• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles |OT|

Manmedaz

Bog said:
Ran into a great glitch today. After the intro movie for Part 3, the game just freezes. Restarting doesn't change anything. Welp, I really enjoyed the half a game I got to play...

Edit: Looks like it's a pretty common glitch. Editing my character and messing with the 3D slider seemed to fix it on my second reboot. More answers here in case anyone else hits it: http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/...how_msgs.php?pid=997832&topic_id=m-1-58614950

Wow, first time I heard about that !

GeekyDad

Bog said:
Ran into a great glitch today. After the intro movie for Part 3, the game just freezes. Restarting doesn't change anything. Welp, I really enjoyed the half a game I got to play...

Edit: Looks like it's a pretty common glitch. Editing my character and messing with the 3D slider seemed to fix it on my second reboot. More answers here in case anyone else hits it: http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/...how_msgs.php?pid=997832&topic_id=m-1-58614950

Hmph...that's weird. Well, at least it sounds like you got yourself back up and running with the game. I'm about a third of the way into Part 4. No problems, knock on wood.

hamchan

Finally found this game for $60 AUD from GAME's online store. It's not $45 that it would cost if I bought it from the UK but at least it's not the $80 that I've seen everywhere else. I sure as hell hope Dead or Alive isn't sold out super fast like this game was.

Effect

GeekyDad said:
Earlier in May, Andriasang reported 260,000 units sold. I believe that was worldwide sales, not sure.

Considering the style of game and franchise is that good, bad, etc?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Effect said:
Considering the style of game and franchise is that good, bad, etc?

It's okay. These games generally only sell to the True Fans. On the other hand the True Fans can be relied upon to support them religiously, so they keep making 'em.

I did my part, got a copy at launch!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/15629

Top 10 Nintendo 3DS Software Sales (Lifetime)
1.) Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level-5) - 287,271
2.) nintendogs + cats (Nintendo) - 224,988
3.) Samurai Warrior: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) - 114,916
4.) Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom) - 99,334
5.) Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) - 80,945
6.) Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami) - 79,456
7.) Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) - 57,739
8.) Gundam: The 3D Battle (Bandai Namco) - 39,008
9.) Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) - 30,597
10.) Famitsa Baseball 2011 (Bandai Namco) - 26,270

It has outsold SSFIV3D in JP thus far at least. #3 is pretty good! There are like about a million 3DS systems that have sold in JP, so 1/10 users have this game.

I actually haven't bought this game yet -- not sure if I will or not because I'm currently playing Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii right now (bought it a month after release). I'm 70 hours into that with 19 more story modes to complete + historical mode -- though I've at least got 100% on Murasame Castle mode already; additionally, there is the even more optional task of maxing out every character, getting gold clears for the story mode, and getting the fourth weapons. By the time I'm done with the Wii one I think I might have had my fill on the series for a long time is why I'm hesitating to pick this up. Undoubtedly though, this series really does give you your money's worth.

GeekyDad

Yeah, if you've already put that much time into SW3, you might want to hold off on getting this until the mood strikes again. Even with the cool, new additions -- pop-up missions, switching out characters on the fly, and automation of characters -- everything else about the game is almost a cut and paste of SW3. You can tell it's mostly the same assets.

But you definitely do get your money's worth. I'm coming up on 50 hours now, and I'm still unlocking battles and characters, not to mention I haven't touched the female character's playthrough yet. I've only unlocked four of the 30-something uber weapons, too.

GeekyDad said:
Yeah, if you've already put that much time into SW3, you might want to hold off on getting this until the mood strikes again. Even with the cool, new additions -- pop-up missions, switching out characters on the fly, and automation of characters -- everything else about the game is almost a cut and paste of SW3. You can tell it's mostly the same assets.

But you definitely do get your money's worth. I'm coming up on 50 hours now, and I'm still unlocking battles and characters, not to mention I haven't touched the female character's playthrough yet. I've only unlocked four of the 30-something uber weapons, too.

Yeah. My main reason for wanting this is for the three additional characters, but I want a story mode for them. If Samurai Warriors 3 Extreme Legends came out in the U.S., I would definitely buy it though. I'm not sure about Empires because it sounds pretty different.

Busaiku

So I got this game with Ocarina of Time at Target almost 2 weeks ago.
Haven't popped it in yet, but I'm wondering about the DLC.

Since I missed out on a bunch, will I ever be able to get it again?

Kevtones

Busaiku said:
So I got this game with Ocarina of Time at Target almost 2 weeks ago.
Haven't popped it in yet, but I'm wondering about the DLC.

Since I missed out on a bunch, will I ever be able to get it again?

Not sure. They've added about 4 more scenarios since launch too (along with weapons and some other neat stuff).

Busaiku

Really liking it so far.
Might pick up Samurai Warriors 3, since I wanna play as some of the characters longer.

I know this is a different game, but I am playing Samurai Warriors 2 right now on 360, and before I got this I was thinking about the 3DS game.

And it is an atrocious game. Is the 3DS one any better?

Dear God, help me.

I bought this for $14 last week, and I'm terribly addicted. So fun; I only wish the draw distance wasn't so terrible.
After reading impressions I wish I would have bought this on Best Buy's site.

I had ten dollars in reward zone bucks and a 10% off thing from my birthday. I bought Continuum Shift 2 for $4.40, shipped free. I feel sad now.

kiryogi

Banned
Dear God, help me.

I bought this for $14 last week, and I'm terribly addicted. So fun; I only wish the draw distance wasn't so terrible.

This game was probably the best of the batch during launch and honestly prob one of the best musous to date. :D

I recently got back into it again after taking a long break from it due to frustrations lol. Tried to beat Kenshin numerous times @ The Battle of Tetorigawa and that didn't work out. Eventually gave in and took the strongholds instead. Success!

But now I'm slightly stuck again @ The Battle of Mt. Oiwa. . . Defeating Oichi makes Shibata near impossible to defeat XD Prob gonna spare her now, had a few gameovers already.

Orayn

Jesus, I had no idea this was a launch title. I'm looking into it and will pick up a copy when Mario Kart 7 starts to wear thin.

I know this is a different game, but I am playing Samurai Warriors 2 right now on 360, and before I got this I was thinking about the 3DS game.

And it is an atrocious game. Is the 3DS one any better?

Musou/Whatever Warriors games are super-mega-extra-ultra-divisive, so you probably won't like this one.

Just got this game for $20. I've never played a game like this before (I'm not much of a button masher type so I stayed away)

Turns out the game has a surprising amount of strategy and skill. SUPER ADDICTIVE.
I'm surprised about the complaints about the graphics, I think it looks awesome.

I'm so impressed with this game.

For those longstanding KOEI fans, I love the ANNO series and strategy games in general, would I like Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition too?
I've always wanted to try them. This game makes me want to try them even more

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just got this game for $20. I've never played a game like this before (I'm not much of a button masher type so I stayed away)

Turns out the game has a surprising amount of strategy and skill. SUPER ADDICTIVE.
I'm surprised about the complaints about the graphics, I think it looks awesome.

I'm so impressed with this game.

For those longstanding KOEI fans, I love the ANNO series and strategy games in general, would I like Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition too?
I've always wanted to try them. This game makes me want to try them even more

The game is quite awesome. The graphics are very good too. The ONLY flaw with them is the small number of enemies on screen at one time. Given the impressive performance the 3DS is showing in newer games (and the newer SDK unlocking a bit more processing power) I suspect the next musou game on 3DS will beef up the enemy count.

As a newcomer, I've been deciding between this and SW3. Or should I just wait for DW VS? And is all of the DLC for this still available? Or is it only out one at a time and then it's gone?

creid

Just got SpotPass content #41, and it comes with a note that it's the last one. Really really really hope they redistribute the older ones, because even though I bought it launch week I missed 7-19 because of some bug with Zelda: OoT that seems to break SpotPass, and 32-36 for god knows what reason.

I'm trying to decide between buying Chronicles and SW3. Would you recommend I just go with Chronicles, then, if it's an upgraded SW3? Can I enjoy SW3 after playing Chronicles? Would Chronicles be as entertaining if I play SW3 before it?

Top Bottom