• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
Buy the season on Amazon. If you're asking for piracy advice in gaf, don't.

I meant more official sources obviously. How long does Amazon take to get the episodes up? Cause if that's the easiest way I'll just grab the season pass. Also is it tied to their specific video player or?

cntr

Banned
Either watch the episodes live, DVR them, or watch them on Amazon. Hulu will probably have it after the series ends.

Anung

Un Rama
Either watch the episodes live, DVR them, or watch them on Amazon. Hulu will probably have it after the series ends.

Yeah unfortunately my last two Saturday's have been interrupted with plans. Just gonna buy from Amazon as I can't wait however long for a Blu Ray release.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah unfortunately my last two Saturday's have been interrupted with plans. Just gonna buy from Amazon as I can't wait however long for a Blu Ray release.

iTunes has the season pass, too, if you wanted an additional option.

zeemumu

THE SAMURAI IS IN THE MAILBOX

"He's acting crazy! RUN!"

Man the use of colors on this show is something else.

Spear and unmasked. The other one got punched so hard her neck snapped. If she's alive she's paralyzed from the neck down and will be left to die as per their training.

I'm 90% sure that Jack falling was a Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero reference. I've watched it a few times and he does the exact same flailing.

joe2187

Banned
So I saw this antler samurai somewhere before and lo and behold....he is an actual historical samurai.

tadakatsu_samurai.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Tadakatsu

Just saw ep 94, holy shit did this get dark.

Even after pointing out what an exceptional situation it was for Jack, it was still really unsettling to see him go full homicidal. Ditto for the knife wound scene, I physically cringed.

Exodust

Banned
Man that episode was great. I really like how they resolved why Jack must kill them, it was very much like a Samurai movie.

I have a feeling Ashi will last, but I sincerely doubt romance or anything like teaming up with Jack will happen. Maybe she'll be defeated but alive and not sure what to do now, and they'll leave it at that.

I meant more official sources obviously. How long does Amazon take to get the episodes up? Cause if that's the easiest way I'll just grab the season pass. Also is it tied to their specific video player or?

Some time next day. It's what I'm doing, and the couple of hours I have to wait isn't too bad.

And yes it'll be their video player. It actually runs pretty good, as does all their apps. I watch it on my bluray player.

olag

I expected something else when the two deers started kissing. <_< .................>_> I am not a horrible person.

Awesome episode yet again. Im thinking the wolf is probably going to be a reoccurring theme/character.
Also, Im guessing at least 2 of the daughters survived.

Samurai Jack 503
God this show continues to outclass so much generic anime with its visuals and artstyles. When Jack enters the cave all bloodied up it looks gorgeous. All of the sequence with the wolf was sweet and continues to display the show's rule of showing vs telling. Jack is a man of few words.

The battle sequence at the end though. Simple yet brutal. Jack has finally gotten over his
fear of killing another human
and it made for the most intense battle scene in the show. God this show. Everything they've done is just right. Genndy Tartarsauce is the true master.

Gotta get back. Back to washing my pants.

Is he supposed to be like some kind of Grim Reaper of the series?

honestly it's probably supposed to be Jack's inner turmoil or true potential/final form haunting him for going around wallowing in self pity. Now that he has gotten over his fear of
killing
maybe we'll start seeing who this figure is supposed to be .

Anung

Un Rama
Some time next day. It's what I'm doing, and the couple of hours I have to wait isn't too bad.

And yes it'll be their video player. It actually runs pretty good, as does all their apps. I watch it on my bluray player.

That's good stuff. A huge wait would be killer. Not of fan having to use their player but I'll go for it anyway.

Numb

Show their untainted innocence then murder
They'll never know what affection is
Just animals jamming their facing

Show continues to be the best thing on TV right now imo, which is saying something because there's a lot of quality programming going on.

The Jack/Wolf staredown when they are basically just expressionist arrays of blood streaks was stunning.

Snow showdown was awesome, as expected. I like how the kills come quick and aren't lingered on, it makes Jack's acceptance of his need to kill feel more impactful and resolute.

Next episode looks lit. Bring on them colors.

Kinyou

Was this really the first time Jack killed? What about the bounty hunters? Would kind of lessen that old episode if he didn't kill those guys.

I'm gonna be contrarian here and say that I don't see Ashii or any of the other Daughters being a thing past this point.
I'm certain Ashii will show up again. She has main character hair

ABUKPvN.jpg

Jocund

Was this really the first time Jack killed? What about the bounty hunters? Would kind of lessen that old episode if he didn't kill those guys.

Tartakovsky said in an interview that he considers the bounty hunters aliens. Apparently they don't count as people

Xe4

Banned
This has got good caption material guys.
mw9zMn.gif
There's a small animation error here. When shes's screaming it shows him holding the spikey thing, but with a close up, it's wrapped around his arm.

In episode 2. There was also shot or two where there were 8 daughters of Aku instead of 7. I'm not sure if that was intentional or an error, but probably an error.

In a real life situation, would a wolf really help you out if you are in their cave injure?
In this real life situation, are you an ancient samurai sent to the future by a maniacal demigod where his rule is law!?

I'm certain Ashii will show up again. She has main character hair

ABUKPvN.jpg

Ashi, and Ilana (the girl in the picture) also have the same VA, Tara Strong. lol

B33

Banned
Are there any screens of Jack when he
first enters the cave
?

I'd like it as a reference for something and my browser won't let me screenshot it through Amazon's video player.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There's a small animation error here. When shes's screaming it shows him holding the spikey thing, but with a close up, it's wrapped around his arm.

In episode 2. There was also shot or two where there were 8 daughters of Aku instead of 7. I'm not sure if that was intentional or an error, but probably an error.
First episode of the season is that there's a short instance where Jack's beard isn't colored while fighting the beetles.

Jocund

Ah ok. Sounds a bit like a copout but since it doesn't lessen the impact of the episode I don't mind.

Yeah it's a little flimsy. I thought it was weird that Blue Phantom Jack kept using the phrase "HOOMAN BEING" instead of just living person, and I guess that's why.

dankir

Holy shit at Epsiode 3, just thought what his dad did to those bandits was as brutal as it was going to get.

Crazy ending.

Gorillaz

I love how simple alot of the episode was. Such a stark contrast of the last one. Which isn't a bad thing but I do like that they can turn on a dime when it comes to tone without skipping a beat.

I liked the preview too
show hasn't had any "out there" creatures or areas since the season started so I like that they are letting loose of envirnoments

NEO0MJ

I admit, I felt a little giddy when the wolf was revealed to be alive. I liked that it stayed just long enough with Jack where they bonded a bit but still didn't get attached. Not sure how I'd feel if it came back.
Something I loved not mentioned here is whenever Jack stood on a platform waiting for them to come where the backdrop is white from the snow but then the wind clears the air revealing the new arena. That was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom