• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Atilac

A lot seems to be going down today, the subreddit is blowing up with feedback, 4chan is a den of salt at the marriage video.

Oberon

Banned
A lot seems to be going down today, the subreddit is blowing up with feedback, 4chan is a den of salt at the marriage video.

Some people get mad when they got reminded of their sad life.
It was nice of them to share this moment with their fans tho

Skrams

Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain (Part 41)

Website

Youtube
I assume you mean from the strawpoll over cutscene talk and blind or not LPs?

I don't know how to interpret the 4chan comment. Are there people actually annoyed that this is a video on the channel or that Matt got married or nonsense?

Rockk

I don't know why they expected to like Quiet's ending when they never to any of her tapes.

Also, this is the actual theme of the game.

Anyways the complaining, from me least, will stop when they actually change something due to feedback. Which hasn't quite happened yet.

MrHoot

When is /v/ not a den of salt really. I can barely go there anymore due to shitposting reaching an even higher critical mass. And every last thread about the best friends there has been either about how one or the other are cucks, Woolie being black and thus bad at games (and we all know woolie is bad at games because of the looming guilt he has of killing that one dude once), etc etc...

Makes for some entertaining salt though

92a4f32d72.png

SMS delayed for tomarrow

I forgot how boring the Direct was

like basically nothing of interest happened.

I found it hilarious that they were all so positive about Mario Tennis on Wii U

Village

It probably is true, there aren't that many decent looking female dwarves in media, so Midna probably set that fetish off.
And then that 4ch thread was born. And that one other guy. Who i wont mention but his thats his thing.
He aimed for the gold and ended up dropping platinum level truth bombs.
Arin hanson said something like that, i think... A while ago when jon was on grumps.about him watching tiny toons i think it was, him starting puberty and going. "What are these feelings"

Zomba13

So I'm trying to watch the Best Freidns Watch videos I missed (starting with the Microsoft Gamescom one) and at random times the video just freezes on the frame and the audio gets super echoy/low quality.

Is there a way to stop that happening? I've tried multiple browsers. Chrome seemed to work better but then it happened there too. Is there another place to watch them? Is there a special plugin I need to get them working? The sites video player never works right for me.

Skrams

So I'm trying to watch the Best Freidns Watch videos I missed (starting with the Microsoft Gamescom one) and at random times the video just freezes on the frame and the audio gets super echoy/low quality.

Is there a way to stop that happening? I've tried multiple browsers. Chrome seemed to work better but then it happened there too. Is there another place to watch them? Is there a special plugin I need to get them working? The sites video player never works right for me.

Is it happening at the same time on each video or just whenever it feels like? Is it an Auto resolution thing where it's switching constantly which causes the still frames while the sound quality drops? As far as I know there's no other place to watch them unless some guy uploaded them on dailymotion or something. There might be a way to download the videos off the site, but I'm unsure of that too.

Zomba13

Is it happening at the same time on each video or just whenever it feels like? Is it an Auto resolution thing where it's switching constantly which causes the still frames while the sound quality drops? As far as I know there's no other place to watch them unless some guy uploaded them on dailymotion or something. There might be a way to download the videos off the site, but I'm unsure of that too.

It happens whenever it feels like it, sometimes it plays the section ok, sometimes it's bad (like, not low quality bad but recorded underwater in cthulu's cave).

I tried setting it at 720p instead of auto and it's been ok so far. It must be the quality switching up and messing up. Thanks.

Omnicent

You can easily dl videos of there site if you know some JS, snoop for a few minutes and build the http link.
I had to do this for their E3 stuff since the player was lagging for me pretty hard.

If you are having issues and don't know how to build the link then you may have to wait for them to upload it to youtube.

I wouldn't mind pm/posting links for download if SBF are fine with it.

I love how every time they play a fighting game with Geese in it they spend the match trying to do Raging Storm. Props to Liam for doing it 5 times and winning the match with it. Also, I disagree with Pat, Iori's new design looks really cool.

Skrams

You're all wrong because the GBA games with RPG modes were factually the best Mario sports games.

Also this SVC Chaos video is the closest I've come to having a headache from ever watching these videos. These frames repeating and layering on top of each other is the worst.

I know I'm probably speaking spanish to most of you here, but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of pop culture coverage by the Best Friends recently.
Like, I was certain Pat was going to bring Beast of no Nation hype, and the Creed hype... but nothing.
I mean... why not? Are they leaving out movies because they don't think it's right for the podcast, or have they actually missed the trains on these?

Today's Mirror's Edge episode on the website would constantly reload once it hit that bit about the defective blasters, so today's a technical clusterfuck.

Skrams

I know I'm probably speaking spanish to most of you here, but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of pop culture coverage by the Best Friends recently.
Like, I was certain Pat was going to bring Beast of no Nation hype, and the Creed hype... but nothing.
I mean... why not? Are they leaving out movies because they don't think it's right for the podcast, or have they actually missed the trains on these?

They've talked about movies on the podcast before. It's just super inconsistent. I doubt they're seeing them and purposefully leaving them out. They also tend to see them in groups or whenever they get weird free canadian movie tickets they offhandedly mention. Matt has also been out with wedding stuff so you don't get him seeing Spectre or anything else. If Matt ever sees Spectre and talks about it then I imagine that might get others to talk about movies they've seen recently. Or Matt might just be some of the glue that gets them to see movies together. Dunno.

Doubt it's anything as complicated as that, either they're not interested in those topics or they just forget, it's not like they write down a script beforehand. Matt's the movie guy anyway.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

You're expecting Pat to stop playing FFXIV to watch a movie?

They've talked about movies on the podcast before. It's just super inconsistent. I doubt they're seeing them and purposefully leaving them out. They also tend to see them in groups or whenever they get weird free canadian movie tickets they offhandedly mention. Matt has also been out with wedding stuff so you don't get him seeing Spectre or anything else. If Matt ever sees Spectre and talks about it then I imagine that might get others to talk about movies they've seen recently. Or Matt might just be some of the glue that gets them to see movies together. Dunno.

Oh god, I completely forgot about Spectre. They haven't even mentioned it! After all the skyfall hyping too.

Doubt it's anything as complicated as that, either they're not interested in those topics or they just forget, it's not like they write down a script beforehand. Matt's the movie guy anyway.

Specifically, Pat expressed interest in Beast of No Nation before release. And the whole crew sans Liam has mentioned love of Rocky at one point or another.
So, casual forgetfullness fully possible, but odd under the circumstances. Never the less I'm just saying, I feel the topic range has been ignoring TV shows, movies in general a little lately.

Top Bottom