• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Haha oh boy that Mike Z podcast, seems like a really good guy to talk to honestly even though Skull Girls is not really my thing.
Hey did you guys know the Zaibatsu have a background in testing? Did you know how big a deal that is and how in the know that makes them? I mean no wonder they got him on to "Talk Shop" Liam totally related to him and knew exactly what he was always going to say and everything.

By the way, you guys do realize that they have a QA background right?
At some point it's like, relax guys.

Pat benefited from not having that experience in QA so he just listened until he had stuff to say rather than trying, Matt was fine too.

But Liam and Woolie, woof.

That podcast felt a little too much like an indivisible infomercial to me.
It just went on a little too long.

Edzi

Haha oh boy that Mike Z podcast, seems like a really good guy to talk to honestly even though Skull Girls is not really my thing.
Hey did you guys know the Zaibatsu have a background in testing? Did you know how big a deal that is and how in the know that makes them? I mean no wonder they got him on to "Talk Shop" Liam totally related to him and knew exactly what he was always going to say and everything.

By the way, you guys do realize that they have a QA background right?
At some point it's like, relax guys.

Pat benefited from not having that experience in QA so he just listened until he had stuff to say rather than trying, Matt was fine too.

But Liam and Woolie, woof.

Hah, glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. I didn't mind Woolie as much as Liam though, since Liam completely overshadowed him with how completely overboard he was going.

Hah, glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. I didn't mind Woolie as much as Liam though, since Liam completely overshadowed him with how completely overboard he was going.

Liam in pretty much everything lately has become pretty bad with his "I'm better than you" attitude, then playfully playing it off as "Oh I was just kidding" or "I never said that."

MrHoot

Turns out my power outage wasn't just a power outage but my computer PSU who decided to die and fry the fuse for the entire flat, as i discovered sadly in the morning when trying to turn on my computer again and used my last fuse.

A few new fuses bought and one new PSU later, I can FINALLY play fucking FF 14 again.

This quest is suffering

Moonlight

Banned
That podcast felt a little too much like an indivisible infomercial to me.
It just went on a little too long.
But they don't even talk about Indivisible for the majority of the podcast? MikeZ doesn't even say the word 'Indivisible' until like halfway through the podcast, and it's mostly just to clarify the budgetary thing with the game. Most of it was shooting the shit about the FGC and game dev in a way they can't do with most guests they get on the podcast, which was really neat. I mean, yeah, he was there to promote the game but there were legit questions they asked.

Like worth it for MikeZ's story about Seth Killian and SFxT if nothing else, and there was plenty of other great anecdotes and I can rattle off from the podcast too.

Wasn't exactly an 'infomercial'.

Real talk, tho. What do you guys feel is an acceptable podcast length? I personally could listen to it all day, but I know they usually consider 3~ hours to be "running over".

Moonlight

Banned
I want them longer and longer, lol. Like on average I'd like 3-4 hours. The Friendcast is the major way I consume content lately, and it's always disappointing when they call it.

Geg

I usually just spend all morning at work listening to it so I'm fine with the ones that go three to three and a half hours

Edzi

Real talk, tho. What do you guys feel is an acceptable podcast length? I personally could listen to it all day, but I know they usually consider 3~ hours to be "running over".

I prefer the 3.5 hour podcasts since they last me most of the week during my commute.

Anung

Un Rama

I listen to them incrementally over the week so length doesn't really bother me. I'd say the contents that constitutes that length can annoy me more.

ArjanN

But they don't even talk about Indivisible for the majority of the podcast? MikeZ doesn't even say the word 'Indivisible' until like halfway through the podcast, and it's mostly just to clarify the budgetary thing with the game. Most of it was shooting the shit about the FGC and game dev in a way they can't do with most guests they get on the podcast, which was really neat. I mean, yeah, he was there to promote the game but there were legit questions they asked.

Like worth it for MikeZ's story about Seth Killian and SFxT if nothing else, and there was plenty of other great anecdotes and I can rattle off from the podcast too.

Wasn't exactly an 'infomercial'.

Yeah, it was fine, that was a pretty solid podcast and one of their better guests honestly.

Also, they mention their QA background a lot, but that's just because there''s always going to be new listeners that don't know.

Sony TGS was like at 2AM for me. I'd understand if they didn't do that one.

Eh, gametrailers did it. :p

I wouldn't mind the 3+ hour podcasts if there were time stamps giving me an idea about how long they talk about certain topics. That way I could skip some of the fighting game stuff or whatever and listen to stuff I'm actually interested in.

aly

I listen to them incrementally over the week so length doesn't really bother me. I'd say the contents that constitutes that length can annoy me more.

That's me. I just wish there was a time stamp button that listed all the subjects in the podcast that you could skip to what you wanted to hear without listening to 40 minutes of maybe wanting to pull your hair out. But that's podcasts in general.

The MikeZ podcast was great! Don't know what people are complaining about, he's one of the guest that they have a huge overlap with in interests and background. That podcast alone made me donate sooner rather than later to the campaign.

Skrams

I feel like them mentioning their QA shit comes up regularly because that's just how they relate to things in the industry. I'm not really annoyed by it since they just have more experience and can relate more to those things since they worked in the field. I can understand where people get the Liam is better tone, but he does just come off more knowledgeable about some certain aspects of things. I don't really take it as him being stuck up or better. I might be more accepting since I relate to Liam more, but eh. I just don't get hung up on much he has said recently.

3.5 hours lately has been fine. The longer the better considering I ride public transit for 4-5 hours a week. I don't ever expect a 4 hour podcast, but they can easily crank out 3+ when they got a lot they've done for their weeks. This week was mostly street fighter and rambling about Cody being god. Next week will be some wedding stuff probably. I don't think Matt will be on though considering his honeymoon?

Also RE5 was kind of ugh to watch only because of their need to put down RE5 the whole time. Some of their issues would of seem alleviated if they just did the thing in coop, but nope. I wonder if Pat played the regular game in single player too. I get that it's an RE game and you don't want to change ever, but coop is kind of a thing most would recommend for it.

AlsoAlso pretty sure Pat meant SMT4 when he talked about the SMT he finished on the podcast. He made it sound like he didn't mean to mention Nocturne when someone asked him about it in the reddit comments. GH Live is also a $100 glorified karaoke machine and kind of sucks I guess.

I finally got round to the podcast, mainly because I just forgot about it yesterday.

I'm all in favour of the long podcast. Though if we finally hit 4 hours then that's just too long.

I actually prefer 3 hours minimum. These get me through work days.

I wouldn't mind the 3+ hour podcasts if there were time stamps giving me an idea about how long they talk about certain topics. That way I could skip some of the fighting game stuff or whatever and listen to stuff I'm actually interested in.

Time stamps would be a godsend honestly. Not sure why we don't have them.

Numb

I could listen to a 10hr long podcast. On speed ofcourse.
I already listen to the old ones over and over again so don't take my opinion too seriously. It is serious to me tho. For real. Not kidding. I would listen to 10hrs or much more with double the speed on. That's like 2 musou games worth of listening.

edit

I am crazy and suggest you dont do the same.

Do I need to read the One Punch-Man Manga to understand the anime or can I just watch it? Before you tell me, "just read it anyway" you should know I don't like reading manga
even though I like comic books.

JC Sera

Do I need to read the One Punch-Man Manga to understand the anime or can I just watch it? Before you tell me, "just read it anyway" you should know I don't like reading manga
if you don't like manga then read the original one comic ;)
the artstyle actually grows on you, like a cancerous cyst

The MikeZ podcast was great! Don't know what people are complaining about, he's one of the guest that they have a huge overlap with in interests and background. That podcast alone made me donate sooner rather than later to the campaign.

Best episode since chewy and fuckface podcast. Mike Z/S kill con booth segment was the hardest I laughed in a while.

Skrams

You don't, but you should read it anyway because manga>comic books.
The manga is honestly better animated at times than the show
Anime
Manga
This is the one moment so far where it's been severely lacking when compared to Murata's art. Anime is still 11/10 so far.

zeemumu

They actually lifted the Chris and Sheva vs. Wesker fight directly from the game for one of the Resident Evil movies.

They also lifted the blockade from RE3 and the helicopter from RE Code Veronica for the 2nd movie if I'm remembering that correctly.

ArjanN

They actually lifted the Chris and Sheva vs. Wesker fight directly from the game for one of the Resident Evil movies.

They also lifted the blockade from RE3 and the helicopter from RE Code Veronica for the 2nd movie if I'm remembering that correctly.

Except so low budge with such shit direction that it becomes unintentionally hilarious.

zeemumu

Except so low budge with such shit direction that it becomes unintentionally hilarious.

And to answer their question really late: Wesker can't teleport. He's moving so fast that it looks like he teleports. If you put a banana peel between you and him, he could still slip on it mid-run. That's why he doesn't just warp back into the mansion after being tackled out of the window.

aly

Super glad Liam was there during the dreams segment of the conference. MM have some of the most charming and innovative devs. Glad that could be recognized.

Top Bottom