• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"I re-plaster unpopular glory holes."

hahahaa

Probably the best episode of the season

ivysaur12

Banned
The Dudley's sketch had to have been one of the worst sketches of the night.

What's the joke? That people don't necessarily want to see rich white people on television? That "twitter" (which isn't a monolithic entity) is some sort of politically correct social justice warrior? And then lol conservatives, right?

Come the fuck on. But lol political correctness, right?

kirblar

The Dudley's sketch had to have been one of the worst sketches of the night.

What's the joke? That people don't necessarily want to see rich white people on television? That "twitter" (which isn't a monolithic entity) is some sort of politically correct social justice warrior? And then lol conservatives, right?

Come the fuck on. But lol political correctness, right?
It was commentary on how trying to pander to everyone leaves everyone unhappy. Do what you do, ignore that sort of feedback.

Fatalah

Cecily Strong to helm White House Correspondents’ dinner

Good for Cecily!

131107mag-cicily-strong1_300x206.jpg

big ander

I have actually loved this season of SNL. Best in quite a few years. There are still some duds but never just combos of terrible sketches.

This cut-at-dress sketch is hysterical too. Would've been one of the best. Simple, nearing rote joke at its center yeah, that people use social media as if it's some sort of game, but it's extravagant and fun and the joke is taken so far that it circles back around to being hilarious.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hosts and musical guests for December:

December 6th: James Franco and Nicki Minaj
December 13th: Martin Freeman and Charli XCX
December 20th: Amy Adams and One Direction

Hosts and musical guests for December:

December 6th: James Franco and Nicki Minaj
December 13th: Martin Freeman and CharlI XCX
December 20th: Amy Adams and One Direction

Martin Freeman is an interesting choice.

I look forward to that one.

I have actually loved this season of SNL. Best in quite a few years. There are still some duds but never just combos of terrible sketches.

This cut-at-dress sketch is hysterical too. Would've been one of the best. Simple, nearing rote joke at its center yeah, that people use social media as if it's some sort of game, but it's extravagant and fun and the joke is taken so far that it circles back around to being hilarious.

I will need to watch this when I get home.

kingocfs

I thought the season started out really weak, but it's picked up pretty nicely. I think last ep was my favorite. That football sketch killed me.

vatstep

Cameron Diaz tonight. Not expecting her to be a very good host, but we'll see; the show has been better as of late, so hopefully they can keep up the pace.

vatstep

That was the shortest monologue ever.

Bgamer90

Banned
So... anyone else think Leslie will be a permanent member next season? She's getting a whole lot of starring roles in sketches even though she's a featured player.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah, this episode is bombing so far. Had an assumption this week's episode wouldn't be good due to last week's episode; Constant trend of a very dull episode after an episode that's pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom