker; my first Android phone, only got it because I'm afraid of my unlimited plan being stuck on 3g only with the weird plan changes Verizon is rolling out.

My only fear is it not fitting in my pocket. Otherwise, android is seeming like a dream after the obnoxious walled garden of the iPhone. Hopefully I'll be able to download apps over 20mb and sync music with more than one computer now >_>

Toki767

They're also still trying to get the One X banned still. It's just really ridiculous at this point. I swear Apple has infringed on a ton of patents on the iPhone as well.

Ecto311

didn't they say something like 9 million preorders already? Not surprising they'd want to try and stop that.

But what good does that do? What is the ideal outcome for apple? It's not like people are going to cancel the preorder and head to apple. Also Samsung is not going to stop the phone at this point. I understand they want to stop sales but it makes them look bad.

Red

But what good does that do? What is the ideal outcome for apple? It's not like people are going to cancel the preorder and head to apple. Also Samsung is not going to stop the phone at this point. I understand they want to stop sales but it makes them look bad.
"We just want people to invent their own stuff."

rozay

Banned
I actually had a lot of people asking me if the galaxy tab 10.1 was good and if they should buy one before it leaves shelves when it got banned in australia.

tfur

Yeah, I don't blame them. If that leak of the 4s stretch is real, I would be trying to ban every other phone on the market.

Zeppu

Wasn't it Voice Actions > Siri > S Voice?

WTF Apple, seriously? At this point it's obvious they're just scared of the competition.

Loxley

All comes back to that damning quote from Jobs' biography:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40bn in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs told Isaacson. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

They will murder you all you in the name of patent protection.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
All comes back to that damning quote from Jobs' biography:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40bn in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs told Isaacson. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

They will murder you all you in the name of patent protection.

well

...until his dying breath

...im just sayin

I love Apple products, but I hate everything they stand for.

How has them suing everyone for everything not come under the magnifying glass yet?

saunderez

I love Apple products, but I hate everything they stand for.

How has them suing everyone for everything not come under the magnifying glass yet?
Because they're not doing anything wrong. Until there is patent reform they're going to keep doing this. All the companies that agree to have their patents form part of standards get the rough end of the stick while Apple patents shit and gets injunctions for it.

Cipherr

I think what cracks me up the most, is the speed the mobile industry moves at. Like, what about that OneX ban? How did that work out? It kinda didnt, and even if it does, by then we will have a new hot phone that replaces it. They were going for a Galaxy Nexus ban, and that STILL hasnt happened and the OneX and S3 are here now and taking the spotlight.

It all moves to fast, and the HW manufacturers have gotten so used to it that they can merely design around or remove the infringing content and keep selling the phones. Who in the world is going to cry if S-Voice gets pulled?

Noone.... the phone will still sell millions.

tino

Banned
I think what cracks me up the most, is the speed the mobile industry moves at. Like, what about that OneX ban? How did that work out? It kinda didnt, and even if it does, by then we will have a new hot phone that replaces it. They were going for a Galaxy Nexus ban, and that STILL hasnt happened and the OneX and S3 are here now and taking the spotlight.

It all moves to fast, and the HW manufacturers have gotten so used to it that they can merely design around or remove the infringing content and keep selling the phones. Who in the world is going to cry if S-Voice gets pulled?

Noone.... the phone will still sell millions.

One X ban worked out great for Samsung. Maybe a S3 ban will work out great for Motorola?

Top Bottom