• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

dayam I should have gotten the S4 with the contract instead of the htc One, and just pay full price on off contract One and pay contract price on the S4.

639$ for a 16gig model is expensive...

Looks like AT&T only has 16GB White. Luckily thats what I wanted :)

I preordered around 7am EST. I don't love the price, but the sale of my mint iPhone 5 will make most of that up.

Huh, saying the preorder is not available in Raleigh, NC. Well, I would want black anyway.

Sucks that we'll have to basically pre-order this without an in-depth review if we want it anytime soon.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
GS4_Verizon_Black_400x400_large1_HERO_1.jpg

Well, at least it doesn't have the patented VERIZON button

VERIZON

It's working for me now.

So, what is it GAF? Black or White?

I like the back of the black better but She's gonna be in a snap type case that will cover the back so I went with the white.

Now I gotta find a case. Can anyone recommend a good S3 case? I'm sure they'll be making an S4 version.

I've been rolling with an Elago iPhone 5 case. They haven't released an S4 case yet.

FinKL

Always bet on black. Though white looks good too, I'm going with black because I think the slim black bezel will look good with content that does have black bars.

Here's an example on what I'm talking about on the iPhone 4
imNcjokbCI4p.jpg

Mesoian

dayam I should have gotten the S4 with the contract instead of the htc One, and just pay full price on off contract One and pay contract price on the S4.

639$ for a 16gig model is expensive...

Yeah...

Honeslty though, I was expecting 850 unlocked for a Verizon model. 650 or 700 might be worth it.

Pre-ordered from AT&T last night. Black Mist, 16GB (why bother with higher capacity when MicroSD is so cheap?). Anything reviews/previews to hype me while I wait?

FinKL

So to be clear, I can order the phone from their website on the 24th off-contract?

Yes, though I would find out if there is a "select" t-mobile store that will sell it on the 24th so I could get it the same day.

The press release is confusing, because it doesn't tell you what a "select" T-mobile store is...

Starting April 24, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 will be available online AND at select T-Mobile retail stores.

It will also launch nationally through select dealers and national retail stores starting May 1.

Yes, though I would find out if there is a "select" t-mobile store that will sell it on the 24th so I could get it the same day.

The press release is confusing, because it doesn't tell you what a "select" T-mobile store is...

Starting April 24, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 will be available online at select T-Mobile retail stores.

It will also launch nationally through select dealers and national retail stores starting May 1.

I can't wait that long. I need this phone in my veins. Thanks, I'll check out my local T-Mobile stores.

EDIT: Just called up my T-Mobile store and they don't know anything but they said they'd call me if they hear anything new. Guy was really nice.

FinKL

Duh, my wording was wrong, I've corrected it to read, available April 24th Online & at select retail stores. But yea, I'll be calling around to see if I can find out what stores are getting it on the 24th.

.GqueB.

Banned
Hahah god damn, Verizon even manages to ruin two characters "4G" with tacky ass font. (I'm from Canada so I've never seen it before)

Not even sure why it's there. Like who's it for? I'm buying the phone knowing it has 4G so why is it needed. For whenever I turn the phone over I'm reminded I have 4G? Weirdos.

Biff

Canadian carriers are all dickheads but for some reason they don't brand their logos all over our beautiful phones.

One of the only things they ever got right.

Also, I just saw a Black S3 import... So now I've seen firsthand red, white, pebble blue and black S3 variants. Conclusion: This phone is made for black.

Not even sure why it's there. Like who's it for? I'm buying the phone knowing it has 4G so why is it needed. For whenever I turn the phone over I'm reminded I have 4G? Weirdos.

Just as with the huge logos on the lids of laptops, it's not for you. It's for the guy idly watching you use the device. Basically it's advertising that is put on your device.

Canadian carriers are all dickheads but for some reason they don't brand their logos all over our beautiful phones.

One of the only things they ever got right.

Also, I just saw a Black S3 import... So now I've seen firsthand red, white, pebble blue and black S3 variants. Conclusion: This phone is made for black.

have you seen the Amber Brown one? that one looks SSSSSCCCCCIIIIIIIIKKKKKK

.GqueB.

Banned
Just as with the huge logos on the lids of laptops, it's not for you. It's for the guy idly watching you use the device. Basically it's advertising that is put on your device.

That always seemed like an aesthetic kind of thing. Back of a phone is so bizarre. They'd only see it when a picture was being taken of them. Put that shit on the front yo. Right on the button!

Samus4145

So no date from Verizon for the S4 and no HTC One either.

The hell is Verizon thinking? Should i jump ship? Plan ends in a couple weeks.

Any ideas on Verizon? I don't really follow this but have been waiting patiently. I still have a thunderbolt and my battery life is about 1.5 hours.

I have a droid dna but have an upgrade available. I know its not quite the leap, bit the dna has all been since abandoned for support for everything. Would it be worth it to upgrade?

Top Bottom