• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took one look at Kate McKinnon as Jeff Sessions and offed my TV. No thanks, not gonna end my week on that note. Was kinda tired anyways. Impression isn't good and she looks creepy as hell. SNL wants to make Trump mad by having women impersonate his cabinet picks, but they need to have people that are as good at the impressions as McCarthy to pull it off.

Lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
Took one look at Kate McKinnon as Jeff Sessions and offed my TV. No thanks, not gonna end my week on that note. Was kinda tired anyways. Impression isn't good and she looks creepy as hell. SNL wants to make Trump mad by having women impersonate his cabinet picks, but they need to have people that are as good at the impressions as McCarthy to pull it off.

triggered lol

Blader

Killing it on both shorts tonight

That's weird, because McCarthy's Spicer is the worst impression of the lot.

(it's funny, but it's the least close to the real person)

The important part of an SNL impression isn't whether it sounds like the person being impersonated, it's whether the impression is an effective parody of the person in general.

Goodstyle

Killing it on both shorts tonight

That's weird, because McCarthy's Spicer is the worst impression of the lot.

(it's funny, but it's the least close to the real person)
I don't mean it's accurate, I mean it's funny. Meanwhile, McKinnon as Sessions honestly makes my skin crawl. Before I go to bed I usually spend like an hour on my phone prior to sleeping, but I think I'll have some trouble because I'm definitely getting nightmares tonight.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This episode is horrendous so far. They're just doing impressions and it's still pre-Weekend Update.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Eh? I thought her impression was spot on.

Pretty good sketch except when that last chick messed up on the Alabama line.

Blader

That impressions sketch seemed like Melissa asking the writers to finally give her something that wasn't a bit part buried in a latter half skit... but she nailed it

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Thought that TBD sketch was lame. It was good with the first "TBD" but then went downhill quickly.

Eh I will say McKinnon is over used (Kristen Wigg effect) when they can pick other cast members to fill in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jeez, they didn't even try with that Zoo-opolis sketch.

TheMan

I'm ok with this kind of dancing if it's obvious that the singer is totally into the music, though this is questionable

Yeah, I'd say Maynard is kind if similar in that he looks ridiculous, but he's just kind of in his own headspace. Lorde I think is doing the same but she looks sillier.

Tall4Life

Yeah, I'd say Maynard is kind if similar in that he looks ridiculous, but he's just kind of in his own headspace. Lorde I think is doing the same but she looks sillier.
Right, like I can tell Thom Yorke is really fucking into what he's doing
ThomYorkTumblr-081012-8.gif

With Lorde she doesn't have much of a range or change in tone for me to really tell how she actually feels

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just catching up on last week's episode, but I wonder if the feminist male hitting on women sketch has anything to do with Jamie Kilstein being accused of being emotionally manipulative and using his status of feminist to make inappropriate advances on women just days before the sketch aired.

He's not much more than a podcast host and comedian I used to and still sort of admire, but the timing seems more than coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom