• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Pizza Cats and Power Rangers (90's) finally headed to DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The show's already on Netflix for digital peeps and it's not like it would benefit that much from Bluray. DVD makes sense.
Yeah, especially for animation where there's likely to be not extra detail to be brought out (and upscaling by good players/TVs will iron out the rest). This is one nice advantage of the DVD to blu-ray transition versus VHS to DVD, DVD can remain viable basically for forever where blu-ray is excessive.

Unless this is about physical media period, in which case... yeah, there's Netflix, and looking at Bobby's World on Amazon there's a good chance they or Apple will sell the episodes digitally too.
This reply works both as a genuine inquiry and sarcasm.
Yeah, it's actually kind of amazing.

isny

napkin dispenser
"In an effort to provide avid collectors with an exclusive first-to-own experience, fans will have the first opportunity to collect upcoming box sets through a Time Life direct-response television and online campaign. Shout! Factory has teamed up with Time Life to make Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season One 6-DVD set and the 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven directly available to fans starting July 30, 2012 through Time Life's direct-response on-air TV campaign, as well as online.

The Power Rangers: Seasons One -Seven 40-DVD collection will include: All 145 original episodes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Seasons One, Two and Three, plus the ten-episode series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Alien Rangers. It then continues on with Power Rangers: Seasons Four - Seven, featuring all of the original 183 episodes spanning the seasons entitled Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. In-depth bonus content includes: a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team, and much more!"

This. It will be mine.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/16925

d...v...d.

probably the best the show will look

Box art:

EgEiH.jpg

meh.

$13.95 on Amazon. God damn.

Volume 1 of what?

isny

napkin dispenser
probably the best the show will look

Volume 1 of what?

Volume 1 of 2. They're releasing the original MMPR in two volumes. I would think the set from Time Life will be the definitive one though, as it will include mostly everything people will want.

MisterHero

8C8l3.gif

OG Green Ranger will always be the best ranger, and you're talking about white Tommy was never the Silver ranger.
Nope the best Ranger is Jason. :p

That Time-Life deal sounds amazing. MMPR seasons are mandatory, all the others are tempting though

MisterHero

Except for the time when Jason totally beat Tommy at the martial arts tournament at the Juice Bar, and in the Dark Dimension and Tommy cheated by using powers!!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"In an effort to provide avid collectors with an exclusive first-to-own experience, fans will have the first opportunity to collect upcoming box sets through a Time Life direct-response television and online campaign. Shout! Factory has teamed up with Time Life to make Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season One 6-DVD set and the 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven directly available to fans starting July 30, 2012 through Time Life's direct-response on-air TV campaign, as well as online.

I have never felt so old... My childhood is now a Time Life offer....

isny

napkin dispenser
I have never felt so old... My childhood is now a Time Life offer....

They did this with Ghostbusters a few years ago and it sold gangbusters. I kinda feel bad for not buying that set, as it sold out so quick, so I'm not making the same mistake with this one!

edit: Seems the Ghostbusters set is still available...I may have to sell a kidney to buy one... http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=1001&catalogId=10001&productId=75501

For reference, here was the awesome set they made up for Ghostbusters. All of the DVD cases were Steelbooks, and were housed in a beautiful box made up to look like the fire station.

timelife-package-big.jpg

Anth0ny

The Power Rangers: Seasons One -Seven 40-DVD collection will include: All 145 original episodes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Seasons One, Two and Three, plus the ten-episode series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Alien Rangers. It then continues on with Power Rangers: Seasons Four - Seven, featuring all of the original 183 episodes spanning the seasons entitled Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. In-depth bonus content includes: a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team, and much more!"

This. It will be mine.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/16925

God damn.

A Zordon tube holding 40 DVDs? Day one.

isny

napkin dispenser
The complete DVD series details below.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042

TLDR

• "The current planned ship date is August 6th"
  • "Note that there is NOT any overall "slipcase" packaging for this title: these are the same sets that Shout! Factory will be selling individually, and Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton."
  • "The price is $219.95 SRP"
  • "Additionally, with this title you'll also get a rare Bandai-made action figure of Morphin Red Ranger (Jason) wearing the "Dragon Shield" (which, in case you've forgotten, is the golden shoulder pad/chestpiece assembly) usually seen on the Morphin Green Ranger (Tommy)."

PowerRangers_S1-S7.jpg

PowerRangers_TL-BonusFigure.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
I...want to buy this....but I don't really know why...

The price has actually increased to $17.94 now. Even at that price though, I would think one would rather pay $125 buying the seven sets from Amazon individually as opposed to paying $200+ buying them from Time Life. One would also imagine Amazon would have the other sets at a lower $13.xx price point again as they new sets are made available for preorder, meaning you'll end up paying sub $100.

The complete DVD series details below.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042

TLDR

• "The current planned ship date is August 6th"
  • "Note that there is NOT any overall "slipcase" packaging for this title: these are the same sets that Shout! Factory will be selling individually, and Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton."
  • "The price is $219.95 SRP"
  • "Additionally, with this title you'll also get a rare Bandai-made action figure of Morphin Red Ranger (Jason) wearing the "Dragon Shield" (which, in case you've forgotten, is the golden shoulder pad/chestpiece assembly) usually seen on the Morphin Green Ranger (Tommy)."

PowerRangers_S1-S7.jpg

PowerRangers_TL-BonusFigure.jpg

$220 is so over priced...but I'd probably get it. D:

jett

D-Member
I don't care for Power Rangers, but Samurai Pizza Cats is relevant to my interests. Dubbed version all the way, it's insane.

isny

napkin dispenser
I don't care for Power Rangers, but Samurai Pizza Cats is relevant to my interests. Dubbed version all the way, it's insane.

The last update from Diskotek about Pizza Cats:

"We have two street dates left for this year. October 16th, and November 6th. Trying to get out Casshan, Pizza Cats Part one 1-26, Galaxy Express Eternal Fantasy, and two more that haven't been announced yet."

MisterHero

$220 is so over priced...but I'd probably get it. D:
Is that a 3-3/4" figure like the recent Disney line? The lighting is confusing.

What was cool about the figures from the original 90s runs is that their weapons could combine into the Power Blaster. I never got those figures, but the one I really wanted was the Power Blaster set itself. :(

DSC02496.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, I never actually buy toku weapons, only morphing devices. I always imagined they're as big as they are in the show.

Finally! Samurai Pizza Cats! :D

Soooo happy!

I think I'll get Power Rangers too, only ever seen season 1 and bits and pieces after that on VHS. I remember the movie came out here and no one knew wtf White Ranger and stuff was cause it wasn't on TV here anymore lol. :(

:D

Why where the shit shows from the 80s the first things to hit DVD and the kickass original shows from the 90s the last?

Dude, watch an episode of the Real Ghostbusters, then watch an episode of Power Rangers and tell me which is better.

We watched the pilot episode on Netflix a while back and it was beyond godawful, NO nostalgic powers could make that show enjoyable on any level.

Edit
: Yeah SPC though, that shit is awesome!

WillyFive

Dude, watch an episode of the Real Ghostbusters, then watch an episode of Power Rangers and tell me which is better.

We watched the pilot episode on Netflix a while back and it was beyond godawful, NO nostalgic powers could make that show enjoyable on any level.

Try a Power Rangers show that isn't MMPR. MMPR's awfulness is very well documented.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh apparently SPC is getting a relaunch in Japan, with hi-quality DVD releases and figures!

TxdoHawk

Oh apparently SPC is getting a relaunch in Japan, with hi-quality DVD releases and figures!

Source? I'd buy the shit out of some SPC figures, depending on who.

Edit: Oh, I guess this is about that Speedy figure revealed in January. Meh. I'd take just about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom