• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

SO I FINISHED NIER

ALL OF THE ENDINGS

I'VE BASICALLY TWEETED LIAM DIRECTLY AND BRIEFLY ABOUT WHAT MY PROBLEM IS AND I GUESS I'LL ELABORATE HERE

IN SPOILERS OF COURSE

OBVIOUSLY DON'T CLICK ON THE SPOILED TEXT IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FINISHED NIER AND YOU PLAN TO PLAY IT

CONTAINS ENDING D SPOILERS:

the game's price for viewing the final ending is to wipe all your save data from existence

WHICH IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE MY YOUNGER BROTHER WAS LIKE

MIDWAY THROUGH ENDING B BEFORE HE LEFT THIS WEEKEND FOR THE CRUISE

HOW THE FUCK DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM

Try making a new character with the same exact name.

Fat4all

Banned
Try making a new character with the same exact name.

7OGljtZ.gif

Anung

Un Rama
SOMA 13 - Seeing them trying to brute force the lift puzzle by shoving anything into it was super dumb but amusing. Not so stealthy jump cut at 4:31 ;) I'm glad Pat is staying quiet during dialogue. Shame Matt didn't get the memo but Pat is sandbagging him pretty hard so that's good. Next episode should be the finale.

So sad to see Mirror's Edge go already. That was a short but sweet LP that reminded why I love watching these guys. This was especially needed after not enjoying much of their output lately and how rough it's been.

Happy to see MGSV go and I'm really glad they didn't drag it out anymore than they had to. They could have really artificially bloated the length. The final seemed like a good closing point to end it on.

But yeah, looking forward to all these new LP's.

Skrams

Live Action Goofery still super strong. Those end bits were all pretty great.

Although Sharkmas promo code ending in November before it's even Christmas month. That's silly.

Laputa_94

The only piece of best friends merchandise I ever wanted is this.
poster_twobestfriendsplay_twobestfriendsplay_1024x1024.jpg

The main reason is because it was the first year I watched the best friends and brings back a lot of funny memories of old LPs.

Oh my god this Afro Samurai 2 LP is absolutely legendary

Matt:
I hope they just show a scene from San Francisco in the background

Woolie:
That's a city RIGHT THERE!!

Pat:
*loses it*

*sigh* They're still inside-jokey, reference-y stuff. Can't they put out just one simple SBFP shirt that doesn't rely on an inside joke from the channel? =/
You telling me you don't want to walk around in a pink SWEET BABIES shirt? Blasphemy

To a lot of those shirts I go: "that's pretty cool, would never wear it though."

Cranky or Plague's.
BTW, This machinima content from the best friends continues to be top tier!
... Also, is the machinima stuff looked down on in here? I notice it never seems to be linked too...? Edit, nvm, idiot here. But the hype does seem low. I guess I just like it more than most.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You telling me you don't want to walk around in a pink SWEET BABIES shirt? Blasphemy

To a lot of those shirts I go: "that's pretty cool, would never wear it though."

Yeah, I mean...I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on their merch or anything, but, like...Matt called Zach "sweet baby" once or twice on the channel. It was funny, sure. But is it worthy of a shirt? Not really. A lot of the shirts feel like they're making them for, well, themselves.

Version B for Baz. Cranky's is definitely the best looking one imo.

--

Edit: Oh boy, guess what just got uploaded on Vessel. Didn't think they were gonna go with that duo.

Fat4all

Banned
I feel like Plague's fits better with the sort of India-esk style of the game.

Also, new part 1 of a brand spanking new LP is up on Vessel.

Vessel Spoilers:
A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...

Skrams

Cranky or Plague's.
BTW, This machinima content from the best friends continues to be top tier!
... Also, is the machinima stuff looked down on in here? I notice it never seems to be linked too...? Edit, nvm, idiot here. But the hype does seem low. I guess I just like it more than most.
It's non stop goofs in most machinima videos. Not much to say when they pull out their British accents for Syndicate. I enjoyed Woolly World more than the usual machinima videos though. I'll save Fallout for after I start the game myself.
I mean, its the most cryme tyme game ever.

Also, I am voting for Cranky's.
Don't you people dare tell me this is a Woolie and Matt LP. How the fuck.

sjay1994

It's non stop goofs in most machinima videos. Not much to say when they pull out their British accents for Syndicate. I enjoyed Woolly World more than the usual machinima videos though. I'll save Fallout for after I start the game myself.

To make matters better/worse. One has not beaten it, the other has only played 10 minutes of it.

This is going to be amazing/a shit show
They have the strategy guide too

Anung

Un Rama

LP'ing what? spoiler box me bro.

Skrams

To make matters better/worse. One has not beaten it, the other has only played 10 minutes of it.

This is going to be amazing/a shit show
They have the strategy guide too

Matt has said he loves the game though in the past. Did he just watch a friend play through it or something? God, this sounds like it could be fucking roughhhhh.

sjay1994

Matt has said he loves the game though in the past. Did he just watch a friend play through it or something? God, this sounds like it could be fucking roughhhhh.

He clarified saying he beat it when he was younger. Woolie is on the sticks I think. He's barely touched the game before.

Fat4all

Banned

In part 1 he says that
he got really close to the end, like second to last area, but gave up or sommit. He says he's gonna have a story about why he gave up at some point, something to do with a frustrating part.

Anung

Un Rama
I breezed through
FFX
recently in a bout 46 hours so they are going to be locking themselves into a long ass LP.

Goddamn it Liam, a PK(M) is a medium/general purpose machine gun, not a heavy machine gun. An M2 is a heavy machine gun (don't ask me what the Russian equivalent is, I dunno what it is).

Xux

Goddamn it Liam, a PK(M) is a medium/general purpose machine gun, not a heavy machine gun. An M2 is a heavy machine gun (don't ask me what the Russian equivalent is, I dunno what it is).
Yeah, I don't know why people are saying that Liam's a gun expert. He's a surface level enthusiast at best. All of the gun series he mentioned this week were super mainstream and not at all what a gun connoisseur would be paying attention to.

Top Bottom