• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

The geekfest panel was the best tho.
btw I took those pictures, look forward to todays podcast and the panel video.

I expect stories of how Pat just took out a laptop and played FF14 while Woolie raided the buffet for pies and Liam jumped all the guns at the range.

mike0dude

Judging by how cringey Q&A's have been in the past a Q&A with no people sounds perfect.

Cringe is good sometimes.

all of the cringe was because of the Con Organization and the fact that barely 500 showed up on the 2 days, maybe even less. the Panel was a super good time tho, and afterward me , Levi, Pat, Pat's girlfriend , Woolie and the Camera guy went to diner so that was fun.

I expect stories of how Pat just took out a laptop and played FF14 while Woolie raided the buffet for pies and Liam jumped all the guns at the range.

You actually think they had a buffet? they didn't even have a fucking ATM in that dump.

Numb

all of the cringe was because of the Con Organization and the fact that barely 500 showed up on the 2 days, maybe even less. the Panel was a super good time tho, and afterward me , Levi, Pat, Pat's girlfriend , Woolie and the Camera guy went to diner so that was fun.

Mike you might aswell be part of the SBF by now.
Next you'll say you will be the godfather to their future kids.

Anung

Un Rama

Pat turns it into a Star Trek DS9 panel while no one was looking, Woolie couldn't find the hall and Liam was abusing reflex mode and killing it.

Well, the final part of Life is Strange is up.

Maybe the game could have landed better if all that content wasn't cut.

As is, regardless of the ending, ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

MrHoot

I thought the LiS playthrough to be pretty good. Plus Liam irrational hate of Warren is just so hilarious to me.

SOMA LP is also really nice so far (helps that the story is actually fucking fascinating and that they're following it intently)

Running low on regular LPs though, wonder what's gonna come and replace it !

mike0dude

Picture of Pat and his only fan at Geekfest.
tumblr_nxj45rj7u91repfuho1_500.jpg

Edzi

Picture of Pat and his only fan at Geekfest.
tumblr_nxj45rj7u91repfuho1_500.jpg

Man, I almost feel bad pointing it out, but Pat should really look into buying some clothes that fit him better. I feel like his clothes typically make him look way shorter/bigger than he really is.

MrHoot

Man, I almost feel bad pointing it out, but Pat should really look into buying some clothes that fit him better. I feel like his clothes typically make him look way shorter/bigger than he really is.

Nonsense. He's perfect. He just needs to find that huge dog again

Running low on regular LPs though, wonder what's gonna come and replace it !

Nier pls

I hope that Sega gave the Zaibatsu and early code for Yakuza 5. Because somebody needs to shill the game and I don't see much shilling for it happening. The game comes out this month.

MrHoot

What the hell is up with the latest Undertale video on Vessel with the huge border around it showing the game window.

It's their desktop. It's for a specific reason related to undertale because Woolie told them to do it. They don't know why yet (as they say in the beginning of the video)

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I thought the LiS playthrough to be pretty good. Plus Liam irrational hate of Warren is just so hilarious to me.

I know. i'm surprised by the quality of that LP in general. Hated that game at first, but it really came around.

Also, there is an idea I love within that game that's never really acknowledged. So Max saves Chloe from her destined death. Then God(or malevolent force of fate, whatever) goes "oh well, I'll just kill her another way" Then Max saves her again. And again God kills her. And again Max saves her, and in a dramatic escalation of events God THROWS A GOD DAMN TSUNAMI in an attempt to kill Chloe Hipsterqueen. What a wonderful God that is.

So I'm on the Reddit and I see someone post about the most recent Indivisible backer with this pic.

http://imgur.com/Eip4q7I

Are you kidding me?

Far be it from me to tell anyone what they can do with their money, but they can do shit like this yet ask us to support them on Vessel so they can get a better place and equipment?

REALLY?

Xiraiya

So I'm on the Reddit and I see someone post about the most recent Indivisible backer with this pic.
http://imgur.com/Eip4q7I
Are you kidding me?
Far be it from me to tell anyone what they can do with their money, but they can do shit like this but ask us to support them on Vessel so they can get a better place and equipment?
REALLY?
Woolie is allowed to have a crush on the Skullgirls guy, who are you to judge him?

Moonlight

Banned
You don't see an issue asking for money to help buy new equipment then dropping a grand on a game?
I think Woolie's personal funds and how he chooses to spend it don't represent the money the team puts together to fund the production on the whole.

It's not like they're very secretive about this sort of thing, either.

Moonlight

Banned
Like, did you guys miss everyone going 'expect Baz to be in Indivisible' just like he was in Shovel Knight and Divekick? The 1000 dollar tier is for an NPC.

I think Woolie's personal funds and how he chooses to spend it don't represent the money the team puts together to fund the production on the whole.

It's not like they're very secretive about this sort of thing, either.

It's a bit overkill, maybe he made a mistake on the amount.

It's very likely all 4 of them combined to get the SBF character into the game, which if true only reinforces the point further.

Like, did you guys miss everyone going 'expect Baz to be in Indivisible' just like he was in Shovel Knight and Divekick? The 1000 dollar tier is for an NPC.

Oh, my mistake. Dropping a grand to get your OC into the game is TOTALLY different and understandable.

Xiraiya

Oh I'm an idiot.
You're right didn't see 1K was the NPC tier, they did talk about being in the game in some form, it's not really anyone's business what they do with their money regardless, I just thought it was a bit extreme.

Tako

But then again guys Matt and Woolie did say something about pooling money together for the indiegogo for Indivisible for something dumb

MrHoot

Back then they weren't asking us for money.

But that's probably from his/their own pocket money ?

I'm sorry, you seem really on edge about something that relegates more to their private expenses. They probably have more than a thousand bucks saved up for the actual zaibatsu group and I don't think that's gonna change much into the expenses going towards that

Well its not like it matters now ;___;7

I'm stupidly confident that the game will eventually find a way. I don't know in which state (maybe only the first part) or when. But they are extremely talented people and I don't think they'll let all this work go to waste.

Gotta BELIEVE

Moonlight

Banned
It's very likely all 4 of them combined to get the SBF character into the game, which if true only reinforces the point further.

Oh, my mistake. Dropping a grand to get your OC into the game is TOTALLY different and understandable.
1000 dollars in the long run isn't going to pay for the equipment and room that they've lined out as what they want. In Montreal, that applies doubly so. And it's very doubtful 'everyone pooled in their money' in the first place. 1000 dollars is... uh, far from a financial spirit bomb in general.

They're not robots, and not every dollar of they make has to go back into content. Woolie and Matt have made no secrets of being huge fans and supporters of Lab Zero, and I generally don't see why every single personal spending decision they make has to be scrutinized for any sort of frivolity.

And if you really want to dig in over the business angle, 'getting OCs' in games like SK and Divekick afforded them a lot of visibility.

Back then they weren't asking us for money.
I mean, the actual idea if you pay for the early videos. The profit they make just isn't ad revenue.

Still, I assume it's their personal cut(s), and not a professional fund. When Matt and Woolie backed Skullgirls they implied it was their personal funds.

I'm stupidly confident that the game will eventually find a way. I don't know in which state (maybe only the first part) or when. But they are extremely talented people and I don't think they'll let all this work go to waste.

Gotta BELIEVE

They're not that far from reaching the $900k mark. If they do they get a one month extension. The dream is still partially alive.

Well, it's whatever. If you guys choose to support that type of hypocracy it's all you I suppose.
It's not like they took your "donation" and spent it on Baz. I assume it's their personal cuts of the profits they each make that went into that.

I don't even have vessel anyway tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom