• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

You know what anime I think Matt would like, being a big fan of horror, providing he doesn't mind extremely minimalistic animation? KAGEWANI

Why? Because well...

download_1.png

That's only one of the monsters in the show by the way.

Skrams

Mirror's Edge continues to be pretty good. I don't exactly believe Woolie on blaming all of his missed jumps on PC version glitches though. Jumping towards the flag part of the flagpole that you can't grab onto? Come on, son.

I had to look up boku no eruption to verify this.
Totally verified.
Are you sure you want them to upload it? It's double blind reaction
Man, that reeks of some passive aggressiveness.

Undertale finale on Vessel.

Shame, I really feel like the breaks in between playing this really killed the momentum they had going for the game. They missed out on such a large amount of the story and seemed really confused about the ending.

Fat4all

Banned
Seriously was. And I had finished going back over the entire map for the Papyrus+Undyne phone calls just previously. Totes worth it for both.
I honestly didn't expect them to do the backtrack on the channel playthrough, it's better done on their own time anyways. Maybe they can do a spoiler discussion on the Friendcast, though I doubt they'll need a whole segment for it like they will for MGSV

I honestly didn't expect them to do the backtrack on the channel playthrough, it's better done on their own time anyways. Maybe they can do a spoiler discussion on the Friendcast, though I doubt they'll need a whole segment for it like they will for MGSV

They more or less had one a couple weeks ago, dancing around stuff. Not to mention without doing Genocide and diving into the ARG stuff with W.D. Gaster you can't accurately have a spoiler discussion, and I can't see most of them willing to do that stuff.

Squishy3

Didn't Pat say he's basically going to commit to a genocide run on the podcast? He said he'd play through it again, and he did Pacifist the first time... so yeah

Also having finished Genocide that's a good final boss fight, and I probably like it more than the Pacifist one.

looks like someone found a way to add stuff into Fallout 4 without the mod creator from Bethesda later
edit: also Pat needs to tell Matt about Sans so he realizes hes better than Papyrus

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Didn't Pat say he's basically going to commit to a genocide run on the podcast? He said he'd play through it again, and he did Pacifist the first time... so yeah

Also having finished Genocide that's a good final boss fight, and I probably like it more than the Pacifist one.

Isn't the Genocide run like super hard to complete? how long did it take you to beat it?

MrHoot

Didn't he play genocide ? Or at least said he didn't like the inherent mechanics behind genocide (like having to empty a zone with encounters becoming less frequent) ? I haven't listened to this week's podcast so I dunno if he updated on that. In any case I dunno if it would be as entertaining with him on the helm (maybe i'm paranoid, but i'm expecting something like for tearaway :( ). I'd LOVE to see Woolie though on the controls and Matt on the side for bad time simulator

Also saw the finale and without spoiling, really enjoyed that undertale LP. Had a few bumps and it really came at the worst time because of all the wedding stuff and the long pauses. But in the end, even with all that, the game manages to charm and they got back into it no matter what.

I know it would've been impossible, but i just love imagining if they avoided all the end credits and get to the secret dog room, only for Liam to see the dog in it and go "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU". I think the new trope of "Liam having a feud with X character" is my new current favourite.

Skrams

I'm pretty sure he just said that he's meaning to get back to it to do it. It didn't sound like he committed to it or anything.

I still need to do it myself too. I'm happy the game seems to get way harder with it.

Squishy3

Isn't the Genocide run like super hard to complete? how long did it take you to beat it?
Everything except the final boss is pretty easy. When encounters started to become more infrequent I just mashed left and right and watched TV. Hotland is easily the longest because it encompasses The Core as well so there's 40 monsters instead of just 20. You can take advantage of the scripted encounters though.

I spent more time on the final boss than I did doing the entire run through the game up to him.

Genocide is actually rather short because it forgoes a lot of the main plot. There's just too much to realistically do in an LP though, such as
Doing Genocide first and selling your Soul to Chara, forever altering any future playthroughs by causing your Pacifist ending from that point on to either result in you killing everyone and going on to genocide the Earth if you choose to leave, or very likely killing everyone after moving in with Toriel and using those souls to escape and do the same. Pretty fucked up stuff really.

They do mention at the end they may do more, and I hope they do. I'd like to see Woolie on hand for Genocide though since he seems to be the most in-the-know about the game out of the 4 so he'd have some nice insight.

Genocide is actually rather short because it forgoes a lot of the main plot. There's just too much to realistically do in an LP though, such as
Doing Genocide first and selling your Soul to Chara, forever altering any future playthroughs by causing your Pacifist ending from that point on to either result in you killing everyone and going on to genocide the Earth if you choose to leave, or very likely killing everyone after moving in with Toriel and using those souls to escape and do the same. Pretty fucked up stuff really.

They do mention at the end they may do more, and I hope they do. I'd like to see Woolie on hand for Genocide though since he seems to be the most in-the-know about the game out of the 4 so he'd have some nice insight.
its got to be a Pat and Woolie LP with Woolie on the controls
their the most kill happy of the 4 afterall

aly

I wonder if Pat and Woolie will be doing the BB DLC. If they are, I hope Matt can be there too, since he really likes the game, even if he did'nt finish it.

Moonlight

Banned
No Mercy would demand a ridiculous amount of editing without it being actually unwatchable. The whole thing is designed to be as utterly monotonous as possible, boss fights aside, and if they're not unsatisfying and easy to beat, they're pedal-to-the-metal difficult, and occasionally even outright unfair. And it'd be twice as boring to just sit around and watch unfold, as random encounters dry up and you watch a lamp-shaped sprite waddle around until the last encounter finally rears its' head. The only reason you'd recommend No Mercy is if you don't really mind compromising part of your experience for more lore information and literally like two good fights.

They'd also need to get roughly like 867% better at the game than they are now.

I also dunno if Matt would even have the heart to go through with it.

No Mercy would demand a ridiculous amount of editing without it being actually unwatchable. The whole thing is designed to be as utterly monotonous as possible, boss fights aside, and if they're not unsatisfying and easy to beat, they're pedal-to-the-metal difficult, and occasionally even outright unfair. And it'd be twice as boring to just sit around and watch unfold, as random encounters dry up and you watch a lamp-shaped sprite waddle around until the last encounter finally rears its' head. The only reason you'd recommend No Mercy is if you don't really mind compromising part of your experience for more lore information and literally like two good fights.

thats why i said not for Matt to be on the controls
this needs to be a Pat and Woolie playthrough
or hell even Liam and Pat since im sure Liams a pro at bullet hell

If they do it it should be like a heavily edited 4/5 episode deal where they cut out ALL the grinding and boss attempts in which nothing of interest happens, the main focus should be their reactions to the changed dialogue, story, boss battles, etc.

Mirror's Edge LP is actually enjoyable. I want more of these knowledgeable LPs where they know what they're doing and can just jerk off to the game.

Anung

Un Rama
If they are, I hope Matt can be there too, since he really likes the game, even if he did'nt finish it.

If he can bring some interesting discussion and passion to the table then hell yeah. If he is just going to be randumb then god no LP poison.

This for sure. I could see Pat or Woolie doing it though, and making the episodes long/edited to offset the tons of nothing that is most of the run.

Skrams

The McMuscles' Halloween Wedding Spooktacular + DLC Honeymoon Campaign

Website

Youtube

You know what anime I think Matt would like, being a big fan of horror, providing he doesn't mind extremely minimalistic animation? KAGEWANI

Why? Because well...

download_1.png

That's only one of the monsters in the show by the way.

Welp, plowed through all the episodes available. That's some good shit.

Omnicent

The McMuscles' Halloween Wedding Spooktacular + DLC Honeymoon Campaign

Website

Youtube

Welp, plowed through all the episodes available. That's some good shit.

shits good. sucks that i'm at work (30 minutes to go... time seems to be slowing down now that I want to watch something), so I could only catch a glimpse of the alpha footage.

zeemumu

Their wedding vows hit me in the feels. Normally I'm extremely bitter when it comes to seeing other couples but, nah you guys are alright.

The "prey married" bit almost made me bust out laughing in the middle of this library.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Woolie and Liam's entrance songs were clear, but I couldn't make out Pat's. Did anyone catch what it was?

The wedding part was sweet and the Honeymoon DLC was great. That really was a cute cat, also the little bits here and there were fun. The resort itself seemed fine, as well.

Also, Luigi with the moves.

Skrams

Didn't expect to get teary eyed, but I did a lil bit at the sister's speech. I expected more TJ Combo theme too. They weren't kidding about the dork girls fucking regalia. The fuck was that.

I can't believe the DLC was longer than the main campaign too.

Matt also continues to pick out really great music to accompany things or drown out shit kids.

Top Bottom