• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

3 phones in total from Amazon, and 3 re-certified replacements from Verizon (which were on average, better than the new ones from Amazon). Finally staying with the 6th one I think.

WOW!! whats wrong with them??

any change stores will carry the GS3 tomorrow? seem like its only preorders.

Babalu.

what the fuck tmobile. you fuckers.

been waiting for this shit since it was announced before "hercules" galaxy 2.

My shitty galaxy 1 is fucking up nonstop now.

Delay it? Fine I can understand that. But WTF at your bitchass prices.

Doing research now where I can take my 4 line family plan to because fuck tmobile.

Toki767

Two of the three Best Buys around here are confirming the week delay. The other one still expects to launch tomorrow. Not sure yet though if they will. Seems like they won't. I really want to use up my gift cards otherwise I would've preordered

Violater

NJ

what 4G? lol
KuGsj.gif

Louisiana.

What's 3G?
That bad huh?

TheTowel

I'm on sprint. Some places it's manageable. Pretty bad otherwise. Waiting on 4g to drop. Probably be December when it finally launches in Los Angeles.

barrin87

Never realized there were other people who actually had sprint on gaf.
Location?
and how is that 4g?

I have Sprint in UT and I haven't had a single issue with my service ever. I don't turn my 4G on ever since I am not in locations that have it that often though.

Is there a difference with the SIII between carriers other than how well their services work?

I currently have the EVO 4G but my contract is pretty much over and the SIII looks really sleek. I am still debating on whether I want this phone or not.

FYI: I went into a Sprint store today and they told me that they aren't getting any of the SIII phones until next week because preorders exceeded the amount they were expecting.

I have Sprint in UT and I haven't had a single issue with my service ever. I don't turn my 4G on ever since I am not in locations that have it that often though.

Is there a difference with the SIII between carriers other than how well their services work?

I currently have the EVO 4G but my contract is pretty much over and the SIII looks really sleek. I am still debating on whether I want this phone or not.

FYI: I went into a Sprint store today and they told me that they aren't getting any of the SIII phones until next week because preorders exceeded the amount they were expecting.

haha EVO 4G. rocking my half dead one still.

teiresias

I'm still using my EVO 4G on Sprint as well, running Cyanogenmod 7 on it since the ROM came out and it's been working great - and still does - I just need a change. I never really bothered with the WiMax 4G, even when I lived in Richmond, VA that's covered in it I was never able to keep 4G signal inside buildings. I'm a little worried about that with Sprint's upcoming LTE 4G too due to the wavelength they're using for it, but we'll see.

UPS is now saying my 16GB Blue S3 should be delivered tomorrow!!

Pachimari

Just tried it out at the shop yesterday, I liked the camera features of burst mode, and it selecting the best shot. Also loved playing with the gimmicky stuff like taking a screen-cap and using motion to turn pages etc.

massoluk

Banned
Ok, can't buy it online w/o contract for T-mobile. Chat with online Rep, no deal.
Well, hats off to you T-Mobile, you actually managed to make me frustrated enough to crawl back to AT&T. May get International version or just do contract with AT&T now. Bye.

Tons of people over at xda are reporting there's being shipped. The vast majority being the blue model though and only a handful of the white ones. Unfortunately for me I pre ordered a white model.

Premier White Ordered on 6/6 at 5am CST. Still back ordered :-(

atomsk

Party Pooper
Scheduled For Delivery On:
Thursday, 06/21/2012, By End of Day

Just moved into this house last week, so no idea what time UPS usually shows up...

Guess I'll wait around and see how bad Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor really is.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So what are the official accessories?

I saw the case/cover. I also saw a wireless video solution, and a dock that charges but no video?

Just tried it, its very fast but the design is horrible quite frankly. Saw the white one, i put the Galaxy Nexus, the SII above it design wise....

Just tried it, its very fast but the design is horrible quite frankly. Saw the white one, i put the Galaxy Nexus, the SII above it design wise....

Going from the GS2 to the GS3, I thought the same but you get used to it and then start to feel that it's a great design. And even though I have a case, I don't think I'll ever use it apart from when I go out to the pub.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I've had Sprint for a long time in the Chicago area, unlimited data plus employee discount from a job i quit 3 years ago is so good. Never had any problems, never drop calls. I have an iPhone 4S and the 3G coverage is good, the actual speed.. not so much.

On topic my girl is going to t-mobile to get a GS3 on her lunch break, hopefully.

just realized my best buy order is backordered. fml.

i blame it on the bro saying he wanted to preorder to. waste the first day it appeared because of him D:

atomsk

Party Pooper
here's a little old phone/new phone (taken with shitty ipod camera)

uSNQ8.jpg

"fully charge battery before you activate"

aw man

_RT_

Just received my white 16-gig Galaxy.
Anyone else notice that this thing gets much hotter than previous phones?
My Evo was freezing compared to this.

Darkkn

Anyone else notice that this thing gets much hotter than previous phones?
My Evo was freezing compared to this.

Yeah it's a bit ridiculous. I hope they specced this thing to handle it.

Still loving this phone after a week of use. Even better now that I've done some customization like disabling s-voice and replacing the keyboard with SwiftKey 3.

Top Bottom