• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
countering-objections-1-e1339081026393.jpeg

They're both fine devices, but this seems...desperate

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/06/07/h...le-the-one-x-is-better-than-the-galaxy-s-iii/

Socreges

Banned
"Using removable battery requires the phone to be turned off"

....and?

If I was a sales rep and was given that, I would probably be even more inclined to promote the GSIII instead.

torontoml

"Using removable battery requires the phone to be turned off"

....and?

If I was a sales rep and was given that, I would probably be even more inclined to promote the GSIII instead.

I don't really understand what that is saying?

Also the SIII comes with 50 gigs of dropbox doesn't it?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

Gattsu25

Banned

Vyer

What are the best outlets for buying off contract phones like the One X or (eventually) the SIII? Now that my contract is up and I have an iPad for all my iOS apps, I'm considering giving an Android phone a spin.

just ordered a 16GB pebble blue off bestbuy.com says estimated arrival is mon-tuesday of next week. hope that's the case and the apple think doesn't stop it D:

methodman

Banned
Just preordered from AT&T. So Hyped. Anyone got some good cases for this thing + screen protectors? I let my little cousin's use my phone often, and they drop it + scratched the shit out of my iphone 3gs. Don't want the same thing to happen to this baby.

for the verizon preorder, do you pay the full amount when preordering online, or do they not bill you until the phone ships?

either way i am tremendously excited for this phone. finally getting away from my droid 2

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
They're using that because they know it will convince the average stupid consumer.

Anybody who knows anything obviously wouldn't be convinced by those silly arguments. Anyone who knows anything wouldn't take counsel from a retail in an electronics store on phones anyway.

I can guarantee most of the consumers that need to be made arguments to don't even know what Dropbox is.

ep85

I am so torn between both the HTC one X and the GsIII i need to see both of them in person and play around with them :'(
I feel you, man. That's what I'm gonna do. Although I'm leaning towards the gs3 due to larger battery and dat RAM.

Just got mine in. I didn't realise quite how thin it would be (or how large the screen is) compared to my sadly defunct iPhone 3GS. :D

What's the deal? Is the quad core much better than the US dual we are getting?

Actual real world use, the Dual Core Snapdragon chip performs just as well as the quad core in the international version.

In fact in some ways the Dual core snapdragon is a better chip, and you'd probably get longer battery life with it. At least for LTE versions, since the Quad core version to have LTE needs to have another chip added to it to support LTE. The Qualcomm Snapdragon chip has it built in.

Good article on the Snapdragon S4. http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...ormance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks

*edit*

Pre-ordered mine through Verizon. Got the 16 gig version, hope it ships sooner than the July date they're saying.

Top Bottom