• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

244_HIAC_10252015ej_3619.jpg

I never joke about Wrestling.

6a00d83451c83e69e201a3fce51bab970b-350wi

Xiraiya

Remember when they talked about Bray Wyatt stealing the Undertaker and draining his powers?
Someone at WWE creative must be a Best Friends fan.

I think it was a pretty prevalent wish in general, it was talked about on multiple Powerbombcasts that they wanted him or someone else to inherit the Undertaker's powers.

I think it was a pretty prevalent wish in general, it was talked about on multiple Powerbombcasts that they wanted him or someone else to inherit the Undertaker's powers.

Yeah i was mostly joking around. Its what a lot of people wanted during wrestlemania time since its the most logical way to build heat for Bray while ending Undertaker's career in Kayfabe. There'll probably be one last SS match for Taker and Kane but i dont see them winning and doing much after that.

Numb

Who knew that the best friends have such a lust for murder.
i did

It's what drew me to them.
There was a huge thud in my murder-sense coming from them.
One breakfast war away from axes,Zandatsus,dragon dildos and dakimakuras getting thrown around

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's what drew me to them.
There was a huge thud in my murder-sense coming from them.
One breakfast war away from axes,Zandatsus,dragon dildos and dakimakuras getting thrown around

I still forget that Matt's apartment is just a Until Dawn murder house with weapons hanging everywhere.

I think you like a certain type of anime which was more prevalent in the 90s, but not exclusive to it. So 'my favourite anime are from the 90s' probably makes more sense than saying you only like anime from the 90s.

The current trend is defintely more towards moe otaku bait type stuff.

Honestly, I think I was just trying to find a reason to say I hate everything on display in Dengeki without being too confrontational, as I am aware a lot of people in this thread love it.
Though, I am rather perplexed I couldn't find a single thing I liked in it. The idea Akira, my most hated VF character, was my favorite character on that roster is so confusing.

Tales of Hearts R defeated
that was a good ass game
hope Matt enjoyed it(or is still enjoying it)
kinda barebones post game though
on to finally playing Phantasia(PSX) and Eternia
maybe Destiny Directors Cut will be translated before i die

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just got DBFC a week or so ago (for free, from a giveaway in the Sega Yakuza 5 Twitch stream), and I actually love it. I mean, it helps that I'm familiar with a lot of the characters, but it's also legitimately a good fighting game. The execution barrier is pretty low, which helps a lot.

Fat4all

Banned
When it comes to comparing blind vs. informed Let's plays, imagine SBF LP's as... the WWE.

People love watching the technical showcases of the NXE and occational WWE match, but backstory and lore can do a lot to elevate a match. Andre v Hogan is a garbage match, technically... but the backstory makes it a classic! I feel like their LP's are very similar in nature.

An informed LP is a technical wonder. You get to see one of the four be a super cool guy, giving backstory of the game, showing technical details and gliches, recounting history and comparing moments. You also get the second of the pair reacting to the onslaught of knowledge, and before you know it the LP is over. Very lean, very concise, very nice. Pat's Silent Hill 2 run, Matt's No More Heroes run, Liam's Aria of Sorrow run, these are a few that demonstrate this. These LP's are great, but because of all the info and backstory, we don't get as much "time" with the SBF's commentary and general shenanigans.

Now you get to the bulk garbage WWE/Blind runs.

Now, not by any means are these runs that exciting or interesting. But there is a build up unlike any other informed LP can do. The two best friends playing slowly build up from wee babbies, fucking up left-right-and-center, exhausting as many options as possible. But by the end of that LP, we've gone through a journey with these two tortured souls. They've gone as far as they could joke-wise, saying the most heinous shit and throwing Woolie under the largest bus. They finally reach the end of that game and achieve their goals as being the best babbies ever. Super Babbies.

It's a long, frustrating journey, and sometimes it doesn't pay off... but when it does, it's usually some of their best shit.

Disgraced

When it comes to comparing blind vs. informed Let's plays, imagine SBF LP's as... the WWE.

People love watching the technical showcases of the NXE and occational WWE match, but backstory and lore can do a lot to elevate a match. Andre v Hogan is a garbage match, technically... but the backstory makes it a classic! I feel like their LP's are very similar in nature.

An informed LP is a technical wonder. You get to see one of the four be a super cool guy, giving backstory of the game, showing technical details and gliches, recounting history and comparing moments. You also get the second of the pair reacting to the onslaught of knowledge, and before you know it the LP is over. Very lean, very concise, very nice. Pat's Silent Hill 2 run, Matt's No More Heroes run, Liam's Aria of Sorrow run, these are a few that demonstrate this. These LP's are great, but because of all the info and backstory, we don't get as much "time" with the SBF's commentary and general shenanigans.

Now you get to the bulk garbage WWE/Blind runs.

Now, not by any means are these runs that exciting or interesting. But there is a build up unlike any other informed LP can do. The two best friends playing slowly build up from wee babbies, fucking up left-right-and-center, exhausting as many options as possible. But by the end of that LP, we've gone through a journey with these two tortured souls. They've gone as far as they could joke-wise, saying the most heinous shit and throwing Woolie under the largest bus. They finally reach the end of that game and achieve their goals as being the best babbies ever. Super Babbies.

It's a long, frustrating journey, and sometimes it doesn't pay off... but when it does, it's usually some of their best shit.
With an LP "blind" and "informed" aren't mutually exclusive. You can go into something un-spoiled and have an idea of what you're in for and why it would work or not. It's not a roll of the fucking dice unless you make it as much.

The Danganronpa and Metal Gear LPs have turned out shitty because the only thing they knew about the games going in is the name on the box. They knew what they were in for with ones like Beyond, LiS, and Last of Us.

Fat4all

Banned
The Danganronpa and Metal Gear LPs have turned out shitty because the only thing they knew about the games going in is the name on the box. They knew what they were in for with ones like Beyond, LiS, and Last of Us.

With Beyond, LiS, and The Last of Us are largely narrative focused experiences. Going into those blind are easier because of their linear nature. MGS V has proven to be very light on an actual narrative focus.

Ultra Despair Girls was just a bad choice, shoulda just been Dandanronpa 1 with Woolie playing blind and Liam informing.

Disgraced

With Beyond, LiS, and The Last of Us are largely narrative focused experiences. Going into those blind are easier because of their linear nature. MGS V has proven to be very light on an actual narrative focus.
Yeah, and they apparently expected it to be more narrative focused than it actually is. Pat comments in an early part saying how he expected it'd be like one a of their more story-centric LPs when in actuality it's going to be "more like Dark Souls." They had no clue. The group playing the intro together for a video should've been the end of it, if a video was to be made about it at all. The game is as much Peace Walker 2 as it is MGS5 and they had no idea. This is besides the fact that Pat's never even played Peace Walker so fuck if he's got half of what unfocused and poorly paced story there is.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah, and they apparently expected it to be more narrative focused than it actually is. Pat comments in an early part saying how he expected it be like one a of their more story-centric LPs when in actuality it's going to be "more like Dark Souls." They had no clue. The group playing the intro together for a video should've been the end of it, if a video was to be made about it at all. The game is as much Peace Walker 2 as it is MGS5 and they had no idea. This besides the fact that Pat's never even played Peace Walker so fuck if he's got half of what unfocused and poorly paced story there is.

I feel like Pat represent the MGS every-fan, the kind of fan that loves debating Liquids arm but doesn't have the time to play the handheld/side games, while Liam represents the uber do everything kind of MGS fan who enjoyed the checklist-like systems of the handheld games and is willing to pour all the time ever into Ground Zeroes.

The fact that both are sort of sliding into a malaise the further they go can't be a good thing. Maybe Liam is finally burning out.

Ultra Despair Girls was just a bad choice, shoulda just been Dandanronpa 1 with Woolie playing blind and Liam informing.

Completely agreed.

So I was watching a friend of mine stream Undertale last night and saw them do the True Pacifist Ending and oh man, I really can't wait for the LP to continue now. That game goes into some real shit. How people can manage a Genocide run after doing that first is beyond me.

Ilvocare

So I was watching a friend of mine stream Undertale last night and saw them do the True Pacifist Ending and oh man, I really can't wait for the LP to continue now. That game goes into some real shit. How people can manage a Genocide run after doing that first is beyond me.

The passage of time over the course of about a week and an unquenchable lust for knowledge certainly help. Speaking from personal experience, here.

Completely agreed.

I probably would've if i liked the game enough to do it. Genocide has some really cool stuff in it that makes it way more interesting than pacifist.

Downloading the FF14 free trial.
I got got.
Man down!

RIP

Join Ultros

ArjanN

Honestly, I think I was just trying to find a reason to say I hate everything on display in Dengeki without being too confrontational, as I am aware a lot of people in this thread love it.
Though, I am rather perplexed I couldn't find a single thing I liked in it. The idea Akira, my most hated VF character, was my favorite character on that roster is so confusing.

Well, I can see where you're coming from there, and that's mostly down to licenses it uses.
From what I've seen Akira and Sylvaria are the only ones I like. The game itself seems fine, but I'd be way more interested if it Jotaro VS Guts VS Vash the Stampede etc.

Xiraiya

I like how Warren has damaged Liam's sanity more and more as time goes on in Life Is Strange, the similarity and Liam's paranoia about being too much like him is making him sound like a goddamn lunatic.
Warren was actually fine by Episode 5, the locker thing Liam spoke of is just a random detail that didn't really imply anything noteworthy and is just a photo opportunity, like the bottles.

Poor Liam, he'll never be the same, I hope he doesn't go ape and smash all the mirrors in his house.
Someone should just whisper in Liam's ear that Warren has become more likable than he is.

I tried joining Ultros but it was full :(

Oh well I joined an FC with nice people anyway

You can get around this by trying to join the server during low population hours, its what I had to do when i started months ago.

I like how Warren has damaged Liam's sanity more and more as time goes on in Life Is Strange, the similarity and Liam's paranoia about being too much like him is making him sound like a goddamn lunatic.

Yeah, half the shit Liam says about him seems to be some weird interpretation of what Warren says based on little if any evidence. Apparently it turns out he does do some shit, but compared to say, Chole... I can't help but think of the phrase "Thou dost protest to much".

Mat-triX

Yeah, half the shit Liam says about him seems to be some weird interpretation of what Warren says based on little if any evidence. Apparently it turns out he does do some shit, but compared to say, Chole... I can't help but think of the phrase "Thou dost protest to much".

Handicapped Chole > Warren > Chole > Liam's Warren

Beloved

Warren was actually fine by Episode 5, the locker thing Liam spoke of is just a random detail that didn't really imply anything noteworthy and is just a photo opportunity, like the bottles.

Poor Liam, he'll never be the same, I hope he doesn't go ape and smash all the mirrors in his house.
Someone should just whisper in Liam's ear that Warren has become more likable than he is.

Liam, to his girlfriend: "Babe, I'm already a Warren."

MrHoot

Liam would be better

Liam was here to comment and yeah I would've enjoyed it. But Pat apparently wanted to play it beforehand for mysterybox (which is weird, I thought the point of mystery box was that you wouldn't know what you get to play and for like weird unknown stuff). But of course since there's no instant gratification he spends 30 minutes being completely cynical and stating that he's bored several times. Quality..

Numb

Liam was here to comment and yeah I would've enjoyed it. But Pat apparently wanted to play it beforehand for mysterybox (which is weird, I thought the point of mystery box was that you wouldn't know what you get to play and for like weird unknown stuff). But of course since there's no instant gratification he spends 30 minutes being completely cynical and stating that he's bored several times. Quality..
Sad indeed.
It's past now. Man and i was waiting for that game.

Skrams

Matt & Pat’s Until Dawn Mega Montage Compilation!

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/matt-pats-until-dawn-mega-montage-compilation/

Youtube Not Up Yet

and

Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V – The Phantom Pain (Part 35)

Website

Youtube

That makes it sound like he used Mystery Box as an excuse to poop out a video while also wanting to see if he should care about Tearaway. Why is this even a thing?

Top Bottom