• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

7Yfk7C9.gif

IronRinn

Jesus fuck these episodes are so good. The scene in the woods with the snow was part classic samurai film plus Looney Toons episode, with those huge swaths of white/blank page. Loved how twisted Jack's psyche looked in the cave and the black and red of Jack and the wolf and the flashbacks and Jack going Beast Mode. Just everything.

This season is going to be amazing to watch in one shot when it's done.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Those assassins didn't choose though. That was circumstance for them.
Yeah. They were never shown affection, so didn't understand it when they saw it with the deer. Incredibly tragic. I'm glad some of the antagonists have been grey like this.

zeemumu

Ok so I think the one he unmasked is still gonna be alive and they're gonna become allies and whatnot.

Jack doesn't know that.

YAY GREY MORALITY

I think the unmasked one and the one with the spear survived the fall, and the unmasked one will end up joining Jack after having her allegiances tested by killing the one with the spear. They were the only ones who weren't injured in the fight.

I think the unmasked one and the one with the spear survived the fall, and the unmasked one will end up joining Jack after having her allegiances tested by killing the one with the spear. They were the only ones who weren't injured in the fight.

Yup. Both of them will be in the wild for a while though while Jack goes and tries to recover his sword.

Fucking brutal this episode. The deaths were insanely quick.

Zubz

Banned
Those assassins didn't choose though. That was circumstance for them.

All this emphasis on choice definitely has me thinking this'll be addressed. Both the ones dropped before Ashii seemed pretty beaten whereas Ashii was just dropped for talking shit. I think she might be the only survivor.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
All this emphasis on choice definitely has me thinking this'll be addressed. Both the ones dropped before Ashii seemed pretty beaten whereas Ashii was just dropped for talking shit. I think she might be the only survivor.

I have zero doubt she's going to play a significant part in whatever happens in the rest of the season. They've been building her up for it.

Xe4

Banned
Great episode, thought it was even better than 2 (though I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to that, lol). Wonder what next episode is, maybe him trying to find his sword? Should be a nice breather after those two headspinning episodes, damn.

Yup. Both of them will be in the wild for a while though while Jack goes and tries to recover his sword.

Fucking brutal this episode. The deaths were insanely quick.

Yep, I was like how he'd get so beast after last episode he was struggling? And then when he threw the weapon away I was like "The Fuck are You Doing?" But he got their asses.

Eblo

My man was swordless, outnumbered, nursing a stitched wound, and almost naked in the snow. Imagine him in ideal conditions.

zeemumu

Man Jack took care of them like it was nothing.

That flashback with his dad was basically "Son, you're gonna have to stab someone at some point in your life. Ya gotta be cool with that."

He was trying pretty hard to get them to turn around, but because they know nothing but killing Jack, that was really never going to be an option for them.

Their brainwashing is eventually going to fall apart when they start to realize that they were lied to about Aku wanting to preserve a beautiful world.

You don't get Tara Strong to voice a throwaway character, usually.

I thought that was Grey DeLisle

TheFlow

Banned
My man was swordless, outnumbered, nursing a stitched wound, and almost naked in the snow. Imagine him in ideal conditions.

Think the point was to show Jack needed to go back to the basics to defeat these people. rather than rely on armor and tech.

TheShah

Daughters of Aku got annihilated. Makes sense that their training ain't shit compared learning from Shaolin Monks, Vikings, Africans, Greeks, Egyptiaions, etc. Not to mention 50 years of life or death battles with robots, aliens, and demons. Can't fuck with Jack. Hopefully Jack is more sympathetic when he hears of their upbringing though.

vypek

Toonami still doing game reviews I see. They just did a quick one of the first Metal Gear Solid.

I think that is part of their campaign on being 20 years old. Doing throwback videos from their past like that 1999 one.

I don't know how often they review but they did it for Horizon recently

Seda

Grey DeLisle was the Matron. Ashi is voiced by Tara Strong. Which makes the Ilana (SBT) visual similarity a bit more amusing.

Saturday

Monstrous Jack Hallucination: You've finally taken a human life! Are you willing to live with the possibility of taking more?!

Jack: Yeah.

[PUNCHES ASSASSIN SO HARD THEIR NECK SNAPS]

Ogodei

Ashi's definitely alive. Jack falling down like she did was more than a cliffhanger, it's a clue, if they don't make it explicit at the beginning of the next episode, anyway.

That foreshadowing though with the male and female deer.... one of the surviving daughters is going to fall in love with jack and vice versa 🤔🤔

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That foreshadowing though with the male and female deer.... one of the surviving daughters is going to fall in love with jack and vice versa ����

To the point I wonder if this season ends with him going to the past like they keep telling us.....or maybe him finally finding some happiness/meaning in the future

Zubz

Banned
Love this. Basically everything from here on out is new material that we haven't seen in any trailers or prerelease stuff.

Yup. I checked. Only things we're missing are
a monster fight and the Scotsman.

I like how they built up the Daughters and/or Armored Jack to be such a big thing in every trailer, seeing how they're already gone 3/10 into the season.

Geist-

The first half of the episode almost had me in tears. He was so broken down, especially when monstrous Jack showed up. Then he makes a comeback thanks to wolf bro and demolishes the Aku Sister Squad. Just...holy shit, what an amazing show.

Yup. I checked. Only things we're missing are
a monster fight and the Scotsman.

I like how they built up the Daughters and/or Armored Jack to be such a big thing in every trailer, seeing how they're already gone 3/10 into the season.

The plot could go anywhere at this point which I'm excited for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom