• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting factoid: The Thing title sequence was created by putting a garbage bag over the letters inside a fish tank. They shone a light through the fish tank to "illuminate" the letters and burned the bag while filming from the "front" of the tank. I believe they also incorporated a fog around the tank to blend it.

You always need some fog to make the lights shafts pop out.

Zubz

Banned
found this
mH72fOL.gif

Man, I love this character. It sucks he was killed off early, but I think they just wanted another example of
a quirky robot assassin of the week in the premiere before dealing with the ramifications of Jack having to kill living, breathing humans

Cool shot:

cTDg4bA.gif

The letterboxing doubles as the floor

Ok, now that's dope.

TWILT

Banned
Finally got around to catching the new episode. T'was great; it's been so long and I've almost forgotten how much I really miss this show lol. Definitely got Breath of the Wild vibes from watching the episode haha.

I'm probably going to write my thoughts up later in a more fleshed out manner, but having watched XCII a couple of times now, and planning to watch it more, that is 10/10 TV. Period. I'm honestly of the opinion that the comedic timing leading up to Scaramouche saying "Saaaaamuraiiii Jaaaaack" is amazing. The first time I watched the episode, I was almost crying laughing. Tom Kenny nailed that role. It was also the first time in that episode that it screamed "Jack is Back" to me. The juggling of the more serious and light-hearted tones was done extremely well.

I love how Scaramouche says it the very first time, because it's almost completely different from how he speaks during the rest of the episode. It's like they got Tom Kenny to plug his nose when he said it the first time.

"sssEMUREI jEeEeECK"

EDIT: also, been thinking about something from episode 1 -
what if we're dealing with a Bleach situation and the horse guy in Jack's psyche is a manifestation of his sword?
Going off of the color theory used all throughout the episode, they line up in some capacity.

The first ep was great and gorgeous, love the updated animation while still achieving the old style and cinematic framing. Felt perfect, like the show never left.

I love that. I love everything about that. Im just imagining Aku
ordering a bunch of pizzas and eating his feelings away while watching cartoons

It would be so him lol.

Just noticed that Greg Baldwin is the new VA for Aku, who was also the new VA for Iroh. I haven't looked that much into Greg before, but now I see that apparently he was Mako's understudy and student. I feel he did fine with Iroh, so I sure the same will be with Aku.

Yeah, really glad they got him for this, he did a great job as Iroh in a tough spot in both the rest of TLA and Korra.

TheFlow

Banned
I think the green samurai is a part of jacks subconscious. It is shown the sword went flying down a dark hole. So it wasn't like he was defeated

Zahn

Neo Member
Part of me hopes that we learn about what happen to that baby Jack saved in the last few episodes of the original run of Samurai Jack.

Xe4

Banned
Yeah but that's the Scotsman's wife.

The Scotsman's wife is probably the most powerful person in that universe. Doubly so if you call her fat. She could beat the guardian with her pinky finger, whilst screaming Scottishly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
man I am in love with that first episode. it's like

genndy: "alright fuck it what are we gonna do for season 5"

john: "character arcs?"
linda: "what if Jack still hasn't won, and he's getting old, and time is running out?"
greg: "...how about let's just fuck Jack's shit up until it's Berserk."

genndy: "greg you're a fucking genius"

While I'm not sure on the BOTW thing, it did occur to me recently that Jack's blade is pretty much the Master Sword.
Its not literally Breath of the wild but consider:

- a Knight who was trained since childhood to fight the biggest evil in the land.

- gets defeated and transported to a future where the evil has won.

And now with this season:
- Knight doesn't have have his magical evil defeating sword anymore. He uses weapons he finds on the battlefield and from defeated enemies.

- Knight doesn't have his token tunic anymore. Uses armors he finds throughout his adventures

zeemumu

- a Knight who was trained since childhood to fight the biggest evil in the land.

- Knight doesn't have have his magical evil defeating sword anymore. He uses weapons he finds on the battlefield and from defeated enemies.

- Knight doesn't have his token tunic anymore. Uses armors he finds throughout his adventures

I'll only accept this if Jack journies into a land where the moon is gonna fall in 3 days

Tansut

Finally got around to watching this after I had it DVRed. It's like the show never left.

7 Toddler Face Punches / 7

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming

I likened it to Dark Souls with you using the equipment, weapons and armor of your slain foes.

Xe4

Banned
I just got out of a dinner outing, so I'm going to miss it live : (

I'll enjoy reading the reactions later though.

LotusHD

Banned

Also fought a stone golem.

----

6 more minutes!

I don't get it, I was able to log in last weekend to watch using my Time Warner/Spectrum log in. Now I only see Charter/Spectrum. This blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom