• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
A little bit off topic but if you're interested in a very good and well done parody of Samurai Jack and missed it like I did you should watch Duck Dodgers S02E11 "Samurai Quack" episode.

They definitely did their research on this, you can easily see that they're fans of it.

You can watch it on YouTube, I highly recommend it especially... Just watch it for yourself!

Also, spoiler warning in the video recommended list for the episode 2 of S05 of Samurai Jack.
They actually brought Genndy on board for the episode, which is a big reason why. Though, it's obvious they were fans of the show as well.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_onabs3ch7c1sh6qq5o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_onabs3ch7c1sh6qq5o4_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_onabs3ch7c1sh6qq5o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_onabs3ch7c1sh6qq5o3_r1_1280.jpg

Nil from those ventures considering he is talking to Adult Swim about this very thing.

Seems like a waste tbh. Not that adult swim won't deliver what he wants in all of its glory, but how much budget and an audience could they realistically offer vs Netflix?

Still though, happy to get more from him. But he should have learned that dealing with any CN seems like a bad idea lol

edit:

On a different note has anyone posted the verge interview? He answers two questions that have been discussed in this thread
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/1...genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Seems like a waste tbh. Not that adult swim won't deliver what he wants in all of its glory, but how much budget and an audience could they realistically offer vs Netflix?

Still though, happy to get more from him. But he should have learned that dealing with any CN seems like a bad idea

Adult Swim is creating some really great content. Season 2 and 3 of FLCL are coming out thanks to them for example.

Jigolo

I've finally caught all the way up after rewatching the whole original series and S5E2 was amazing. Not diggin Aku's new VA

Having rewatched the entire series I can safely say S3 > S1 > S4 > S2

Xe4

Banned
Darn it, I completely missed today's new episode. :(
Todays episode didn't air yet You still have time.
To be more specific, it airs at 11:00 ET tonight on CN/AS's Toonami block.

I've finally caught all the way up after rewatching the whole original series and S5E2 was amazing. Not diggin Aku's new VA

Having rewatched the entire series I can safely say S3 > S1 > S4 > S2
Yeah, Greg Baldwin is good, but obviously no Mako. He admits as much himself; unfortunate, but death is a thing that happens sometimes.

If I was to rank the series after a rewatch recently as well, it would be S4>S3>S1>S2. Though they were all great, I thought S4 had the highest number of "fantastic" episodes, and I thought S1 and S2 were still finding their footing.

Jigolo

To be more specific, it airs at 11:00 ET tonight on CN/AS's Toonami block.

Yeah, Greg Baldwin is good, but obviously no Mako. He admits as much himself; unfortubate, but death is a thing that happens sometimes.

If I was to rank the series after a rewatch recently as well, it would be S4>S3>S1>S2. Though they were all great, I thought S4 had the highest number of "fantastic" episodes, and I thought S1 and S2 were still finding their footing.

Didn't know he'd passed. RIP

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
kinda interested in when my avy appears in the show.

I kind of feel it'll be the next episode, due to how the last episode ended. He was bleeding, he leapt in water, he was mostly naked, it just all adds up to me that it seems likely it's some scene from the next episode.

TheFlow

Banned
I kind of feel it'll be the next episode, due to how the last episode ended. He was bleeding, he leapt in water, he was mostly naked, it just all adds up to me that it seems likely it's some scene from the next episode.
The only thing is he has his sword in the pic but the preview trailers show him using other weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom