• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Was listening to the Guitar Hero section of the podcast. Did they read they only read the OP of that NeoGAF thread because it seems like they're completely misinformed.

I'm pretty sure you can play the 42 songs that come on the disc whenever you want, and then the 200+ songs on GHTV have the subscription model (at least that's what I'm pretty sure it is from reading later on in that thread), but it seems like they think there's only 42 songs in the game and they're all on GHTV under the subscription model.

Edit: Ok finished it, so Pat corrected them. My bad.

Was listening to the Guitar Hero section of the podcast. Did they read they only read the OP of that NeoGAF thread because it seems like they're completely misinformed.

I'm pretty sure you can play the 42 songs that come on the disc whenever you want, and then the 200+ songs on GHTV have the subscription model (at least that's what I'm pretty sure it is from reading later on in that thread), but it seems like they think there's only 42 songs in the game and they're all on GHTV under the subscription model.
"Do the best friends do research before complaining about shit"

No

Fat4all

Banned
Latest Vessel Shitstorm pretty much confirms that whatever the last game that they show will be a full LP.

It's gotta be SOMA.

EDIT: wonder if the PGW let's watch will show up on Vessel.

"Do the best friends do research before complaining about shit"

No

Nah, they figured out the 42 on/disc 200 live. I really don't see at all how its gross though. It only sucks for the people who want to master a song since they have to pay extra to keep playing a song if they run out of tokens, but for the people who just like playing songs (which I'm guessing is the majority of the fanbase), this sounds way better than any other guitar hero in terms of value. Especially because you apparently get a lot of tokens from playing.

Fat4all

Banned
Nah, they figured out the 42 on/disc 200 live. I really don't see at all how its gross though. It only sucks for the people who want to master a song since they have to pay extra to keep playing a song if they run out of tokens, but for the people who just like playing songs (which I'm guessing is the majority of the fanbase), this sounds way better than any other guitar hero in terms of value. Especially because you apparently get a lot of tokens from playing.

It's honestly not the worst model around, but after playing it for a while at my friends house I just fucking hate the guitar controller for Live.

It's so damn cheap.

How does it sound way better? In the previous Guitar Heroes, and in almost all other rhythm games, you can just play whatever song you want as much as you want. In the new one, they've added a dumb token system in order to make money off of people. Even if you do get a lot of tokens from playing it's still stupid as fuck since this system shouldn't exist in the first place.

Fat4all

Banned
I was super hyped for them to do it but after Whistleblower I'm lukewarm on the idea now. Probably going to be infuriating.

They way they are illuding to it, I'm almost positive the start of the game will be terrible with them playing it (considering they probably though of it as a one-off).

But seeing as they decided to stick with it, hopefully they do it more justice the more they play it.

How does it sound way better? In the previous Guitar Heroes, and in almost all other rhythm games, you can just play whatever song you want as much as you want. In the new one, they've added a dumb token system in order to make money off of people. Even if you do get a lot of tokens from playing it's still stupid as fuck since this system shouldn't exist in the first place.

sounds way better than any other guitar hero in terms of value

PG please 240 is more than 80! I never said the new live system was better than the old games pick and play.

I was super hyped for them to do it but after Whistleblower I'm lukewarm on the idea now. Probably going to be infuriating.
Whistler blower had way more stuff going on in it then soma does. A good 90% of soma is walking around and taking in the atmosphere and story. The game has monster encounters but only like 2 of them good. As over done as it is I rather see a dark descent playthrough

Anung

Un Rama
Whistler blower had way more stuff going on in it then soma does. A good 90% of soma is walking around and taking in the atmosphere and story. The game has monster encounters but only like 2 of them good. As over done as it is I rather see a dark descent playthrough

SOMA has actual puzzles. Not just a 'climb up a small bit of debris' puzzle they got stuck on for 20 minutes.

most of SOMAs monsters can be easily trolled
also use a guide for puzzles
i would hate them for it as i had to use a puzzle guide too as some of those are bullshit

Wait, Pat beat Nocturne? Holy shit.

Nocturne doesn't really feel outdated besides its random skill selection and save spots.

True. You did say it wasn't gross, though. It's kind of gross.

For the people who want to master a single song? Agreed. For casual play (which I mentioned most likely being the majority of the fanbase), this sounds fine. They're clearly trying to hit the spotify market with this new system and I think its pretty cool honestly though obviously not without its flaws. They should let you download and purchase songs permanetely on the cheap for the people who really want to master a song.

Or put more some more songs on disc on launch and make their live service a completely separate subscription service which they keep adding songs to and let you download and play whenever.

Wait, Pat beat Nocturne? Holy shit.

Nocturne doesn't really feel outdated besides its random skill selection and save spots.

For the people who want to master a single song? Agreed. For casual play (which I mentioned most likely being the majority of the fanbase), this sounds fine. They're clearly trying to hit the spotify market with this new system and I think its pretty cool honestly though obviously not without its flaws. They should let you download and purchase songs permanetely on the cheap for the people who really want to master a song.

Or put more some more songs on disc on launch and make their live service a completely separate subscription service which they keep adding songs to and let you download and play whenever.

Nah, he probably meant 4 and goofed. He admits that the one he plays is the worst of the four and then he says he knows that there are people who swear by Nocturne and we know he's beaten 4 so I'm guessing it was a mistake.

Nah, he probably meant 4 and goofed. He admits that the one he plays is the worst of the four and then he says he knows that there are people who swear by Nocturne and we know he's beaten 4 so I'm guessing it was a mistake.

I think he meant the worst as in the worst one to go back to? Idk that discussion was unclear.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about SJ though. Need to get around to that.

"Don't play Drakengard"

Fuck you Liam, its the best.
Well to be fair, he was only half right. The correct statement is "Don't play Drakengard without the proper mental preparation."

Speaking of which, I was fucking screaming internally during that brief minute when Pat and Woolie were trying to state things about the series and getting them mixed up or incorrect.

Caim don't want any of that incest shit

I think he meant the worst as in the worst one to go back to? Idk that discussion was unclear.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about SJ though. Need to get around to that.

It has it's moments. If only for an 'easy', no grind mode I could probably recommend it.
But hell, try it out, beat it, and if you can come back here and call me a scrub after that. I'll freakin salute you.

Well to be fair, he was only half right. The correct statement is "Don't play Drakengard without the proper mental preparation."

Speaking of which, I was fucking screaming internally during that brief minute when Pat and Woolie were trying to state things about the series and getting them mixed up or incorrect.

Caim don't want any of that incest shit

Caim is too cool for any of that shit. Not sure about that Nowe loser though.

It's totally worth it. Just tough it out through the gameplay, and revel in the insanity.

its so crazy and fucked and amazing god its terrible and I love it.

It has it's moments. If only for an 'easy', no grind mode I could probably recommend it.
But hell, try it out, beat it, and if you can come back here and call me a scrub after that. I'll freakin salute you.

Yes you should. It's great.

It's kinda funny that Pat was a big reason for my jump to SMT and now he is such a casual in that series for me.

Its next on the list after I finish my playthrough of Soul Hackers, I promise!

I'm kind of glad its difficult though. I'm one of those people that like the grind in SMT games because I never get sick of those battle systems.

Numb

Yes you should. It's great.

It's kinda funny that Pat was a big reason for my jump to SMT and now he is such a casual in that series for me.

It's also funny how Pat made fun of Woolie for not playing P3 and P4 and now Woolie's finished more games in the franchise then him.

flaPEid.png
its Pat guys
what y'all expect

Caim is too cool for any of that shit. Not sure about that Nowe loser though.

its so crazy and fucked and amazing god its terrible and I love it.

Its next on the list after I finish my playthrough of Soul Hackers, I promise!

I'm kind of glad its difficult though. I'm one of those people that like the grind in SMT games because I never get sick of those battle systems.

More than the grinding, I think the fact you couldn't pick your favorite Demon's bothered me the most. Their level scaling is kinda fucked, so it takes a ridiculous amount of leveling to get a Demon past a boss they're too 'weak' for.
Having to toss my entire team every damn time I ran into a boss was always the worst. Having to grind for a couple hours too was just the garnish.

Squishy3

except for the part where every type of SMT game now is vastly different from each other outside of the Persona series, so it literally doesn't matter which ones he likes or has played or not (also caring so much about what someone any of us barely know has played or their opinions on specific games is kind of dumb)

i like games under the smt umbrella, that doesn't change the fact i think the devil survivor series is complete garbage and i have tried multiple times to go through either of them. bad games with slow-ass turns and stupid suicidal npcs that you need to save

the fact the smt game umbrella is so huge there's plenty of games there for people to like or not like and at the end of the day it doesn't fuckin matter if pat's a "smt casual" or not

Having read up on the game mechanics and the requirements for getting Ending 5, it doesn't sound worth it all. I'll probably just watch/read an LP and start NieR after.

Yeah I never went for ending 5, just looked it up after doing 4. If there's a well done LP of it out there, then I guess that'd be ideal. Maybe just play through once, and look up the rest. All I know is its worth experiencing.

Rutti

except for the part where every type of SMT game now is vastly different from each other outside of the Persona series, so it literally doesn't matter which ones he likes or has played or not (also caring so much about what someone any of us barely know has played or their opinions on specific games is kind of dumb)

i like games under the smt umbrella, that doesn't change the fact i think the devil survivor series is complete garbage and i have tried multiple times to go through either of them. bad games with slow-ass turns and stupid suicidal npcs that you need to save

the fact the smt game umbrella is so huge there's plenty of games there for people to like or not like and at the end of the day it doesn't fuckin matter if pat's a "smt casual" or not

I didn't intent to insult Pat with that casual mention and I don't really care what SMT games he has played and liked. It was meant more as an observation of how much SMT games I have consumed after I started playing Presona games partly thanks to Pat.

And while I like Overclocked, screw those NPC protection missions!

Yeah I never went for ending 5, just looked it up after doing 4. If there's a well done LP of it out there, then I guess that'd be ideal. Maybe just play through once, and look up the rest. All I know is its worth experiencing.

I'm not surprised. Having to get and grind 65 different weapons sounds like a nightmare. There's a good LP on lparchives that a friend suggested to me, but I'll try playing through the game once before I read it.

Latest Vessel Shitstorm pretty much confirms that whatever the last game that they show will be a full LP.

It's gotta be SOMA.

EDIT: wonder if the PGW let's watch will show up on Vessel.

I really hope it's not soma. Soma would be an awful lp game

God I hope it's not Soma, getting really tired of that "new wave" of first person exploring hide-and-seek horror games.

Please be FFV.

Xiraiya

Haha oh boy that Mike Z podcast, seems like a really good guy to talk to honestly even though Skull Girls is not really my thing.
Hey did you guys know the Zaibatsu have a background in testing? Did you know how big a deal that is and how in the know that makes them? I mean no wonder they got him on to "Talk Shop" Liam totally related to him and knew exactly what he was always going to say and everything.

By the way, you guys do realize that they have a QA background right?
At some point it's like, relax guys.

Pat benefited from not having that experience in QA so he just listened until he had stuff to say rather than trying, Matt was fine too.

But Liam and Woolie, woof.

Top Bottom