• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Xiraiya

It's almost like Sahelanthropus's chest/ribs opening up and glowing looks like a prime spot to start attacking it, I don't know, maybe I'm crazy since that's not occurring to either Pat or Liam... oh it eventually did.

Vessel Metal gear Pt. 30 :
Liam admitting that Ground Zeroes is the superior Metal Gear game. So true.
I just played through GZ yesterday, it's kind of shocking how shitty and beta-ish it looks and feels next to MGSV mechanically and UI wise.

Anung

Un Rama
I just played through GZ yesterday, it's kind of shocking how shitty and beta-ish it looks and feels next to MGSV mechanically and UI wise.

Is it really shocking though? It came out like a year and half before MGSV. Of course it'd feel more of a precursor version of the more complete game (lol).

It's almost like Sahelanthropus's chest/ribs opening up and glowing looks like a prime spot to start attacking it, I don't know, maybe I'm crazy since that's not occurring to either Pat or Liam... oh it eventually did.

It's not like you need to shoot his weak points to win the fight anyway, he may as well be made of plastic given how easy he is to beat.

Xiraiya

Goddamn Fatal Frame 5 has some annoying moments
Watching them ignoring enemy/ghost indicators on screen for most of the episode.

Pat: Boy it's great you have this down time in a regular house with no ghosts
*Ghost indicator keeps appearing as they explore the house*
Matt: Yeah I guess at some point there has to be a safe area

And then Matt doing the UD thing where he disguises his complete lack of being able to pay attention as the game being weird on him
Pat: Matt move back to catch all the ghosts in frame, one is to your right"
*Matt proceeds to focus on one ghost trying to aim a shot*
*sequence of Matt getting attacked*
Pat: See I told you, you shouldn't have been ignoring that other one
Matt: ........... Uh...okay that...was weird, the game just kind of knocked me out of photo mode
Yes Matt, that is weird that the game would knock you out of aiming when you're attacked by an enemy you were warned about but ignored.

Still a good video overall but holy shit having Matt in control is truly baffling to watch.

Skrams

Weird, that Undertale was on their site last night around midnight EST or something. Their schedule right now is all kinds of fucked up.

does this fact make me less right, or more?

The same amount. It just makes it weirder that the guys somehow don't have control over their own Vessel account. I just don't get how this is a thing where they or machinima just fuck up uploads like this. This is a really rough start to Vessel being a thing.

Weird, that Undertale was on their site last night around midnight EST or something. Their schedule right now is all kinds of fucked up.

The same amount. It just makes it weirder that the guys somehow don't have control over their own Vessel account. I just don't get how this is a thing where they or machinima just fuck up uploads like this. This is a really rough start to Vessel being a thing.

Everything about their output recently has been incredibly inconsistent and weird. Wonder what's going on. I know Matt's busy with his wedding stuff, but there's 4 guys here.

Edit: 2 Dangans in one day. Not that I'm complaining, but what?

Anung

Un Rama
Everything about their output recently has been incredibly inconsistent and weird. Wonder what's going on. I know Matt's busy with his wedding stuff, but there's 4 guys here.

I just assumed it was because they've stepped up production to like 3 videos a day. More work, less consistency and more room for error. They also seem to be less considered about what they should LP. So we get locked into bad LP's that aren't great which obviously sucks.

They are racing to get that shit finished. And I don't blame them tbh.

Skrams

It reeks of Vessel/Machinima communication being relegated to one best friend who then has to talk to one guy at machinima who doesn't sound like he works on Sundays so he doesn't click the upload button.

I also don't think 2 Dangans in one day was a thing unless I missed something.
I just assumed it was because they've stepped up production to like 3 videos a day. More work, less consistency and more room for error. They also seem to be less considered about what they should LP. So we get locked into bad LP's that aren't great which obviously sucks.

They seem like they're obviously trying to get DR out the door, but also trying to make up for the dislike by putting up another video to make up for it. I think I actually said this suggestion a month or something ago with making DR an extra video.

I've always liked the idea of having an unsuccessful LP pushed to the side so that it releases as an extra release along with everything else. It's a lot harder on them since they would have to record a lot more since it'd basically just be an extra, but it's a pretty easy solution to deal with the criticism. I'm not saying dump it on the floor like a bag of garbage with shit commentary, but I'd probably hear less about DR being a bummer if it was a weekday release as an extra video. Having 2 Souls-like LPs going on right now as in taking 50 parts? I don't know if they planned this well.

Yeah, okay, I did. The sooner they get DR out the door, the sooner they can maybe get the schedule fixed time wise so shit ain't so wack. Hell, watch us get some super wanted LP after shitstorm is over to help deal with the criticism. Here we go, Silent Hill 3?

Woolie and Liam have a surprisingly strong stance on child murder...
To be fair, that should be the audience's stance with any villain that's that murder happy and shows no sign that negotiating is even a possibility. Too many shows/games/movies/etc... try to pull this bullshit where killing the people who commit horrible atrocities is evil, even when there's no signs of dissent in the ranks or any other signs that the grunts/average civilians think this is bad.

Gundam AGE is a huge example of this. The entire final arc wouldn't have happened if one of the protagonists got his way and genocided the Vegan assholes.
The bad guys weren't actual vegetarians, but their name is literally one letter off from "vegan".

joe2187

Banned
To be fair, that should be the audience's stance with any villain that's that murder happy and shows no sign that negotiating is even a possibility. Too many shows/games/movies/etc... try to pull this bullshit where killing the people who commit horrible atrocities is evil, even when there's no signs of dissent in the ranks or any other signs that the grunts/average civilians think this is bad.

Gundam AGE is a huge example of this. The entire final arc wouldn't have happened if one of the protagonists got his way and genocided the Vegan assholes.
The bad guys weren't actual vegetarians, but their name is literally one letter off from "vegan".

Yeah but in the context of child soldiers in MGSV it doesnt make any sense to kill the children. Boss has no motivation or any advantages to gain from murdering them at all
Except for liquid.

Laputa_94

They also seem to be less considered about what they should LP. So we get locked into bad LP's that aren't great which obviously sucks.

Truly the Golden Age is long gone. We frienders are now in a conviction arc of sorts.

Numb

Truly the Golden Age is long gone. We frienders are now in a conviction arc of sorts.

Never really cared bout what they LPed as long as they brought the hype and were entertaining.
There are ofcourse games i would want they play but so does everyone else.
whens Chicken Little Ace in action full LP?

Yeah but in the context of child soldiers in MGSV it doesnt make any sense to kill the children. Boss has no motivation or any advantages to gain from murdering them at all
When you said Woolie and Liam, I thought you were specifically referring to the Danganronpa LP. I wouldn't know anything about the MGS V LP, since I'm avoiding that due to spoilers.

Geg

Yeah that undertale ep has been up on vessel to watch for free since Friday. Weird that it took them so long to get it up on youtube

Laputa_94

Never really cared bout what they LPed as long as they brought the hype and were entertaining.
There are ofcourse games i would want they play but so does everyone else.

I used to feel the same way up to this year, but now I don't bother watching a LP unless is has a specific pairing I like or is a game I would like to watch. Unless its something like the shitstorm since their one offs.

joe2187

Banned
When you said Woolie and Liam, I thought you were specifically referring to the Danganronpa LP. I wouldn't know anything about the MGS V LP, since I'm avoiding that due to spoilers.

I am talking about the DR: LP. But since Woolie and Liam seem to have trouble ever staying on topic in the LP they go off on unrelated tangents every other minute or so.

Numb

I used to feel the same way up to this year, but now I don't bother watching a LP unless is has a specific pairing I like or is a game I would like to watch. Unless its something like the shitstorm since their one offs.

Can see your point.Get excited when they play something i never heard of or won't touch. Getting to see the game in action which is new to you is good. I do sigh if they decide to play something that's in my sights and especially on launch then i gotta blacklist that LP till i finish the game myself or are far enough ahead.

I know I've said this multiple times, but please don't bring Woolie on story driven LP's anymore, especially not Dangan 3 if it happens. He has the most unrealistic expectations and holy shit is it annoying to hear him whine about things like a character not having a Mega Buster arm when it's clearly a cast or completely getting characters relationships wrong despite them being one of his favorite characters.

Oh, and yeah. His child murder boner.

Neol

Yea I hate to admit it but this is kinda the Dark Age.

And I would say maybe just for me but I've seen a good amount of people not enjoying the current lineup as well. The only things that interest me right now is fisticuffs and some of the shitstorm which to be honest is pretty bland this year.

At least I got the podcast to keep me entertained so as long as they keep that up I don't mind not finding an LP to enjoy.

I am talking about the DR: LP. But since Woolie and Liam seem to have trouble ever staying on topic in the LP they go off on unrelated tangents every other minute or so.
Until the last episode or two, there were pretty much no Monokuma head kid non-combatants, so killing them was totally acceptable because they were still threats. Killing cowering Monokuma head kids isn't, unless they try to shank people.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yea I hate to admit it but this is kinda the Dark Age.

And I would say maybe just for me but I've seen a good amount of people not enjoying the current lineup as well. The only things that interest me right now is fisticuffs and some of the shitstorm which to be honest is pretty bland this year.

At least I got the podcast to keep me entertained so as long as they keep that up I don't mind not finding an LP to enjoy.
And it only took 4 years to get here.

Can you put it in spoilers?

I don't think it requires spoiler tags, but just to be safe.

The final episode of DR got uploaded.

-------------------------------------------------

Danganronpa Vessel Spoilers

Welp, a disappointing LP from start to finish. Good job. Not surprised that neither of them thought the game was good. While I didn't think the game was great by any means I still enjoyed it a lot.

sjay1994

I don't think it requires spoiler tags, but just to be safe.

The final episode of DR got uploaded.

-------------------------------------------------

Danganronpa Vessel Spoilers

Welp, a disappointing LP from start to finish. Good job. Not surprised that neither of them thought the game was good. While I didn't think the game was great by any means I still enjoyed it a lot.

It feels like a great weight has been lifted from the channel. What a bad LP. Its a coupling of a mediocre game + nothing commentary.

sjay1994

Except for liquid.

Not to mention its probably against certification to allow a player to harm children/show graphic content of children getting killed. I've played tons of video games where kids are immortal, and are intentionally made shits because they can't be harmed.

I am surprised MGS even went as far as to allow you to see you harming a child.

aly

Except for liquid.

You just reminded me of how lame the child solider part has been. Mostly because we've rarely seen the kids.
Liquid best kid though.

Top Bottom