• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles |OT|

Is there any way to skip cutscenes? My game keeps getting an error, and then doesn't show up as being recognized... I have to keep putting it in and out until it's finally recognized. At this rate, I'll never get to the actual game part. :(

Sanic

Anyone here have the DLC? Any impressions?

Kinda wondering how their DLC system works actually. Do the mission files just reference content on the cart (so are maybe a few hundred KBs in size?) or will we be downloading tens of megabytes over spotpass?

Pandoracell said:
Anyone here have the DLC? Any impressions?

Kinda wondering how their DLC system works actually. Do the mission files just reference content on the cart (so are maybe a few hundred KBs in size?) or will we be downloading tens of megabytes over spotpass?

Right now it's just a new map. One that has only been released in Japan. I doubt we'll be having many impressions for a while.

Sanic

We have some Japanese members here. I didn't think it was unrealistic for someone to visit the thread who has the map, but who knows.

nli10

I'm enjoying it. It's a battery burner to be sure, but it's great fun and will delay me getting DW7 for a while.

When does armor become available to buy or select? I am 1 chapter away from finishing act 2 and have nothing unlocked so far except the light varient of the armor, but no pieces.

JoeFu

Banned
This thread needs more love! Such a good game, so happy to have gotten it.

As for the armor question, I don't remember, I think part 3 is when you get to buy stuff.

Who are ya'lls favorite characters? I haven't used too many people yet, just finished part 3 and used Masamune for the first time, so freaking awesome. Another one I like is the dude with the sword and shield... forgot what his name was.

I don't mind using my hero dude either, his gun charge is so good.

The music is really good too!

justchris

Necromanti said:
Is there any way to skip cutscenes? My game keeps getting an error, and then doesn't show up as being recognized... I have to keep putting it in and out until it's finally recognized. At this rate, I'll never get to the actual game part. :(

Not for stages you have not yet played. Try going back and playing a previous stage on a harder difficulty (you get better weapons or items on harder difficulties), and then try the stage giving you trouble again.

Gamer @ Heart said:
When does armor become available to buy or select? I am 1 chapter away from finishing act 2 and have nothing unlocked so far except the light varient of the armor, but no pieces.

New armor stuff becomes available at the end of every act. You don't really unlock anything specific at the end of stages.

Effect

How filled is the screen with enemies? From images and clips there don't seem to be a lot. At least not as many as I recall when I saw videos of the older PS2 games. Though my memory could be fuzzy. Does the number of on screen enemies increase?

Mrbob

Effect said:
How filled is the screen with enemies? From images and clips there don't seem to be a lot. At least not as many as I recall when I saw videos of the older PS2 games. Though my memory could be fuzzy. Does the number of on screen enemies increase?

It is similar to the PS2 games. The screen can get quite filled at times, however like the PS2 games regular enemies fade in and out of view. There isn't as big of a focus taking out regular troops in the 3DS game. You are switching characters and achieving objectives which are mostly general related. You do get a few missions which give you the objective to take out X amount of guys in a certain time.

JoeFu

Banned
gimz said:
just thought we should have this in the OT
Iwata Asks: Samurai Warrior

im at the final chapter, but i still dont know how to use other weapon :/

You have to have an excellent relationship with the person whose weapon you are trying to get. I have Ina's and Masamune Date's weapons now!

Now to find out where their 4th weapons are. I wonder how you unlock the 4th weapon for the main character though no one seems to have an idea and I checked out that site with the guide in progress. .

Nobunaga nooo!

I am addicted. That said, I scream out in rage when I am combo ed by enemies and lose over half my life bar and there is zero I can do to get out of it.

creid

Just opened up the shop last night. Is combining the only way to get weapons higher than level 1? Are 'Power' weapons naturally slower than Normal or Speed weapons?

Xater

creid said:
Just opened up the shop last night. Is combining the only way to get weapons higher than level 1? Are 'Power' weapons naturally slower than Normal or Speed weapons?

Later you can also level up weapons by combining them with items.

And yes to your speed question. Speed > Normal > Power

gimz

JoeFu said:
You have to have an excellent relationship with the person whose weapon you are trying to get. I have Ina's and Masamune Date's weapons now!

Now to find out where their 4th weapons are. I wonder how you unlock the 4th weapon for the main character though no one seems to have an idea and I checked out that site with the guide in progress. .
what the hell is 4th weapon? i hear it every where but i still dont know what is the different :/

JoeFu

Banned
It's the best weapon for each character. Every playable character has one, each one has 6 stats with huge numbers, it's level 10, and I think they have 2 high level elements on them. Something like that.

an example of Hojo's 4th weapon

Code:
Fire level 5, Wind level 4
Level 10 (Power)Attack 49
Health 97          Attack 94
Ride 86             Agility 88
Musou + 94       Indirect 95

kunonabi

I've started running into officers that don't take damage, any solutions aside from just spamming musou attacks on them? I'm new to the series so I really don't know any of the rules aside from what the game has told me.

kunonabi said:
I've started running into officers that don't take damage, any solutions aside from just spamming musou attacks on them? I'm new to the series so I really don't know any of the rules aside from what the game has told me.

They should still be taking damage, they might just have a lot of HP.

Kevtones

Great game, really. Still got tons of content to work through but thus far it has been nearly flawless.

Skip cinema chance next time/work on the story. Friendships are the best part but they could be way better.

Kevtones

Still playing this daily and I'm level 51 after 20 hours.

I haven't beaten the game but I've been beefing up my characters and reading up on the 4th weapon business...

I'm driving/passengering 900 miles tomorrow so more SWC time for me.

DTJAAAAM

Reached the credits once, but I'm still trying to unlock all the missions, characters, and weapons. My favorite 3DS game!

Meier

I've had this rented since April 7th apparently and didn't touch it until last night and ended up being very impressed so I used GameFly's Keep It option. Gameplay is incredibly solid and it looks as good as Dynasty Warriors ever has basically -- the 3D effect is done incredibly well. After 2 stages, I have 0 complaints other than I wish I had played it earlier to get my money's worth.

Holy crap, why is the metacritic so low?! I guess DW games aren't ever that well reviewed but this is as good as the series has been and it deserves better.

It's a good game but let down somewhat by it's lackluster graphics presentation. Could have looked much better, but launch title and all that.

Meier

Igor Antunov said:
It's a good game but let down somewhat by it's lackluster graphics presentation. Could have looked much better, but launch title and all that.
There has never been a Dynasty Warriors title with great graphics. Draw distance is surprisingly good and the character models are solid. I don't really think there is anything more one could hope for. The 3D, particularly on the cut scenes/intros is very, very good.

GeekyDad

Meier said:
Holy crap, why is the metacritic so low?! I guess DW games aren't ever that well reviewed but this is as good as the series has been and it deserves better.

It's fashionable in the west to hate the Warriors games. I was impressed, though, that a few sites, namely Destructoid, let someone with experience and affection for the franchise have a go at the game. Not everyone enjoys the bitter flavor of coffee, but it doesn't mean coffee inherently tastes like shit. Just wish more reviewers approached games with that mindset: how successfully does the game cater to its intended audience? Japanese kids seem to love the stuff, otherwise Koei would have quit long ago.

Amalthea

Banned
This game really shows how much the 3d helps improving melee-based combat. There's a noticeable difference between 2d and 3d.

Kevtones

I haven't touched Ghost Recon in a couple weeks because of this. I really dig it.

Got my first 4th weapon tonight an I'm constantly impressed by how much content this game has.

A sequel/DLC needs:

- Online Co-op.
- A timer for mission triggers (when their deadline is).
- Costumes when you finish all events for characters. The art is nice, but very minor.
- Free play mode.
- Even more everything.

kunonabi

I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles has turned me into a musou fan.

I picked up up Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii and I love it. It has a really slick presentation and tons of stuff to do. I think I prefer the gameplay in SWC but the co-op is going to be great when I get back home.

I'm also this close to picking up fist of the north star.

I just started playing SW3 for the Wii -- I bought solely because Takamaru's in it and I'm a Nintendo fan, but man is this game addicting! I can't believe that game scored so low either. The game has good production values and it's hella fun.

How does the 3DS game compare to the Wii one? Is it basically just a port with a single long story mode?

Boerseun

Banned
I love the Warriors series! I'm currently busy on Dynasty Warriors 6 for Ps3. I havn't tried any of the Gundam ones yet, so that will be next.

Kevtones

HEY EVERYONE DLC STARTS TOMORROW AND IT'S FREE

Now to SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles for the Nintendo 3DS. The SpotPass DLC starts tomorrow (May 13th) with the new weapon, and this will be happening every Friday for 21 weeks (total 21 rounds) – OMFG I have no reason to be lazy anymore as I would have so many things to blog!

The DLC consists of extra scenarios and the StreetPass Weapons Download. I will definitely keep you updated when the time comes!

http://inspchin.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/back-now-with-loads-of-dlc-updates/

Mockingbird said:
I just started playing SW3 for the Wii -- I bought solely because Takamaru's in it and I'm a Nintendo fan, but man is this game addicting! I can't believe that game scored so low either. The game has good production values and it's hella fun.

How does the 3DS game compare to the Wii one? Is it basically just a port with a single long story mode?

It only has one long story but each of the 40(?) long missions has hidden objectives and an uber-powerful weapon for the characters when fully beaten. You can play as all the characters and it's arguably the best paced Warriors game to date

It also has Persona-esque friendship building that gives you some bonus art, a bunch of reasonably decent character scenes, and the ability to use the weapon of that character with your main.

It's a fucking great game.

Top Bottom