• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfection.

That whole second half was a masterpiece. Amazing sense of tension, and incredible action. And this is just the second episode.

Like, holy shit. I can't believe I just watched something that good.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
That was my first Samurai Jack episode. Didn't care too much for the artstyle. But the story was intense.

Stoze

Yeah that was phenomenal. Gorgeous art and animation, tense the whole way through.

Also it dawned on me that after two episodes Jack still hasn't said anything to anyone except himself yet.

Yeah that was phenomenal. Gorgeous art and animation, tense the whole way through.

Also it dawned on me that after two episodes Jack still hasn't said anything to anyone except himself yet.

Based on the preview (and all the trailers), episode 3 seems to explicitly avoid this.

TheFlow

Banned
The animation was so good this episode. Like I was in amazement every scene.

Jack running through the rain and the pursuit <3.

I loved how fast and quick the last fight was 1vs1.

benbeaux

Banned
That was a goddamn work of art. The colors, the action, the tension, the soundtrack. Everything was perfectly on point, and oh so good. Like, I can't even believe I just watched something that good.

Genndy's a god.

CDiggity

That was even better than the first episode. I guess my only fear at this point is that this is the peak in terms of quality, but I have faith in Genndy da God.

Neoxon

This was Tyler Bates at his best, hopefully he brings his A-game for GotG Vol. 2.

But yeah, that episode was a work of art.

What was up with the thing with the white wolf and green tigers? I guess it was just an analogy thingy?

gotta keep it artsy and also at 22 minutes somehow

EDIT: this is also the reason Aku spends like 5 minutes stretching his weird tree body out in some episodes while you wouldn't see something similar in an 11-minute show like, say, Steven Universe

ZarKryn7

243.gif

TheFlow

Banned
The wolf died, just like a piece of Jack died by killing his first actual human, symbolism.
Thought they were showing how both the wolf and jack had a choice of what path to go down. They both chided the wrong path but jack managed to survive

I don't normally give out 10/10 for stuff but seriously, Episode 54 was definitely a 10/10. Watch this episode...even if you never seen any of the previous episodes...this one can be admired standalone.

Geist-

2 episodes and they are already 2 of the best episodes of the entire series.

I just loved every minute of it and the animation is top tier.

With a the stuff happening with Jack, and the world the Aku parts feel super out of place.

I think it worked well as a nice dose of humor before we got into the super serious stuff. Especially going to be appreciated if you're marathoning the series later on since it's a breather moment

Zackat

now I don't watch a lot of animated shows, but while I was watching I thought this was some incredible stuff. I guess I was thinking right.

bPZkn1u.gif

OH MY FUCKING GAWWWSH! HOW INCREDIBLE WAS THAT EPISODE?
The fights, the animation, the art, the intensity.
Jack looks like he's been through a lot in these past 50 years. Lost is sword and his purpose in life. He's seeing his own ghost, talking to it and thinking about killing himself. I was like GoSH! The beginning part with Aku was funny, but like y'all said in the thread It's going take some getting used to that new voice like for real. That was funny though. Reminded me of when moms and relatives will yell at you for bringing mud in the house off your shoes.

We've never seen Jack take an ass whooping like this since he fought the guardian, but this shit was even better than that. OOH! Remember that part where they were in that tomb? That shit was intense as fuck.

GIdaRLt.gif

When they entered the room with all the stone caskets, I thought Jack might've been pretending to be that skeleton. When he was hiding I was wondering if they'd really be able to see that small speck of light produced from that firefly, but apparently so. The person who trained those daughters of Aku know how to train some fucking assassins. Great with weapons, can fight in the dark and underwater. Those are some bad bitches! Jack looked utterly shocked when he saw that was a human. He didn't seem to mad about it though. Couldn't pull out that blade. I thought he might have legit died there with how slow he was moving and you know those girls are fast. The shit with the animals was beautiful too, but I was trying to figure out what the deal was with that. That blood was incredible though. Can't believe that little thing took all those out, but it cost it its life.
I AM SO READY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. I WANT TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES! NOW!

I'm grown, but bouncing around like I'm 5 right now.

Ogodei

With a the stuff happening with Jack, and the world the Aku parts feel super out of place.

It's always fun when the villain is also the comic relief, because the switch between them as the clown and them as the antagonist is always fun to watch, hence why folks like Joker are so popular, or a Disney villain like Hades who was rife with visual gags compared to someone like Judge Frollo.

My God, that episode was straight up amazing.

Like, possibly the best episode of Jack ever. And we're only on episode two. Can't remember the last time I saw something like that wolf parallel in an animated show, let alone TV in general.

Need to let it sit for a bit, but man. So good.

Xe4

Banned
Damn, that episode was great. Like among the best SJ episodes ever great. I knew basically what was coming by spoiling myself with early impressions, yet was still taken aback by what happened in that second half.

Jack's right, he's never faced an enemy like that before, and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Aku was good. Obviously not as great as if he was voiced by Mako, but I have no doubt Greg did the best possible Aku that he could, and I'm sure Mako is proud. RIP Man : )

It's good seeing Aku still be humorous, as that was a super refreshing part of the first four seasons. No doubt, the Scotsman will be equally hilarious when we see him.

I fucking wish I didn't have to wait another week. Damn you Genndy, DAMN YOU!!!
Seriously though, thank you Genndy, that was fantastic.

I like how quickly they dropped the whole "best Beetle Drone yet" thing, because that probably would have been drawn out into an entire episode during the original run.

Thought they were showing how both the wolf and jack had a choice of what path to go down. They both chided the wrong path but jack managed to survive

I took it in a different way - I mean, considering the daughters of Aku are tailing him, Jack's only other "path" in this case was to kill himself, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom