• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

Liam on reddit about the Direct and Cloud-
"You guys will love the bit in the Let's Watch where Pat guesses it on the music alone and I eat crow super fucking hard."

New Super Best Friends Play Assassin's Creed Syndicate is available to watch on Vessel free of charge

Glad they're doing let's watches more frequently, I really enjoy them. Hope Matt's in it since we need a resident Nintendo fanboy.

I think they realized that after they missed the Square Enix conference that everything needs to be watched now. Everything.

Except those weird Asia/Korea only conferences though. Also TGS because none of them want to watch a conference at 2 AM.

Jintor

yessssssss

super best friends are the right mix of salt, hype and occasionally informative knowledge for reacts. like max but there's more of them

Ehhh, judging from that tweet I'm assuming he actually liked the ending. Expected, but still disappointing. I'm hoping Pat and Matt are the voices of reason during the eventual spoilercast.

Yeah, the guy who watched the ending, and the guy heard about it from youtube vs the two that actually played it. They'll definitely be the voices of reason in that room.

Actually, I really hope they pass on this one for spoilercast. Endings' already been examined to death, and we already know how the best friends feel. Leave it at that and move on.

Skrams

that DQ7 footage
The meaning of this gif is flying way over my head or way under my head.
I woke up and got online before work and the first thing I see is Smash reveal.

Was it a dream?

Go back to bed. No Clouds are here.

Having re-watched the Direct, I'm questioning if Twilight Princess is even worth an HD port. Based on the trailer, the textures look just as muddy and jagged as they always did. Only difference now is you can see them more clearly.

It definitely looked like a lazy port to me when compared to Wind Waker HD. Looking at the developers other work of Funky Barn, various nothing games, and the Wii U Mass Effect 3 port makes me feel like this might of been a cheap cash grab. Maybe we'll get more information later though that actually makes it seem cooler than simply putting the game into dolphin.

Having re-watched the Direct, I'm questioning if Twilight Princess is really worth an HD port. Based on the trailer, the textures look just as muddy and jagged as they always did. Only difference now is you can see them more clearly.

Having re-watched the Direct, I'm questioning if Twilight Princess is really worth an HD port. Based on the trailer, the textures look just as muddy and jagged as they always did. Only difference now is you can see them more clearly.

Totally agree with what you said. The only good thing is people who never played it have a chance. Wind waker wii u made me expect too much.

MrHoot

Yeah the "HD" seemed reaaally lazy. No updated geometry, lot's of bloom, textures that while higher res still look pretty muddy. Bluepoint they ain't for the moment. But i'm curious of the gameplay enhancements

Oberon

Banned

explodet

yessssssss

super best friends are the right mix of salt, hype and occasionally informative knowledge for reacts. like max but there's more of them
Speaking of whom, Max's reaction to the Smash Bros reveal was incredibly amusing.

I'll bet there's enough salt and hype for everyone in this Let's Watch.

Seeing Twilight Princess on Dolphin, yeah, it's a really beautiful game with a good uprez and some AA. This just seems low effort.

TP HD looking so mediocre is a real bummer because that's actually the difference between me buying it or not, I would've loved to play that game again if it looked good.

Neol

Ehh considering how bleh TP looked originally I didn't expect much besides higher res textures. Its not gonna be like Windwaker HD where the artstyle still holds up and they work around it.

Also people saying that Dolphin looks 100 times better than this is a bit ridiculous. Regardless of the the upper res and lighting effects the textures still look very muddy.

MrHoot

Should've hired bluepoint for that HD TP ! :^)

Going back to my cloud reaction, i thought more about it. I think it's just my brain can't process a reality in which FF7 Remake, Nier 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XV, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian and Cloud in Smash are happening. My hype level was exceeded completely and my brain shut down.
(That and the rest of the conference was genuinely boring to me so i was kinda shut down and not expecting something completely hype happening)
It's also hilarious how nintendo is doing almost a better Playstation All Stars than fucking sony. I would laugh my ass off if they reintroduced Snake back and added like Lara Croft or Spyro. It would be the biggest "fuck you" and i'd love it.

Man, Liam is super fucking salty about the Mobile/Handheld Category of the Game Awards:
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/665204415549321216
The Mobile/Handheld nominees for The Game Awards make me profoundly depressed. Handheld gaming is so much more.
Random dude post:
You're surprised that the platform least likely to be played by the western people running this got shafted?
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/665207449620754432
no, I'm upset that 3DS got it too. Games like Pac-Man 256 and Dropwell don't deserve it.
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/665207508450091008
don't even get me started on fucking Fallout Shelter.

Poor Liam, being one of the few people who give a shit about handheld gaming in North America must be painful.

Edit: Okay, I'm confused now.
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/665208498540670976
Lara Croft GO and MH4U are fantastic candidates they both deserve a shot, I can't believe they're in the same list as Fallout Shelter.
Was there some 3DS game that wasn't MH4U on the list?

Neol

I think its just the fact that MH4U is being compared to the other games is a travesty. Looked at the nominees myself and had the same wtf reaction as well. There's a shit ton of 3ds and vita games that are better then the list.

nominees are here btw
http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Skrams

Can we also point out the artwork used for MH4U is for MHF2?

If you click play trailer it plays the video for the March DLC Pack.

Fallout Shelter is going to win and that's a bummer.

Also jesus, I get it's an awards show, but fucking some of this shit is the worst. Best Fighting Game category consists of GG Xrd which came out last year, the sure winner MKX, the now actually canceled/dead Rise of the Incarnates, and the Rising Thunder Alpha.

Niche categories like this are always getting shafted.

Why the fuck are mobile and handheld games one category?

I have a cool category! Best sports game/RPG!

This is besides the fact that Fallout Shelter isn't even close to one of the best mobile games.

MrHoot

Yeah that fighting game category is a travesty. As well as the "handheld" one.

Shame that undertale isn't in best soundtrack too. Would've put it there instead of "Games for change"

Skrams

The sooner we remember that awards shows are gigantic advertisements (some more than others), the better.

It's honestly just another not conference I look forward to possibly seeing a new trailer for something cool at. The awards are a complete after thought and are just there to drive the advertisement and new trailers just as they did at the Spike Awards beforehand.

And I don't even know what "Games for Change," means. Is that supposed to be a title for games that progress the medium or something socially?

It's somehow even worse in gaming than it is in other media. It wouldn't have been as bad if they weren't so busy sucking off Western games.
I dunno, the only really egregious absences of Japanese games are in handheld (a category that's kinda fucked because most of the panel probably doesn't play handheld) and the absence of Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's not really a strong year for Japanese games.

I dunno, the only really egregious absences of Japanese games are in handheld (a category that's kinda fucked because most of the panel probably doesn't play handheld) and the absence of Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's not really a strong year for Japanese games.

Sure, I'm not talking about this year in particular though, Western games always get way more attention than they deserve on these award shows.

Xiraiya

MGSV latest ep on Vessel

Pat/Liam: OH MAN FINALLY PLOT DUMP
*proceed to talk over stuff about how good plot dumps are*
Pat: ...Wait what is this about... Zero?

Guys, seriously, shut up or don't whine about lack of plot dump.

That's so annoying, but I guess also not that big a deal, it's just irksome timing.

Top Bottom