• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

tldr; It just sucks that we're loosing a fantastic game who had a unique place in the industry, to get a game that is similar in game play, but pretty much uncontested down grade on it's only other strength, and I don't even play KoF13, rip.
I'm just worried this is all SNK can afford to make, and by extension, is maybe the alternative to KOF just going away.

I just don't understand how Liam won't accept people writing off (fans especially) something with the information we currently have.

No one's writing anything off. Woolie made it clear that based on the trailer, while it looked significantly better than the first one, it still looks bad. But his opinion can change as more information/trailers get released.

It'd actually be more upsetting if they did write off KoF XIV entirely considering how little we've seen of it and how early the game is. Especially when none of them have even touched the game yet.

Skrams

I'm just worried this is all SNK can afford to make, and by extension, is maybe the alternative to KOF just going away.

Man, I gotta hope that this isn't the only choice. I want to believe that they're fine enough financial wise if they're dropping off the pachislot game because of their mobile stuff doing well like Metal Slug.

It's kind of dumb because I'm happy a lot of things have the chance to exist, but I'm really glad this at least has the chance to exist. Before this I've been feeling like KoF had little chance at actually living again.

ArjanN

No one's writing anything off. Woolie made it clear that based on the trailer, while it looked significantly better than the first one, it still looks bad. But his opinion can change as more information/trailers get released.

It'd actually be more upsetting if they did write off KoF XIV entirely considering how little we've seen of it and how early the game is. Especially when none of them have even touched the game yet.

They clearly were writing it off. At least that's the way they were talking. I realize they were just being hyperbolic and they'll try the game anyway, but It's only when they were pressed on it that they walked it back a bit.

explodet

Late to the podcast party:

I played the fuck out of Tongue of the Fatman.
Colonoid was OP.

When the inevitable Scrublords hits I'm sure y'all are in for a "treat".

kewlmyc

There's been a lot of Blazblue talk it seems as of late for the SBFs. Woolie mentioned Bullet in a tweet, the constant teases, plus actually remembering the convoluted names of the games, and in the recent podcast, they discuss Sol vs Ragna and mention that Ragna gets most of his strength from the Black Beast, not himself.

Are they playing through the story mode of the games or something to prepare for CentralFiction, like they did with DR 1 and 2 for DR:AE, or am I just imagining things?

There's been a lot of Blazblue talk it seems as of late for the SBFs. Woolie mentioned Bullet in a tweet, the constant teases, plus actually remembering the convoluted names of the games, and in the recent podcast, they discuss Sol vs Ragna and mention that Ragna gets most of his strength from the Black Beast, not himself.

Are they playing through the story mode of the games or something to prepare for CentralFiction, like they did with DR 1 and 2 for DR:AE, or am I just imagining things?

I highly doubt that. They've mentioned before that they all played some of the previous games so that's why they know about certain things in the series.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Finished the LiS LP... I didn't get the feeling Liam "gunjumped" the ending, maybe if they'd done what Matt joked about and taken some time to think about it he might have chosen otherwise, but to me it felt like an intentional decision. Also checked the other ending, it was okay, but not that much better from the one Matt and Liam got.

All in all, episode 5 was... okay-ish. I understand that they were trying to redeem some of those characters, Nathan especially with that phone call, but they came out pretty shoddy at times. The time jumping did go a bit too far for my taste
though those text messages were great, I wish they had actually shown those as different scenes
. The LP itself was fun, though.

Also checked out Mystery Box 22,
I don't share Pat's almost vitriolic indifference with Media Molecule, but I have had Tearaway for my Vita for at least a year now and I've played maybe two whole hours of it. I can't seem to get myself interested about it at all

The Nathan phone call is something I also felt was just phoned in (no pun intended). Why would he suddenly call Max for help out of everyone else in the world? It's not like he felt close to her, you'd think he would've called Victoria.

I wish they would do that with Guilty Gear. I want they to talk excessively about the dumb lore
The Nathan phone call is something I also felt was just phoned in (no pun intended). Why would he suddenly call Max for help out of everyone else in the world? It's not like he felt close to her, you'd think he would've called Victoria.
Victoria was literally the next person planned to get kidnapped. Max is the only one who even has a hint of whats going on due to her snooping.

Neol

Looks like Pat an Liam have finished MGS V according to Liam's latest tweet.
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/664851961213296640 (Link contains spoilers for those who care)

Also
Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain (Part 37)
Youtube
Website
Vessel

tumblr_inline_nk5airkzmv1rxz5up.gif

Want to get done with this current lineup. Hopefully whatever LP they got next will be more interesting.

Edzi

Ehhh, judging from that tweet I'm assuming he actually liked the ending. Expected, but still disappointing. I'm hoping Pat and Matt are the voices of reason during the eventual spoilercast.
There's nothing unreasonable about Liam liking the ending. I liked the ending, too. Liking something you don't isn't unreasonable.

Xiraiya

So uh... that latest Undertale episode was interesting, is this the big finale people have been losing their mind about?

Never said he wasn't, I was just hoping to hear them rip it apart and it doesn't sound like I'll get that with Woolie or Liam since they liked it.
The ending is actually really good, it's just that how you get there is not what anyone expected or wanted.

Anung

Un Rama
The ending is actually really good, it's just that how you get there is not what anyone expected or wanted.

I disagree. The ending was a mess. And it threw its own story (and lore) under a bus to answer a question nobody cared to ask
How big boss survived MG1. Plus its execution was as obvious as it was unsatisfying.
IMO obv.

I disagree. The ending was a mess. And it threw its own story (and lore) under a bus to answer a question nobody cared to ask
How big boss survived MG1. Plus its execution was as obvious as it was unsatisfying.
IMO obv.

I wholeheartedly concur. The ending sucks out any significance your actions may have had. And the disappointment is only compounded when you learn
you're just playing as some random guy. It could have been Solidus, Gray Fox, even Decoy Octopus for fuck's sake.
Either way, I'm eagerly anticipating a discussion of some sort on the podcast.

MrHoot

Eeeh, lukewarm direct for me. The smash reveal raised my eyebrows. But on the other hand, another fucking swordsman in smash, hurraaaay

Skrams

Eeeh, lukewarm direct for me. The smash reveal raised my eyebrows. But on the other hand, another fucking swordsman in smash, hurraaaay

Does anyone give a shit really

It's cloud

Someone has touched themselves at night over the last 15 years just thinking about the idea of Cloud in Smash

This is some crazy shit and I couldn't honestly give a fuck about there being another person with a sword like that matters.

I like the lore that woolie only steals pies out of necessity, to appease the entity (a.k.a the woolie hole)

according to his twitter he will soon become One Punch Woolie and thus destroy the evil entity he has cowered in fear from his whole life
edit: speaking of which i read and caught up with the manga in a day(today) thats a good ass manga

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Whether you care for Cloud or not, the reveal in Smash means that nothing is off the table anymore. Fucking anyone can make an appearance now.

I've never laughed so hard at a podcast quite like the end of this week's where
it just hard cuts mid pat's sentence
that shit is gold, also very natural conversations from the three of them minus matt

MrHoot

Whether you care for Cloud or not, the reveal in Smash means that nothing is off the table anymore. Fucking anyone can make an appearance now.

Massive Rage Push incoming

(I'll admit I might be too cynical rewarding smash nowadays ;_; younger me would've been all giddy about cloud but current me goes "eeeh whatever...i just want the remake, maybe")

Wonder if the NX will get the FF7 remake too at this point.

Skrams

MrHoot

Vessel Undertale Part 11 because someone decided to not put it on the site or channel yet

Just be happy. It's so freeing. WonderRed4Smash Dec Broadcast Let's Go.

The weird thing is that i'm pretty positive in general and I got SUPER excited for the FF7 remake announcement, shenmue 3 or last guardian, even though they're technically all announcements. Maybe it's just one of these situations that it actually exceeds hype level too much that it actually has the inverse effect on me D: It's super weird, it's like the instant I realized what it was I had some form of automatic anti-hype building in me, like a safeguard. Even now I feel apathetic towards it (doesn't help that some friends, huge nintendo fans, are screaming nonstop about it like it's the second coming of christ. For me the "Cloud in Smash Bros" was always the joke thing coming from fangames and fantheories or the same people who want Shadow the Hedgehog or fucking Goku. So I guess there's a bit of that)
Actually, I think I actually am like this because of that last reason. I'm afraid this will give validation to the most excruciating part of the fanbase who will now never shut up because "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE SO I WANT [X]"

I'd love a Wonder Red for smash though. He deserves it.

Skrams

Undertale Part 11 -
So I've been watching this series erratically, but did they not know that was a Napstablook thing?

This temmie armor continues to kill me.

And now the youtube version is up.

Also NEW LP
Mirror's Edge
is showing up on the website's LP list, so get hype for that I guess?

Actually, I think I actually am like this because of that last reason. I'm afraid this will give validation to the most excruciating part of the fanbase who will now never shut up because "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE SO I WANT [X]"

I'd love a Wonder Red for smash though. He deserves it.
Welcome to the Smash ballot where that one kotaku guy was endorsing that we should all vote for Goku?

The only one I think that's out of their hands was Undertale Part 10 since it did the thing where it showed itself as uploaded 3 days ago and not as a new video I think.

MrHoot

Undertale Part 11 -
So I've been watching this series erratically, but did they not know that was a Napstablook thing?

This temmie armor continues to kill me.

I'd say if you don't actually go back to the house (too bad they didn't, they had the key I think ?) it's a bit hard to guess right away it's blook, unless you remember the wobbly font.

Also Part 12 Undertale spoiler

Temmie armor doesn't save matt all that much :p he dies a LOT so in a way i'm thankful that he has it, otherwise he would've restarted far more often

Skrams

I edited this into the other post, but a NEW LP showed up on the site's LP list.

It's
Mirror's Edge.

Thank god the Captain is back to steer this ship back on course.

Which part of the video are you referring to?

I'm referring to
the first caller in the Mettaton battle. It's Napstablook. I might of posted too early if they refer to it later, but they didn't seem to notice who it was at all during the battle.

And if they didn't enter the house then that makes sense why they didn't catch it. That's why I said I've been watching erratically, so I didn't catch that.

Mat-triX

I edited this into the other post, but a NEW LP showed up on the site's LP list.

It's
Mirror's Edge.

Please be Woolie playing, and him completely beasting the game. Too many recent LPs have made me question their gaming skill. If he isn't good at THAT game...all hope is lost...

Please be Woolie playing, and him completely beasting the game. Too many recent LPs have made me question their gaming skill. If he isn't good at THAT game...all hope is lost...
Imma guess its Woolie and Liam with Liam on controls.

I doubt Woolie played a lot of it due to his motion sickness?

Skrams

Imma guess its Woolie and Liam with Liam on controls.

I doubt Woolie played a lot of it due to his motion sickness?

Did you forget how much he's talked about his love for the game? I actually don't think it gave him motion sickness since it has hands and feet. If it did then he might of just gotten over it.

Also Woolie or Pat or even Liam are valid options.
Pat has said in the past that he would sometimes just blast through the game again in an afternoon since it was so short.

Top Bottom