• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Man, I'm only a few minutes into the podcast but Liam just knocked it out of the park with his " So let me get this straight, of the 4 of you discounting Rocky, yourself, and the one other guy who had seen it, 'no one there had seen Robocop'?"

Pure Gold.

Anung

Un Rama
3 minutes in to the podcast and its already cacophony of talking over each other. Which is a shame as they were fine the last 2 weeks.

Get good (mics)

iu

It's not gonna happen.

No, there's a decent chance of that happening. But Ultimax for Fisticuffs will never happen, not until nobody cares anymore.

Skrams

An eh conference and I don't expect any of them to care about it besides Liam because Liam. Also another David Cage game on the horizon probably and I assume it will be more Non Stop Infinite Climax Shitting on David Cage.

Although SF5 yeah, of course.

Tekken in VR?

uwotm8

How the hell will that even work?
Summer Lesson, but I romance Heihachi or Kuma

Or Volleyball mode
Are you guys excited for the new lp where woolie says david should kill himself again

I'm super excited

I didn't watch Beyond, but if that was a thing in the LP then yikes.

I didn't watch Beyond, but if that was a thing in the LP then yikes.

Between that and his lust for child murder in the Dangan LP bordering on near obsession, I'm beginning to worry about the man's morals.

"Thieves are the worst people on the planet. But yo, let's go smash these kids head in with a hammer!"

Between that and his lust for child murder in the Dangan LP bordering on near obsession, I'm beginning to worry about the man's morals.

"Thieves are the worst people on the planet. But yo, let's go smash these kids head in with a hammer!"

I'm sure he's playing it up to added effect
poorly. I hope...

And thus the Sadness Trilogy has become a Quadrilogy.

I MAEK DA BAD GAEM.

aly

I liked the conference. And you know what, I like David Cage games. I like playing them and I like people making reasonable fun of them. Sadness trilogy is about to get even better.

MrHoot

Yeah, very lukewarm conference (especially compared to E3 which was so massive. But even TGS this year was way better). The street fighter part was nice tho and a few nice showings, but mostly stuff we already knew.

didnt you listen to the podcast
they said they are

Haven't listened to it yet, gomen ;~;

Nah, Woolie's being a good Klingon, wanting to kill all of his enemies so that they can't come back and stab him in the back.

MrHoot

On the one hand, the prospect of a new David Cage game fills me with dread

On the other hand, the resulting lp will be glorious

It was his plan all along

Moonlight

Banned
Liam disliking Zestiria made me feel bad. I genuinely really like the cast of the game. The game's goofy, but I felt it was restrained enough not to cross over into obnoxiousness. There's something unpretentiously sincere to its' simplicity, and I find the combat to be pretty strong too. Ah well.

Numb

If you think about it, Big E and Kofi Kingston are basically Xavier Woods's stand and Brock is Paul Heyman's stand.

I knew that Jojo was basically the WWE but the WWe being jojo never crossed my mind.
Jojo in everything pls. It worked for everything that ever took it so nothing bad can happen.
Eddie guereros stand is his car.

Is Undertaker Kane's stand or the other way around?

No right now Demon Kane is Corporate Kane's stand and Taker is a stand that lost its user (RIP Paul Bearer) and now lurks around WWE looking for mortals to teleport on and dick kick.

Though him and Demon Kane just got their powers sapped by Bray Wyatt so RIP.

xezuru

As someone who used to live for Tales games (Symphonia was my favorite, Vesperia is probably the best and the series kept me going meeting a bearable standard until after Graces F, which had a horrific story but the customization implemented into combat was one of the most addicting shits in games), Liam dumping on Zestria pretty much aligns with the complaints that made me stop caring about the series in Xillia onward. The downward spiral of less and less RPG design and inability to try to evolve any aspect maybe barring tiny combat changes is ugh.

It's a shame, I really wish I could feel the magic again.

I liked the conference. And you know what, I like David Cage games. I like playing them and I like people making reasonable fun of them. Sadness trilogy is about to get even better.

Hmm, I'm with you aly. Though, Indigo Prophecy pissed me off with it's nonsense, and I've been to scurred to even try beyond... Heavy Rain was a good time. Both to play, and then make fun of later.

Skrams

Pat - "Assassin Creed protagonists after Ezio are so forgettable. Does anyone in here remember the characters name from AC4?"

Everyone and me who has never touched an AC game - "Edward Kenway"

Pat - "Oh"

I don't know who the people are in Unity, Freedom Cry, Liberation, or AC3 though. Forgot it was a Kenway in 3 and I don't even have an inkling of an idea for the others.

Breaking the games is more fun than playing it straight, admit it.

Matt and Pat make those games so much fun and joy to watch.

Fat4all

Banned
emotionsjimquisition_zps75dc0f0f.gif

Pat - "Assassin Creed protagonists after Ezio are so forgettable. Does anyone in here remember the characters name from AC4?"

Everyone and me who has never touched an AC game - "Edward Kenway"

Pat - "Oh"

I don't know who the people are in Unity, Freedom Cry, Liberation, or AC3 though. Forgot it was a Kenway in 3 and I don't even have an inkling of an idea for the others.

Honestly Edward Kenway is easily the most relatable and memorable AC character besides Ezio.

Moonlight

Banned
Edward is literally the best AC protagonist. He was like the franchise's oblique way of making fun of itself. He's the outsider looking in on the dumb conspiracy bullshit and he just wants to get paid.

Edward is literally the best AC protagonist. He was like the franchise's oblique way of making fun of itself. He's the outsider looking in on the dumb conspiracy bullshit and he just wants to get paid.

Should I play Black Flag? I feel like I should play Black Flag. That said, I tried Asscred 2 a few years ago and couldn't stand the gameplay.

Moonlight

Banned
Should I play Black Flag? I feel like I should play Black Flag. That said, I tried Asscred 2 a few years ago and couldn't stand the gameplay.
If you can get it really cheap, I recommend it, because the best parts of Black Flag involve the significant portion of the game you are not actually playing an Assassin's Creed game. The story is genuinely pretty fun (my personal favourite, actually), but some of the missions are actual horseshit, so it's sort of give and take.

I'd hesitate to recommend spending anything over, like, ten bucks at most for it if you don't like AC games, though. Tailing missions encapsulate every single thing wrong with Assassin's Creed.

I just got to the part of the podcast where they mentioned Dio's new design, so I checked it out. Man, I love it. I can't wait to see the model in game.

Top Bottom