• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
They're not robots, and not every dollar of they make has to go back into content.

It'd be nice to see some actual tangible improvements in quality though. So far we've just got "support us on vessel so we can fund improvements". A little transparency would be nice especially because it is basically a fan donation service. Then again I'm a cynical fuck so whatev.

SOMA episode 4 was great. 5 should be even better. If they can keep this momentum going its gonna be a top tier one.

There was something Liam said in MGSV 35 that was quite relevant to the discussion a few pages ago. Any one else catch it?

Xiraiya

latest

One Punch Man anime has been such a satisfying series to watch.

Skrams

Man, I almost feel bad pointing it out, but Pat should really look into buying some clothes that fit him better. I feel like his clothes typically make him look way shorter/bigger than he really is.
He's what, 2XL? Are you saying he should go down to XL or something else? I'm not trying to judge him or anything, but I know I personally can fit into M. I still usually go for L though even though I can fit into M completely fine after I lost some weight recently. I think it's just a psychological thing since L makes me feel comfortable and M is a little more constricting which makes me feel like I'm chubs again when I'm probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if Pat or others are the same way even if they could fit into a smaller size.
It's their desktop. It's for a specific reason related to undertale because Woolie told them to do it. They don't know why yet (as they say in the beginning of the video)
Oh jeez, I ran the game at full screen the whole time. Did I miss a super cool meta thing in the background because of it?
It's very likely all 4 of them combined to get the SBF character into the game, which if true only reinforces the point further.
I was going to say this, but you already said it. I don't get how it reinforces your point more though. $250 each is pretty small for them wanting to put Zubaz in the game honestly. I don't know the cost of a small office space for recording, but I doubt $1000 would cover much of it.
One Punch Man anime has been such a satisfying series to watch.
And it's only going to go up from here. One Punch Man too good.
I'm probably dumb, what does Pat mean in the podcast about headphone spinning?
I think he means that he was physically spinning headphones in his hands. Not like a basketball, but just in a circles like a jump rope. It's a thing he does just as Liam's leg convulse without reason.

MrHoot

Oh jeez, I ran the game at full screen the whole time. Did I miss a super cool meta thing in the background because of it?

If you played the game already (spoilers)

Woolie probably told them that for when the game is going to close itself during the Flowey encounter

Also Bloodborne DLC hitting pretty soon, so in honour of it..
Digging up this old perfect gem
speed

Skrams

If you played the game already (spoilers)

Woolie probably told them that for when the game is going to close itself during the Flowey encounter
I was hoping it would do weird stuff in the background, but if that's all then that makes sense why he would suggest that.
Madhouse just keep killing it.

It's funny because majority of it doesn't even seem to be Madhouse. A lot of outside work and a regular budget to boot. The people are just that dedicated to making this the best it can be. It's kind of nuts.

Anung

Un Rama
Also Bloodborne DLC hitting pretty soon, so in honour of it..
Digging up this old perfect gem
speed

Fantastic!

I don't think i'll ever re-watch Bloodborne (because damn) but it did create hilarious lore and was kind of entertaining in its mehness. The fan feedback was probably the best part of the LP.

I hope they do the DLC though (with Pat on controls)

MrHoot

Fantastic!

I don't think i'll ever re-watch Bloodborne (because damn) but it did create hilarious lore and was kind of entertaining in its mehness. The fan feedback was probably the best part of the LP.

I hope they do the DLC though (with Pat on controls)

Bloodborne was the first big instance for me when I thought "no but stop doing double blinds though"

Although would be cool if Pat played it on his own and then put woolz on controls (or the inverse, if Woolie is motivated enough to go through the DLC first but knowing Pat he won't be able to control himself, understandably becausei t's fucking bloodborne)

You did miss something cool though, (Undertale spoilers)
the name of the program in the title bar changes at some key points. The mettaton song makes it UNDERTALE the Muscial and when Flowey takes over in neutral becomes super garbled and keeps changing.

Xiraiya

You did miss something cool though, (Undertale spoilers)
the name of the program in the title bar changes at some key points. The mettaton song makes it UNDERTALE the Muscial and when Flowey takes over in neutral becomes super garbled and keeps changing.
That... was not worth them running the game windowed as I never once looked at the program name while watching the video.

I thought it was going to be something cool like the game taking over the desktop or stuff going outside it's window border.

That... was not worth them running the game windowed as I never once looked at the program name while watching the video.

I thought it was going to be something cool like the game taking over the desktop or stuff going outside it's window border.

After they finish this ending, I highly advise you dive deep into the levels of game altering shenannigans Undertale goes into. It's ridiculously nuts.

MGSV wishes it could do it.

Skrams

Sort of Undetale Spoilers-
It mostly makes me wonder how the recording software would handle the game fakecrashing to desktop. That seems like the biggest reason I could see them running it windowed. I kind of doubt they'll take notice of the top changing either.

Anung

Un Rama
Bloodborne was the first big instance for me when I thought "no but stop doing double blinds though"

Although would be cool if Pat played it on his own and then put woolz on controls (or the inverse, if Woolie is motivated enough to go through the DLC first but knowing Pat he won't be able to control himself, understandably becausei t's fucking bloodborne)

I think what we all want is more Pat stares at.

The reason it's windowed is
just the crash, I assume. Recording software might not play nice with how it just closes

Squishy3

Sort of Undetale Spoilers-
It mostly makes me wonder how the recording software would handle the game fakecrashing to desktop. That seems like the biggest reason I could see them running it windowed. I kind of doubt they'll take notice of the top changing either.
It's totally fine, depending on what program they use to actually record. OBS doesn't remove the executable from its list if the game stops running, so it's as simple as starting it again and the recording resumes as normal. Only ever used OBS, no idea if xsplit or the like does the same.

Xiraiya

The reason it's windowed is
just the crash, I assume. Recording software might not play nice with how it just closes
Well
games have crashed plenty on them and it is generally fine on PC, the video continues like normal as they go to boot it back up. So I doubt it's that, even if the recording software in the case of Undertale is hooking directly into the game only and not capturing the whole desktop (since we see it windowed, It's capturing desktop), the only way it would mess with recording software was if the "process" relating to the game's exe ends completely, which if it's a fake crash, that's not how that would work, the game would just be showing the desktop but running the process still, normally anyway.

Xiraiya

If they made a Vessel exclusive tier where you get one 'Pat stares at' a month I will subscribe right now.

That's actually probably a smart idea, then you could do solo vids with the other SBF members as well if they wanted to throw them in.

But in my opinion, that would only be worthwhile as long as they didn't interrupt the regular schedule, having them be Vessel exclusive extra things on the side would definitely be worth the subscription, and since they're solo videos you wouldn't be making people feel like they're getting cheated out of content for not subscribing as it doesn't affect what they already do or take away from the normal videos.

Life is Strange spoilers

From Youtube:

Maddude 9 hours ago
Now, I won't say they picked the wrong ending.

I'll just say that Griffith would be proud.

God damn.

Squishy3

That's actually probably a smart idea, then you could do solo vids with the other SBF members as well.

But in my opinion, that would only be worthwhile as long as they didn't interrupt the regular schedule, having them be Vessel exclusive extra things on the side would definitely be worth the subscription, and since they're solo videos you wouldn't be making people feel like they're getting cheated out of content for not subscribing as it doesn't affect what they already do or take away from the normal videos.
"Pat stares at FFXIV as he argues about the definition of LP in the Free Company chat"

Has actually happened.

Anung

Un Rama
That's actually probably a smart idea, then you could do solo vids with the other SBF members as well if they wanted to throw them in.

Where's Mike? He needs to take this idea to them and go make it a thing. Nice bit of side content that'll add unique value to the sub with barely any extra work.

Xiraiya

Life is Strange spoilers
From Youtube:
Maddude 9 hours ago
Now, I won't say they picked the wrong ending.
I'll just say that Griffith would be proud.
God damn.
I liked both endings well enough, I just felt like Episode 5 overall fell flat with the fact
literally nothing you do actually matters and there was no reason to keep track of all that stuff. I worked hard to do right by everyone, give me my Steins;Gate ending where we all unite and meet Rachel Amber before going to the secret 3rd timeline that doesn't kill Chloe or the town.

Where's Mike? He needs to take this idea to them and go make it a thing. Nice bit of side content that'll add unique value to the sub with barely any extra work.
I'm sure they all each have games they'd love to do some video stuff with that none of the others care about. The key thing is that it doesn't interrupt or take away from the schedule, Matt playing NMH would have been great side content, I hated it interrupting the schedule.
Those videos wouldn't have to be fancy, I'd just look at it like Jeff from GB just starting random streams and videos because he wants to play a thing in the studio and it's great.

Geg

LiS lp was quality, definitely worth putting up with the cringey dialogue to watch them play.

Though I looked up the ending they didn't get and wow is that a much better ending than what they got

I liked both endings well enough, I just felt like Episode 5 overall fell flat with the fact
literally nothing you do actually matters and there was no reason to keep track of all that stuff. I worked hard to do right by everyone, give me my Steins;Gate ending where we all unite and meet Rachel Amber before going to the secret 3rd timeline that doesn't kill Chloe or the town.

I probably would've preferred that. The other two endings were kind of bad.

Cool game though. Episodes 2-4 and half of 5 were really strong with good pacing. It just kind of dropped the ball at the end.

Xiraiya

I probably would've preferred that. The other two endings were kind of bad.
I just felt like I didn't get the freedom or Payoff I was expecting or that the game made me think I should expect, LiS was so good about choices all the way through and then episode 5 it's like "We're going to "Telltale" you now."

Anung

Un Rama

I'm sure they all each have games they'd love to do some video stuff with that none of the others care about. The key thing is that it doesn't interrupt or take away from the schedule, Matt playing NMH would have been great side content, I hated it interrupting the schedule.

I just thought that Merc Kings and The Evil Within ep 9 had a really interesting atmosphere with Pat on his own. Very little forced humor with his stream of consciousness-style. Keep them short at like 15-20 and it'd make for some unique bite-sized chunks of content.

I think for me personally it'd really help wash the bad taste out my mouth with all these locked in LP's that turn out to be crap.

Xiraiya

I just thought that Merc Kings and The Evil Within ep 9 had a really interesting atmosphere with Pat on his own. Very little forced humor with his stream of consciousness-style. Keep them short at like 15-20 and it'd make for some unique bite-sized chunks of content.

I think for me personally it'd really help wash the bad taste out my mouth with all these locked in LP's that turn out to be crap.

All of Liams would be 5 minutes long and he'd constantly cut himself off because he's gunjumping through the video and playing poorly in the process because of it.

I just felt like I didn't get the freedom or Payoff I was expecting or that the game made me think I should expect, LiS was so good about choices all the way through and then episode 5 it's like "We're going to "Telltale" you now."

I don't know, from the Teltale games I've played, I think they handle their endings really well with some great payoff. At least, TWD S1 and TftB really did. TWD S2 was just gross and TWAU was ok.

I'm kind of sad they didn't do a Tales from the Borderlands LP. That game is insanely good and reactions would be amazing. Its definitely something both Matt and Woolie would dig.

I'm kind of sad they didn't do a Tales from the Borderlands LP. That game is insanely good and reactions would be amazing. Its definitely something both Matt and Woolie would dig.

I've been hearing nothing but good things myself and I actually do like Borderlands 1 and 2. Maybe I'll pick it up after all.

I've been hearing nothing but good things myself and I actually do like Borderlands 1 and 2. Maybe I'll pick it up after all.

I can't recommend it enough. I'll give The Walking Dead S1 all the praise in the world, but Tales from the Borderlands is the best Teltale game personally. Its everything I wanted from a Borderlands narrative. Its hilarious, has the best characters I've seen in a game in a long time and an interesting story.

Its my biggest surprise and easily one of the best games I've played this year.

I can't recommend it enough. I'll give The Walking Dead S1 all the praise in the world, but Tales from the Borderlands is the best Teltale game personally. Its everything I wanted from a Borderlands narrative. Its hilarious, has the best characters I've seen in a game in a long time and an interesting story.

Its my biggest surprise and easily one of the best games I've played this year.

Takes place after 2, correct?

Because I'm pretty sure I recall seeing Jack in a screenshot and I'm pretty sure he died in 2, right?

Numb

So I'm on the Reddit and I see someone post about the most recent Indivisible backer with this pic.

http://imgur.com/Eip4q7I

Are you kidding me?

Far be it from me to tell anyone what they can do with their money, but they can do shit like this yet ask us to support them on Vessel so they can get a better place and equipment?

REALLY?

Late but was expecting he dropped more than that.

Skrams

I was kind of hoping they'd go with Ending B while they were mulling over the choices. It seemed like a thing Liam would gunjump to pick. I'd like to see Ending A, but kind of eh on watching another LP or something another. Not sure I'd like to play through the whole game myself just for the one decision either.

All of Liams would be 5 minutes long and he'd constantly cut himself off because he's gunjumping through the video and playing poorly in the process because of it.
Rising Superstreams were pretty good actually. Except in that case he was pretty much doing Q&A most of the time with chat. I'm not sure what a regular Liam Stares At would be.
Late but was expecting he dropped more than that.

Probably would of been more if the NPC tier was higher. Too bad that the playable incarnation was 10k and is sold out. I wonder if they can make a special exception for the man who spans all games and genres.

Numb

Rising Superstreams were pretty good actually. Except in that case he was pretty much doing Q&A most of the time with chat. I'm not sure what a regular Liam Stares At would be.

Probably would of been more if the NPC tier was higher. Too bad that the playable incarnation was 10k and is sold out. I wonder if they can make a special exception for the man who spans all games and genres.

A Liam stares at would be amazing. Going in real deep in there.
They know Woolie and his madness. Hope they are having some talks behind the scenes.
Baz is dead and RAGE is wearing his skin as a cape. Do him instead Woolie.

A Liam stares at would be amazing. Going in real deep in there.
They know Woolie and his madness. Hope they are having some talks behind the scenes.
Baz is dead and RAGE is wearing his skin as a cape. Do him instead Woolie.

no we need Hot Dog Man in Indivisible
afterall he won the rumble

Squishy3

So I know people love the Pat Stares at Mercenary Kings, but what really makes that video is the podcast after.

Liam tells of how he signed on PSN and sees Pat is playing Mercenary Kings and hopes Pat would send him an invite to play Mercenary Kings with him. It never happened.

MrHoot

So I know people love the Pat Stares at Mercenary Kings, but what really makes that video is the podcast after.

Liam tells of how he signed on PSN and sees Pat is playing Mercenary Kings and hopes Pat would send him an invite to play Mercenary Kings with him. It never happened.

I kinda imagine Liam doing this face while waiting for an invite, and realising he won't get one as Pat silently ignores him and murmurs to himself

bQssIdB.png

Top Bottom