• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Andreas NOT CANCELLED!!!..but Littleberu's account could be...

http://www.gtagaming.com/sanandreas/qa

1. "What are some major improvements in the pedestrian/police AI?" - Casey "Zidane" Mongillo / www.gtagaming.com
R*: Yes. Enemies in general will now do a much better job of taking cover and attempting to flank CJ. Pedestrians are now frightened of things they should be frightened of (like when a large military vehicle appears in a residential area), they hold hands, they have their own daily lives and destinations.

2. "Have the helicopter and plane height limits been increased?" - Gta-Expert / www.gtagaming.com
R*: Massively increased. Mount Chiliad is over half a mile tall, and you can fly well above its height.

3. What methods of air transportation can we expect? – JulioCaesar / PlanetGrandTheftAuto
R*: All kinds, most things you see in the air in the real world you'll see in San Andreas.

4. In several screenshots and the first trailer for San Andreas, Carl was playing basketball and pool. Are these cut scenes or can you play them and also what other mini-games are there? - Gangstaman590 / PlanetGrandTheftAuto
R*: The one of Smoke and Sweet playing basketball was a cutscene. The pool shot is CJ actually playing pool. There are too many mini-games to list here, rest assured there will be tons of fun stuff to do!

5. Will police chase other criminals besides Carl Johnson? For example, will you see a car chase go by with police going after someone? Or if not that, if someone shoots at Carl and a cop sees it, will the cop chase after him or you? - Arjuna Bosch / PlanetGrandTheftAuto
R*: Yes to both questions. San Andreas is a dangerous place, and you're not the only criminal about!

6. "In Vice City, driving a car up onto the packer and then driving the packer results in the car sliding off. Have the physics been changed so that trucks and trailers can carry cars properly? - (GTA3Freak-2001) / GTA Network / GTAScraper
R*: We have a surprise in store for you on this one.

7. Will the gameplay of Las Venturas include gambling, if so, what options are open to us? - (zeppelincheetah) / GTA Network / GTAScraper
R*: Yes on gambling (a number of the mini-games we mentioned). Details on this will be released soon, but I can reveal that there will be a number of gambling types you can choose from.

8. Will we be able to find any sub-plots in the deserts/woods or just random rampages? - (smithstock) / GTA Network / GTAScraper
R*: There are always subplots in GTA games! There will be missions in the countryside and desert along those lines.

9. What will be blocking us from entering the other cities/locations? - (Dead at 4 PM) / GTA Network / GTAScraper
R*: There is some story wrapped up in this, but to answer your question, a 4 star wanted level any time you leave the areas you've opened. And this particular wanted level you cannot shed with things like Pay & Spray or Police Bribes. This means that you can explore areas of the state you haven't opened, but only with a small army of police officers hunting you down!

10. How do you choose actors to voice the characters? Is it a long process, or do you just pick people with well-known names? - SwissMiss33 / GTA Warehouse
R*: It's a long process, we choose actors who will give us the performance we're looking for. Since we don't promote our games based off the voice actors in it, the name recognition isn't important to us.

11. What role have trolleys (trams)? Can we use others public service vehicles like airplanes and boats? - (lefantome) / GTAnetwork.it
R*: They function as public transport, which CJ can use. The train is the other public service you can ride around the state.

12. Will there be animals in San Andreas like dogs, pigs and cows? What kind of interaction we have with them and can they react if scared? - (Thomasbz & El Presy & God_of_GTA) / GTAnetwork.it
R*: No, another funny rumor, that one started by an audio clip on the website that mentioned a K-9 unit. We don't particularly like the idea of children or small fuzzy animals in our games.

13. Can we buy vehicles too or we have just to steal them? - (MxM) / GTAnetwork.it
R*: You can buy vehicles, but not every one in the game. There will be a couple dealers who will sell some of the higher-end vehicles to you, but only after you've done a bit of work for them.

14. We must spend with a game about 150 hours to complete San Andreas. Is this number of hours to complete main story or 100% of the game? - (Mastah) / GTA.pl
R*: That number is really general. We don't like giving a number like that out, because invariably questions like these come up, but people insist on putting a number on the games. Obviously there are very different ways of playing Grand Theft Auto. Some players just like to "play-through", finishing the main storyline or getting to 100% as fast as they can. Other people go at the main storyline at a more leisurely pace. And some people never even really play the story at all, they might just download cheats and sandbox around the map. Our guess of 150 hours is the amount of time we think it would take someone to hit 100% who wasn't rushing through the game as quickly as possible with a strategy guide.

15. In which way we will choose the second gun? From a menu; using other keys, etc.? - (Mastah) / GTA.pl
R*: If you're referring to holding dual-weapons, the second weapon is always the same as the primary so there is no selection process. Once your skill level with a weapon is high enough, holding 2 becomes possible, and they're linked by a single firing button (though you must find a second gun!). If your question is more general, then hopefully this answers it: gun selection works exactly like it did in Vice. You can carry one weapon of each type at a time. If you want to replace your current weapon with another of the same type, hold down L1 while standing over it. Your old weapon will be permanently discarded. Cycle though your available weapons with L2 and R2. Circle to fire!

16. When R* make their vector images of GTA characters and stuff, do they start with an actual screenshot or photo or just start drawing it from scratch? - Tibor
Vehicles are often created from renders or screenshots, and characters are most often done off of photographs or concept sketches. You'll be interested to note though, Tibor, that the images are drawn by hand with pencil and ink. They're then scanned and colored in Adobe Photoshop. Once finished, the images are hand-traced in Adobe Illustrator, a labor-intensive process, but the results are worth it!

17. Is it easy to get rich or will have to battle your way through the game? - (Christoph Decker) / gtareactor.de
R*: If you focus on earning money, you will find ways to add to your roll even early on. As usual with Grand Theft Auto, how you spend your time is up to you!

18. When did you start working on SA? Did you work on it simultaneously with Vice City? - Alexander Grenberg / GTAsajten
R*: We started work right as Vice City was finishing up.

19. There were 97 vehicles in GTA Vice City, how many are there going to be in GTA San Andreas? - (Martin Glomb) / www.gta-action.com
R*: San Andreas will have over double the number of vehicles in Vice City.

I hope this time it's gonna work. Stop posting on this stupid Mortal Kombat thread you damn gang of morons.

I'm just kidding. But not really.

evil ways said:
You tha' goddamn devil.

Eh! A visitor! Welcome to San Andreas!

YeOldeMap-2.jpg

neptunes

18. When did you start working on SA? Did you work on it simultaneously with Vice City? - Alexander Grenberg / GTAsajten
R*: We started work right as Vice City was finishing up.

glad they cleared that up!

bitwise

Banned
maybe if you didn't talk shit about the games I like, I would be willing to talk about the games YOU like.

but, no.

bitwise said:
maybe if you didn't talk shit about the games I like, I would be willing to talk about the games YOU like.

but, no.

Mortal Kombat sucks. Get over it. Can you kill hippies in Mortal Kombat? I THINK NOT! Can you drive a Spitfire plane in Mortal Kombat? I THINK NOT!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fake headlines anger Black Baby Jesus. Be thankful I'm in a good mood thanks to this delicious pizza that just arrived at my doorstep.

snapty00

Banned
I'm sure he fooled lots of people. Definitely worth a ban, since the subject line made it sound so convincing, too.

Catalyst

Banned
I don't see how it's going to be possibly to completely explore everything in this game within just a few months. If there was one game, other than Halo 2, for anyone to buy if they want lifespan in a game, this is it. It.

evil ways

12. Will there be animals in San Andreas like dogs, pigs and cows? What kind of interaction we have with them and can they react if scared? - (Thomasbz & El Presy & God_of_GTA) / GTAnetwork.it
R*: No, another funny rumor, that one started by an audio clip on the website that mentioned a K-9 unit. We don't particularly like the idea of children or small fuzzy animals in our games.

Children I understand, but why not animals? If they're concerned about PETA, make them so you cannot interact with them on a violent way.

As for the amount of vehicles, DAMN!!, and I bet that's not even counting customized cars.

Wait, what was the topic origonaly called? "Grand Theft Auto: San Anderas CANCELLED!!!111!!!1"?

9. What will be blocking us from entering the other cities/locations? - (Dead at 4 PM) / GTA Network / GTAScraper
R*: There is some story wrapped up in this, but to answer your question, a 4 star wanted level any time you leave the areas you've opened. And this particular wanted level you cannot shed with things like Pay & Spray or Police Bribes. This means that you can explore areas of the state you haven't opened, but only with a small army of police officers hunting you down!

I dont get this...? It seems badly worded or soemthing, is it saying a specific mission will have you running from police with a 4 star wanted level and the mission will also be the first time you can move out of the first city?

~Black Deatha

raYne

Black Deatha said:
Wait, what was the topic origonaly called? "Grand Theft Auto: San Anderas CANCELLED!!!111!!!1"?

I dont get this...? It seems badly worded or soemthing, is it saying a specific mission will have you running from police with a 4 star wanted level and the mission will also be the first time you can move out of the first city?

~Black Deatha

For example you can leave Flint County and go to San Fierro without unlocking it, but you'll automatically have a 4 star level. So you can try and explore, but police will be on your ass the whole time (can't get rid of the level)... so it's best to stay in Flint County.

I'm just gald they didn't do something dumb like the natural disaster in VC. A mud slide stopping you from going to San Fierro!

Gattsu25

Banned
GTA games typicaly don't begin with everything unlocked.

Previously, they would close off a bridge until a certain time in the storyline and eventually unlock the entire city as you progress.

Now, they let you explore the entire map from the start--though if you wander out of the areas that you have unlocked so far you are given a 4-star wanted that you cannot get rid of until you return to the unlocked areas.

This allows you to explore the whole map from the start but with the danger of constantly being knocked off the road and/or shot to death by the police (as opposed to never being able to explore the other areas until you complete certain missions)

Black Deatha said:

~Black Deatha

When you go to the other city first, you will be chased down by police all the time. But after some mission, you'll be able to get there without any police.

Sein

Neo Member
Black Deatha said:

~Black Deatha

No, the answer isn't confusing at all.

You can go anywhere you want, but if you enter an area that you haven't properly unlocked, your wanted level will increase to four stars. You won't be able to reduce your wanted level, so you'll have the police in high pursuit and won't be able to explore the area leisurely.

evil ways

It seems there will be a storyline reason why you shouldn't be able to explore the rest of the city(like III's bridge and Vice's hurricane), but if you manage to find a way to sneak out of the allowed area(*hint* *hint* swimming) you'll get an auto 4 star wanted level until you go back to the currently unlocked areas.

Vlad

Has there been a really in-depth description of the aiming system yet? Everything I read about this game ups my anticipation for it more and more, but I'm still apprehensive about the aiming after trying to use the console style aiming on the PC version of GTA3.

Either way, it really sounds like they completely outdid themselves this time. And to think, this isn't even GTA4 yet!

Gattsu25

Banned
Vlad said:
Has there been a really in-depth description of the aiming system yet?

It's supposed to be like Manhunt's right?

Just rent Manhunt and play up to the gun levels. Make sure you play it in the presensce of elentary school children

:lol thanks raYne, Gattsu25, Littleberu, Sein and evil ways, I just re-read it and it makes scence now, I was way off there..., that's cool I suspose, but I can see my self probably not even bothering leaving Los Santos for quite some time, I'll be so busy exploring the hell out of it, than again, 4 stars have been nothing more than a minor annoyance in GTA3 and VC, so maybe it will be ok. Than again the AI is once again improved...

I love cop chases, so fun.

~Black Deatha

BTW I'm almost sure that B-Balling is the in the game, not just in cutscene form. Check the 2nd trailer, when they quickly cut thorough various scenes of the game...at about 20secs in (keep pausing the vid, or you'll miss it). You can quite obviously see CJ messing around with the basketball.

raYne

Vlad said:
Has there been a really in-depth description of the aiming system yet? Everything I read about this game ups my anticipation for it more and more, but I'm still apprehensive about the aiming after trying to use the console style aiming on the PC version of GTA3.

Either way, it really sounds like they completely outdid themselves this time. And to think, this isn't even GTA4 yet!

They pretty much took the aiming system from Manhunt and tweaked it a little. It still has default console GTA lock-on aiming but you can also aim freely if you choose to, I'm not sure if you can free aim and move at the same time however, but I doubt it since they also said you had 360 camera control. Also, if you're within a cerrtain range you'll automatically aim for the head when you lock on.

BTW I'm almost sure that B-Balling is the in the game, not just in cutscene form. Check the 2nd trailer, when they quickly cut thorough various scenes of the game...at about 20secs in (keep pausing the vid, or you'll miss it). You can quite obviously see CJ messing around with the basketball.

He said the part showed in the videos were cut-scenes.

Gattsu25

Banned
according to rockstar: no more being surrounded by 20 gangsters pointing shotguns at you, locking on, and pointing your gun at the old grandma trying to run away

Gattsu25 said:
according to rockstar: no more being surrounded by 20 gangsters pointing shotguns at you, locking on, and pointing your gun at the old grandma trying to run away

That was the most annoying this in the world. Otherwise I was cool with the lock-on in GTA3 and VC. Even though it was a bit crazed at times.

I never had hated the lock on in in the games the way some do, it's by no means perfect, but to be honest I was more annoyed by the lock on in Fable, i was like impossable to switch your target, you let of of locking on and hit th button again and it would lock right back on to the exact same guy.

~Black Deatha

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah, Fable's lock on is more annoying for two reasons IMO:

You cannot kill people you lock on to as easily as you can in GTA games (quickest way to switch targets IMO :b)
If you play a good character, you don't even want to kill a person you accidentally targetted

raYne

That was the most annoying this in the world. Otherwise I was cool with the lock-on in GTA3 and VC. Even though it was a bit crazed at times.
One thing I really hated about the III/VC aiming is that you couldn't aim while back up. And I don't even remember if you can do it in Manhunt. :/

*edit*
Just checked, you can aim while backing away in Manhunt... man I hope that gets carried over.

Regarding Fable, you're doing it too fast. It's just like casting lightning in the Heroes Guild at the beginning... let go -> wait a spilt second it'll target the next enemy -> pull trigger.

The main problem I had with lock-on in Fable is that under certain lighting conditions I couldn't tell who I was even locked on to. But that went away as I got used to it.

That's true, but on my good cherecter in Fable I ended up killing about 7 innocents throughout the game, a couple were when trying to pick off banditys attacking them, I would fire an arrow and either have locked on to the wrong cherecter, or the bandit was behing the villager...

And yeah, it sounds like SA's aiming is going to be what I always thought they should have implimented in GTA3 in the first place. something more like 3rd person shoters usualy have. Cant wait.

~Black Deatha

Ranger X

WOW!! I did find the first and only thing i don't like about this game so far! ( pffew )
Question #9. The fuck with that? block me like before or let me explore, not put stars for nothing!!! ;(

Wyzdom said:
WOW!! I did find the first and only thing i don't like about this game so far! ( pffew )
Question #9. The fuck with that? block me like before or let me explore, not put stars for nothing!!! ;(

What? Why are you complaining? :p You just don't go there if you don't want cops on your ass!

Ranger X

Littleberu said:
What? Why are you complaining? :p You just don't go there if you don't want cops on your ass!

Nahhhh, really? lol
It's not a flaw to make write a book about of course. It was just a critic. There could be a better way than this "get star for nothing" solution that's all. No big deal.
Still happy to find something i'm not totally for with this game because i fear, i REALLY fear this is gonna be the best game this gen and the best game since a god damn long time. Damn, i kinda have a life nowadays and also a fucking nice job... i can't be addicted to games like a 14 years old anymore... ;(

evil ways

Thing is, that getting an auto 4 star wanted level is probably supported by or explained in the story, like maybe there is a warrant for your arrest and if you step out of certain areas at the beginning of the game, cops will be on your tail.

It's better than just having an invisible wall or a small roadbloack that you can't cross or jump over.

Top Bottom