• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

The segmented Machinima videos are really pissing me off. It ruins the flow so badly. Matt doesn't even know why they're doing it.

The Monster Mash joke never fails to crack me up though. Watching the reviews again because fuck they're just too good.

THIS IS WHAT ADULT SWIM SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING ALL ALONG!

NOW GO FOR THE FULL GENDY! GET SYMBIONIC TITAN AS WELL!

and Megas XLR
DO IT
man this year has been super hype
FF7 Remake,Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, Witcher 3,Fallout 4,Indivisible getting funded, that epic gif of Ironman getting his ass kicked,Xenoblade Chronicles X,The Lost Hunters, and then this Jack returning
Aku will probably be voiced by the same guy that did Iroh in Korra

Laputa_94

dF4cSJc.png

Oh god my mind is breaking.

yea let Platinum show these Valhallla chumps how a real Samurai game should be
A) Valhalla went through development hell with multiple engine changes and a publisher going bankrupt, which Platinum's been fortunate enough to not experience.

B) Yes, Platinum would probably do a samurai game better, because Valhalla is employed by ninjas.

Skrams

God, Afro Samurai 2 is the most jank fucking mess. It's just amazing how you can stare at the swinging of the swords and have no idea if your attacks are hitting enemies or not. The hitbox is a fake Schrodinger's Cat of existing sometimes then never existing.

Afro Samurai is a riot.

Haven't laughed this hard while watching an episode in a long time.

I feel so bad for laughing at all of these kind of sort of racist jokes.

Stuff like acknowledging the silent laughter for an LP making the joke maker look like an asshole had me dying.

Neol

Best Friends Play Final Fantasy X (Part 1)

Ahh that theme. Curious how this will go.

God, Afro Samurai 2 is the most jank fucking mess. It's just amazing how you can stare at the swinging of the swords and have no idea if your attacks are hitting enemies or not. The hitbox is a fake Schrodinger's Cat of existing sometimes then never existing.

I feel so bad for laughing at all of these kind of sort of racist jokes.

Stuff like acknowledging the silent laughter for an LP making the joke maker look like an asshole had me dying.

Ehh its fineeeeeee as long as its not overly offensive. Kinda expected with the type of game to be honest.

Laputa_94

Man I wish the best friends get more opportunities to go down to LA to stream with Max because that was fantastic. It was great seeing the two main video game groups I watch together.

Xux

This
complimalation
on the Vessel is pretty great. I love the Matt edits to what they're referencing sometimes. Pretty great follow up to a strong
Shitstorm

Squishy3

I should probably catch up then.
I don't know if it goes on to spoil anything further in the show, but probably doesn't since it has to be disconnected from the show events anyway. I haven't watched the LP and only played the first episode of the game and went "Yup, this is a Telltale game."

Anung

Un Rama
Seeing all the Samurai Jack love is the best <3 one of my favourite shows as a teen.

Listening to the last podcast made travelling super tolerable. I watched terminator genesis fuck that was a bad movie.

Going to start GoT since I'm done with it. Loads of stuff to watch but too jet lagged to bother. I hope FFX is good.

American fried chicken is the best!

so
Shogun Assassination
arc of Gintama just began
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

dont think im gonna be able to wait till next week for more
so tonight i finally start reading Gintama from beginning to wherever it is now

Edzi

So for those who have watched the FFX video, how seriously is Matt (and I guess Woolie) taking the game and its plot? Earlier someone mentioned that Matt had said that he thinks it's sort of dumb, and I'm not sure I want to watch them go through it if Matt (who would most likely influence Woolie's perception of the game) looks at the story with a "it's so dumb it's good" mindset.

They treat it like it's a dumb JRPG plot, which it is. The game really doesn't get any weight to it until you get to Zanarkand anyway.

So for those who have watched the FFX video, how seriously is Matt (and I guess Woolie) taking the game and its plot? Earlier someone mentioned that Matt had said that he thinks it's sort of dumb, and I'm not sure I want to watch them go through it if Matt (who would most likely influence Woolie's perception of the game) looks at the story with a "it's so dumb it's good" mindset.

Not too bad so far, Matt probably needs to turn his voice a few decibels down but it certainly looks to be a fun play through. It's my favorite style of LPs where one is blind (mostly) and the other is more knowledgable (somewhat) about the game. They will call out some of the small dumb things that many of us FFX fans ignore that happens in the game which is hilarious.

Oh and expect a lot of bashing or jokes about Tidus. I just hope they don't oversaturate the jokes since his story is very interesting later on and is very relatable in my opinion.

daevious

I just hope they don't oversaturate the jokes since his story is very interesting later on and is very relatable in my opinion.

To paraphrase Matt: "I give Tidus some shit but I like him in a goofy way. If he were announced to come back I'd be like 'Yeah' because he's more entertaining then Lightning."

I think he's got the right mindset on how to treat Tidus.

boy Woolie doesnt know how right he is with the religion and sports joke

Religion and sports is Spira in a nutshell.
Alongside racism as well.

To paraphrase Matt: "I give Tidus some shit but I like him in a goofy way. If he were announced to come back I'd be like 'Yeah' because he's more entertaining then Lightning."

I think he's got the right mindset on how to treat Tidus.

Religion and sports is Spira in a nutshell.
Alongside racism as well.

everyones better than Lightning
fucking Kenny is better than Lightning

Anung

Un Rama
Is there any word on if they will be doing anything with Xenoblade Chronicles U? Like a machinima video or something?

Wait, are they at the game awards show tonight? Is that in LA?

Top Bottom