• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Samurai Pimp just can't keep an outfit. His whole body must be one giant callous.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why would he immediately think that all those kids died?

Also, why can't he keep an outfit on for more than 5 minutes?

Why would he immediately think that all those kids died?

I think it's because of Jack's severe PTSD and prolonged exposure to the future. Dude's been constantly running from death as much as possible, now all of a sudden, he sees a whole village's worth of children collapse all at once. It's probably more a case of his mind acting very drastically at a rapid pace, and it's not for his own good.

captainpat

I am still not liking the contrast between how Aku is talked about and his indirect effect vs how he actually is.

w/e

Those daughters tho. How did two ugly people make that many hot girls.

zeemumu

I am still not liking the contrast between how Aku is talked about and his indirect effect vs how he actually is.

w/e

Well he did just roll over hundreds of people as a giant ball purely because he thought it'd help get him out of his rut. I think at a certain point Aku just established unspeakble evil systems to run themselves.

Ogodei

w/e

There's a lot of question about how evil he really is. There seem to be a decent number of happy and "free" people on Earth, and most of the people even in Aku's territory seem to just be going about their lives. You'd think something more like Sauron keeping everyone in slave factories, toiling for his glory until they die, only allowed to breed in order to perpetuate their misery down through the generations.

He's more like a dictator. He occasionally commits acts of brutality to enforce his rule through terror, but he's more concerned with his overlordship rather than tormenting his subjects (unless they defy him).

It's telling that even now that Tartakovsky doesn't have the PG-rating constraints of before, Aku hasn't changed much. His monstrosity is not endless and i think that's by design (mostly because it would be boring if Aku totally controlled everything, instead of creating a dynamic world where Jack can have friends and foes alike).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's a lot of question about how evil he really is. There seem to be a decent number of happy and "free" people on Earth, and most of the people even in Aku's territory seem to just be going about their lives. You'd think something more like Sauron keeping everyone in slave factories, toiling for his glory until they die, only allowed to breed in order to perpetuate their misery down through the generations.

He's more like a dictator. He occasionally commits acts of brutality to enforce his rule through terror, but he's more concerned with his overlordship rather than tormenting his subjects (unless they defy him).

It's telling that even now that Tartakovsky doesn't have the PG-rating constraints of before, Aku hasn't changed much. His monstrosity is not endless and i think that's by design (mostly because it would be boring if Aku totally controlled everything, instead of creating a dynamic world where Jack can have friends and foes alike).
I think to be truly evil you have to do it efficiently, like having people think they're fine when they really arent

Xe4

Banned
Great episode. Liked it better than last, but not quite as much as 2/3. About on par with 1. Feels like it went by really fast.

caliph95

MFW during Scotsman and Aku scene
Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

I'd say that loincloth is just his default outfit now.

Its probably just a joke on how Jack's robe always got torn up when he got into a fight so now they're just making it a running gag. Without spoiling anything from another movie I hope they don't pull a Book of Eli with Ashi... I feel as if we are going to be mislead here. It might not end the way we think it will.

Seesaw15

5 more episodes!

Great episode. Animation and poses this episode felt really fluid and energetic.
Even with the dark tone of this season this episode felt like a classic goofy Samurai Jack episode in parts.

Also, nipple Jack made a brief cameo this episode that I appropriated.
MYid3dw.png

LotusHD

Banned
You know how everybody theorized that the Scotsman would die or that he wouldn't?

I guess everybody was right!

I was legit shook when he died so unceremoniously like that. Then I got a huge smile on my face when he came back as a ghost. I didn't even care if it was total BS or not, I'm just happy he's sticking around lol

Blues1990

Man, when the Scotsman was roasting Aku, Aku returned the favour by (literally) roasting him.

Guy went out like a champ, though it's a bummer that his sword isn't entirely unbreakable.

olag

So thicc redheads.........gonna have to look into that later.

Nice episode as always. Kind curious to see what that antlered samurai knight is. My guess at the moment is that it is the personification of his guilt or his sword.

Damn have to wait another 5 days :(

I have a crazy theory. What if the show ends with Jack getting his sword back, then dieing. At this point, Ashi continues the fight. We get ready for Samurai Ashi.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
There's a shot in the preview of the Scotsman firing his leg chaingun...was that not in the episode, or did I miss it?

Helmholtz

Dropping into this thread to ask, and forgive my complete ignorance toward this show, but, is this show legitimately good and worth watching from the start? I ask this as someone who likes watching great anime semi regularly but haven't ever really bothered with stuff that was on TV. I haven't seen Avatar either and was considering looking into that too. I guess my main concern is that these shows are too kid-oriented and lack violence and mature subject matter?

cntr

Banned
Dropping into this thread to ask, and forgive my complete ignorance toward this show, but, is this show legitimately good and worth watching from the start? I haven't seen Avatar either and was considering looking into that too.
Yes. To both Jack and Avatar. Start from Season 1 of Jack and Book 1 of The Last Airbender.

I guess my main concern is that these shows are too kid-oriented and lack violence and mature subject matter?
You won't need to worry about that. Especially The Last Airbender, that show is more mature and intelligent than most things made for adults.

Helmholtz

Yes. To both Jack and Avatar. Start from Season 1 of Jack and Book 1 of The Last Airbender.
You won't need to worry about that. Especially The Last Airbender, that show is more mature and intelligent than most things made for adults.
All I needed to know, thank you. And yeah I always start from the beginning of shows. Was really just curious if these things held up compared to some of the better anime I've seen, but based on what I've seen that seems to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom