• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles |OT|

gimz

Marvie_3 said:
Just got a SpotPass notification for the DLC. :D
me too! just woke up and noticed the blue dot, but i turn on the game and couldnt find the DLC, where can i find it?

Manmedaz

Same here, I just can't find it... So strange :/.

Edit : Ok, just found out why : it's supposed to be a new weapon. That being said, I can't find it as well...

kiryogi

Banned
You need to get to a certain point in the game I believe, before you can access it. That or beat the game first, I forget. Manual or somewhere mentioned it.

Manmedaz

Zee-Row said:
Is the DLC actual DLC or is it stuff that is locked with in the cart?

It's actual DLC. Next week should be a new level, and there will be content every Friday for 21 weeks. That's nice :) !

how do musou fans like this game?

it was my favorite 3DS launch title (i know, not saying much) and I usually hate these games. am i crazy or does it feel like a much tighter and fast paced game than all the other ones before it?

if there's one that people feel equals or tops it on the PS2, lemme know.

Kevtones

Smision said:
how do musou fans like this game?

it was my favorite 3DS launch title (i know, not saying much) and I usually hate these games. am i crazy or does it feel like a much tighter and fast paced game than all the other ones before it?

if there's one that people feel equals or tops it on the PS2, lemme know.

The ability to switch generals on the fly REALLY helps the pacing. It's downright frantic/awesome sometimes.

I'm having trouble securing the DLC, where is it?

Manmedaz

I Push Fat Kids said:
The ability to switch generals on the fly REALLY helps the pacing. It's downright frantic/awesome sometimes.

I'm having trouble securing the DLC, where is it?

New levels are supposed to be located with the Gaiden levels. That being said, this content is said to be a new weapon, and I have yet to find a person that found it, me included... It seems like they sent the notice, but didn't upload the content yet.

MoxManiac

kunonabi said:
I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles has turned me into a musou fan.

I picked up up Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii and I love it. It has a really slick presentation and tons of stuff to do. I think I prefer the gameplay in SWC but the co-op is going to be great when I get back home.

I'm also this close to picking up fist of the north star.

Fist is good but I really recommend getting DW7 if you want more musou. It's probably the best musou game this gen (I haven't played SW:C)

GeekyDad

oblo said:
Glad to see it's not just me, got the notification, but no DLC to be found.

From what I understand, the DLC is a weapon that can only be used for StreetPass duels. So, I don't think it will show up in the single-player game.

oblo

Don't see any new weapons I can use for Streetpass or anything, feels like DLC is broken to me, there was only a dot on the notifications icon not on the game itself... When I had my first Streetpass encounter a few days back there was one on both... I expected that to be the same for Spotpass.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MoxManiac said:
Fist is good but I really recommend getting DW7 if you want more musou. It's probably the best musou game this gen (I haven't played SW:C)

I actually prefer Fist and Sengoku Musou 3Z over Dynasty Warriors 7. But I think a big part of it is being forced to use specific characters in the story mode.

justchris

I saw the dot for the update to Samurai Warriors, and came here to see what I was missing. Guess I'll have to try to find the weapon. Not sure how it can be a streetpass weapon though, since I don't think you use weapons in streetpass..

Kevtones

Manmedaz said:
Nop, still nothing... I guess they f*ck'd up something in the process :/...

Makes two of us then. I've booted it up 3-4 times since yesterday without a notification. I triple-checked my internet settings... Frustration!

Bog

Junior Ace
Grabbed this at Best Buy this week because of the sale and love it. It's making me want to try some others. What's the best console version for co-op?

Amalthea

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:
Makes two of us then. I've booted it up 3-4 times since yesterday without a notification. I triple-checked my internet settings... Frustration!

I got a notice too but no dot either.

Manmedaz

I got a second notice - same as the first one though. That being said, still nothing in the game... It's really getting weird x).

GeekyDad

Bog said:
Grabbed this at Best Buy this week because of the sale and love it. It's making me want to try some others. What's the best console version for co-op?

Yeah, same. Twenty-five buckers is a damn-good deal for the game. Coming off of Sengoku Basara, and this definitely feels like there's a lot more to keep up with because of the missions that pop up. I especially dig the idea of being able automate characters to a particular area of the map while you're controlling someone else.

The 3D, though, is a bit weird. It kinda flattens the models, making everything look more like a pop-up book than a fully three-dimensional world. The cutscenes aren't really like that, though. Still, it all looks and runs good. Pop-in doesn't bother me, since that's pretty much par for the course with any Warriors game.

Bog said:
Gundam Musou 2/Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Actually, wait for DW:G3 when it comes out this this summer in the states. It's musou on speed and it's glorious.

NateDrake

Manmedaz said:
I got a second notice - same as the first one though. That being said, still nothing in the game... It's really getting weird x).
I got the notice today and it gave details on the sword. The first notice said nothing about content.

Manmedaz

depward said:
$25 at Best Buy? Not seeing anything about it...

$25 is a price I would pick it up for!

It costs about 50€ over here :eek: !

NateDrake said:
I got the notice today and it gave details on the sword. The first notice said nothing about content.

But, did you get the weapon ?

****** Edit

Ok guys, I solved the mystery !

I got a third notice, same as the on of NateDrake with details about the sword. When I started the game I had a message telling me that it was loading content from StreetPass (I know, it's not supposed to be a StreetPass thing, but read on to understand why).

From there, you have to go to the Network menu, then Battle, and you'll find there an opponent called SpotPass ! You fight it, its message will be "New Weapon!". Then, no matter if you win or lose (I lost :[ ), you'll get the weapon, a sword of ambition level 10, no special abilities (attack is 35).

That's about it folks, case cleared ! Rendez-vous next Friday for a (supposedly) new map !

oblo

The notification says it's good for upgrading, but uhm, how do you do that? I thought level 10 was the maximum when combining weapons? Am I missing something? Can't say that I fully understand the upgrade system, I just throw some things together, it gets better and then it's level 10 and I have to stop... That's about it...

Anyway, happy to see it's working this time, just won the battle against Mr. Spotpass.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
oblo said:
The notification says it's good for upgrading, but uhm, how do you do that? I thought level 10 was the maximum when combining weapons? Am I missing something? Can't say that I fully understand the upgrade system, I just throw some things together, it gets better and then it's level 10 and I have to stop... That's about it...
you can use higher-level weapons to upgrade lower-level ones.

Manmedaz

jooey said:
you can use higher-level weapons to upgrade lower-level ones.

Yep, I have like 5 or 6 level 10 weapons, waiting for a good level 1 weapon to show up, then I'll upgrade it to the ultimate weapon :D ! The most complicated thing is to keep track of your weapon making for all character, it's almost impossible.

GeekyDad

Can someone clear up for me how to properly read the move sets. There's just a bunch of Xs and Ys, but it's not really clear what order you need to execute button presses to pull off various moves, nor a list of the moves per se.

Manmedaz

GeekyDad said:
Can someone clear up for me how to properly read the move sets. There's just a bunch of Xs and Ys, but it's not really clear what order you need to execute button presses to pull off various moves, nor a list of the moves per se.

Basically you read from left to right and up to down, and you follow a path. EG :

FrLBE.jpg

Here, you can do XXX, YXXX, YYXXX, YYYXXX, YYYYX, YYYYY, YYYYYY, YYYYYYY, YYYYYYYY (of course you can stop at any time while performing a combo).

Is that helping you ?

GeekyDad

Thanks. Yeah, I think I get it, though it is kinda of an awkward way to set-up a move legend.

Appreciate the clarification.

Bog

Junior Ace
donkey show said:
Gundam Musou 2/Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Actually, wait for DW:G3 when it comes out this this summer in the states. It's musou on speed and it's glorious.

Hm, I'm not really a Gundam fan. What's the best non-Gundam Musou game for co-op?

I already own Dynasty Warrior 6 Empires (still unopened), so if that's any good, even better.

hamchan

I cannot find this game anywhere for a reasonable price. I saw it in a few shops here in Australia but it's for ridiculous prices like $80. The usual UK sites I check all seem to be sold out :(

GeekyDad

hamchan said:
I cannot find this game anywhere for a reasonable price. I saw it in a few shops here in Australia but it's for ridiculous prices like $80. The usual UK sites I check all seem to be sold out :(

That sucks. I really don't know why most mainstream retailers don't carry it. It's being treated like a boutique product, but I think the sales were pretty good. Either way, at this stage in the system's life, every game counts. I would think the big stores would want to have it on their shelves. Here in the U.S., Best Buy had it on sale for $25. That's when I picked it up. I was gonna buy it anyway; I just happened to get lucky.

Best of luck to you. Perhaps you could order it direct from Koei's site...?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing this game yesterday and I was really surprised. I've only played Dynasty Warriors 7 (that I really enjoyed) and Strikeforce PSP before in terms of Musou games, but this one definitely feels different. Changing between officers is a great addition.

Besides, it looks great.

Manmedaz

No one spoke about it, but the new SpotPass content for Samurai Warriors Chronicles is a pack of two weapons : one for Kanbei Kuroda and another one for Hanbei Takenaka.

Manmedaz said:
No one spoke about it, but the new SpotPass content for Samurai Warriors Chronicles is a pack of two weapons : one for Kanbei Kuroda and another one for Hanbei Takenaka.
I have no blue light yet. :(

When is the mission pack supposed to come out?

GeekyDad

donkey show said:
I have no blue light yet. :(

When is the mission pack supposed to come out?

I'm in the U.S., and I got the SpotPass late Thursday night. The Hanbei weapon was decent -- better than what I had for him -- but the other wasn't great.

EDIT: Just re-read what you wrote. Sorry, no, I don't think we're getting missions this week, just the new weapons.

Top Bottom