• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg

Why would he immediately think that all those kids died?

Also, why can't he keep an outfit on for more than 5 minutes?

Jack's mind is messed up and after the heat of battle he likely thought they were dead.

NEO0MJ

Good ol' Scotsman. And that army of kids XD

[Jack's mind is messed up and after the heat of battle he likely thought they were dead.

Their seizure followed by screams of pain before literally roasting in front of him didn't help, either.

Dude talks to fires because he thinks spirits of his dead ancestors that he couldn't save are speaking to him...
I think his mind is a little over cooked at the moment and seeing how he killed the Daughters of Aku thinking they had a choice in pursuing him then finding out they did not... well he never killed people before. Now all those kids just short circuit on him... yeah totally pushed him off the edge to follow Skull Knight. Who knows maybe he gets a new form of armor out of this...

zeemumu

Because they were electrocuted, screamed in agony, and collapsed, and he's already lost so many people by this point. Even Ashii thought they might be dead initially until one woke up.

Tsunamo

So someone noted on youtube that in the next episode preview
The coated figures look like the woolies, would be a neat throwback if they was them and fits in with them wanting to protect him.

So looking forward to next week to see what the significance of the wild hunt/skeleton Knight motherfucker is. He seems to be a being of mystical powers and not just a vision of his.

With his arrival this episode seems like he's been waiting for Jack to come to his senses to either take him somewhere to regain his sword/train.... Or he's a messenger of death who has been pursuing jack for being an abnormality in the natural order for not aging

Zubz

Banned
I honestly think that would suck. Telling someone who's depressed to get over it is the dumbest shit.

Ditto, but at least maybe the Scotsman can inspire him in some way. They could've gotten away with leaving him dead & letting his daughters find Jack. They want him to reunite with Jack for something.

I'm in the "helps him find his sword" camp, with his daughters & other creatures Jack saved forming an army to fend off Aku's minions in a final battle. I mean,
the Woolies are back, at least.

NEO0MJ

I honestly think that would suck. Telling someone who's depressed to get over it is the dumbest shit.

I think that like the episode where Jack was infected by Aku, the Scotsman will support him, but Jack will have to deal with his issues on his own.

That's not fair, Scotsman doesn't care if someone is man or woman, black or white
he'll kick your ass either way.

Toxi

Banned
I audibly gasped when the Scottsman got lasered. And then had a big grin when he came back.

This show is so good.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
My post from the Toonami thread:

Finally caught Samurai Jack from last night and that was an interesting couple of parts. Was not expecting those turn of events be it poltergeist Scotsman and his all daughter army or Jack telling stories from his childhood. One thing I've noticed is this season is really focusing on the inner lives of the both Jack and Ashi and its pretty cool. That talk with the Moon Mom was cool to see juxtaposed to Jack constantly hallucinating the dead that he couldn't save or help. Of course that ending as well, really curious what the hell is going on with that horned Samurai.

Something's kind of in the back of my head now. Based on the "runes" glowing on it, it looks like the Scotsman's sword was semi-responsible for bringing him back as a force ghost. Given the coloration is similar as well, maybe we're dealing with a Halo 3 situation and Jack's "psyche" isn't just a visualization of his own mental state, but some type of projection Jack's sword is "broadcasting" in an attempt to try and make Jack find it.

cntr

Banned
Jack: "No."
Ashi: "kijahbsdjbasjdbsajdbjsabdjsabdjsabdjasdafuckusamurai"
Jack: "OK, I'll show you."

literally a child

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Something's kind of in the back of my head now. Based on the "runes" glowing on it, it looks like the Scotsman's sword was semi-responsible for bringing him back as a force ghost. Given the coloration is similar as well, maybe we're dealing with a Halo 3 situation and Jack's "psyche" isn't just a visualization of his own mental state, but some type of projection Jack's sword is "broadcasting" in an attempt to try and make Jack find it.

Great, now I'm waiting for a "wait, you see him too?" moment

PixelatedBookake

I think at this point folks should be seeing it won't go that route but it'll go a route where they team up to defeat Aku, and if he gets transported back he will leave her to help rebuild the future.

This is probably what's gonna happen. If the timeline is such that this future will exist after Jack kills Aku in the past, Ashi would prolly be the one to be the new hero of it.

cntr

Banned
That's what annoys me the most about the romance theories, it's based on literally nothing other than that she happens to be a girl interacting with a guy. It's dumb.

Zubz

Banned
That's what annoys me the most about the romance theories, it's based on literally nothing other than that she happens to be a girl interacting with a guy. It's dumb.

The deer scene could be seen as foreshadowing; that's why I haven't it written it off as impossible.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I check /co/ once to see if they like something this good, and it's just wall to wall "SAMURAI ASHI SJWS GENNEDY CUCKED US SHE'S TAKING OVER THE SERIES IT'S PANDERING TO TUMBLR"

Goddamn that board needs to be sent to the pits of hell.

caliph95

It's weird i remember /co/ being good and decent though i only visietd it like twice, so either users are shitposting and trolling or /pol/ has managed to escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom